“Thai on the Northside” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,814 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian, Asian fusion
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Jacksonville
“Thai on the Northside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

My husband and I moved to the Northside in 2004 and have been driving back and forth to the beach in order to eat good Thai food.
While speaking with a neighbor about wishing there was a Thai restaurant on this side of town, he quickly recommended I try Green Payaya.
So we did that same night...
All I can say, is Thank Goodness I speak to my neighbors. I would have never know this WONDERFUL restaurant was right around the corner.
The food is amazing! The services is Great!
Thank you Green Papaya, I no longer have to drive to the beach for Thai food.

Jacksonville, Florida
“The BEST in Jacksonville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

My husband and I have been weekly diners at Green Papaya since it opened. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff and the food. We've never ever been disappointed. The Green Papaya Salad is amazing as well as the curries. My husband is a little more adventurous ordering new dishes all the time, but I have tried everthing he's gotten. It's ALL wonderful! The portions are large and the price is very affordable. For those of you who don't live on the Northside or are just passing through, it is definitely worth the trip!

Jacksonville,Florida
“Marvelous flavor and fresh well prepared ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Excellent flavor, very fresh ingredients, plenty to eat-generous portions. Very delicious. The amazing curry was great, the appetiser sampler was great. The decor is a modern and attractive, seats are comfortable. Attentive service. The plating was very nice-my dish had an orchid on it! My new favorite pan asian restuarant. I am going back to try more things!

Florida
“An excellent place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We had a lunch in Green Papaya on our way to Savannah by I-95. It turned out to be an excellent choice, The portions were very generous, thai rice was to die for, as was pineapple chicken. While the food was great and the decor of the place was definitely upscale, the lunch prices were very affordable, so overall - an excellent value!

Laine2009
“This Restaurant is Supurb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Tucked away in the new River City Market Place is an exceptional Thai restaurant. This restaurant is absolutely worth the drive. The quality of the food was excellent as was the preparation. The portions were plentiful, actually enough for the two of us to share. But not next time, I want my own so I can take the left-overs home. I had the Mango Chicken and it was wonderful. You can immediately tell the chicken is top quality as well as the fruits and vegetables served with this dish. I also chose the egg rolls and they were perfectly prepared with Thai dipping sauce and lettuce/carrot garnish.
And if the excellent food is not enough, well the prices will certainly convince you to give this restaurant a try. Dinner entrees are lower than most of the lunch prices at any other Thai restaurant in Jacksonville. So you can just imagine how reasonable lunch must be. Just looking at the beautifully designed menu will convince you that you made a great choice.
In addition, they include choices I have not seen at other Thai restaurants locally.
The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is knowledgeable and accomodating. The decor is very New York, they actually hired an interior decorator from New York to design this beautiful establishment.
I live in the southside and will happily travel the distance to again to enjoy the supurb cuisine and hopefully all you northsiders will support a great restaurant. Congratulations.... you have a winner.
Sharon