“Great service and good food in a lovely atmosphere.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian, Asian fusion
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great service and good food in a lovely atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I suggested Green Papaya as a dinner option to my colleague and a client, who were game for a new restaurant. The restaurant is very chic and comfortable - cool art on the walls, funky chairs and a water feature up front. The dining room is very open, but I would imagine that it's still initimate, even with a lot of folks. I ordered Thom Ka Gai to start and Pad Thai with shrimp as my meal. The soup was an absolute highlight. It was flavorful and perfectly spiced (the server will ask your preferred level of spiciness and they got it just right). The Pad Thai was great, though just a tad sweet. Our server was attentive without being overbearing. Overall, we had a great experience and I recommend Green Papaya.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great Pan Asian Food in Jacksonville, Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Green Payaya is a great somewhat upscale resturant in the "Deep Fried" South East. Everything is good but I generally order Sea Food. Their Sea Bass with Green Curry is Outstanding. Fun modern atmosphere and helpful staff round out great food.

• Visited September 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

A friend of mine took me to the Green Papaya for my birthday. I got the black bean chicken, and my friend got the pineapple chicken. Since they are a Thai restaurant, they have several spicy items on their menu. The dish I got was on the tame side, however. If you want spicy, they can adjust the spice to your liking. I like the fact they offer natural brown rice as a side dish. I can tell a distinct difference in the texture of their rice, it is more nutty than what you would get at other restaurants that serve brown rice. It was very good. The vegetables were fresh and cooked to a nice crispness, not soggy.

The atmoshere is soothing. The music they play is not overpowering. It is subtle and soft, a type music you would like to hear when you want to meditate or take a long bubble bath. The lights are somewhat dim, but not so much that it is dark. The decor is very elegant. We went on a Sunday night, so there wasn't a big crowd there.

I was also impressed with our waitress. She was very humble and kind. She has a heart to serve others, and I'm glad we were able to meet her. If you go there, ask for Amy.

You would expect to pay top dollar for this type of meal, atmosphere, and service. The average menu item cost , I would say, is $12. You definitely get your money's worth. I will choose this restaurant again in the future.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“Overpriced Ramen noodles”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was extremely disappointed especially after noting all the positive reviews. Service and atmosphere were OK but I couldn't believe it when they used Ramen noodles for the Pad Ba Mee. I pointed it out to the server and she was extremely apologetic. The Tom Ka Gai soup much too sweet. I know they claim to be Pan Asian which allows them to be less than authentic but the Thai dishes really came up short.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Finally found solid Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I had the Tom Kha Gai and the Pad Thai. Both were authentically prepared with the subtle details and flavors that most restaurants leave out. This restaurant prepares solid Thai food with fresh ingredients unlike many other "thai" restaurants which assume that the only people eating their food are carelessly shoveling noodles down with Singha beer. Not exactly the cheapest place, but I guess Id rather have quality over heaps of greasy noodles doused in pad thai sauce. Kudos to the chef and owner for maintaining the reputation of Thai cuisine. Im glad I was able to grab a quick bite here before dropping my husband off at Jacksonville Airport. It was the perfect meal and hit the spot! Thanks Green Papaya!

• Visited June 2011