“Relaxing Outdoor Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Incontro Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 120 restaurants in Danville
Cross street: Diablo Rd.
Walnut Creek, California
“Relaxing Outdoor Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We recently dined at Incontro Ristorante in Danville with my son and daughter-in-law on an early Sunday evening. We were seated on the porch in a shaded area and though the day was warm, it was very relaxing and comfortable. We started our meal with a small pizza as an appetizer to share. We ordered the one with arugula on top. The crust was crisp and the fresh arugula on top was refreshing combined with the cheese blend on the pizza. It was an excellent size to share for four people. Though the entrée selection was not as large as some other Italian restaurants, I found several selections I'd like to try. My husband ordered a scallop dish, my son the veal scaloppini, my daughter-in-law ordered a breaded chicken with salad dish, and I had the lasagna. We all enjoyed the varied flavors in our meals and felt the portion sizes were satisfying. We definitely plan to dine at Incontro Ristorante again soon.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Berkeley, California
“july 4th limited menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

we went with a group and had made reservations unaware that they would have a limited menu instead of their regular menu. we were not informed of this when the reservations were made and of course have no idea when incontro made this decision or if they normally have this limited menu for certain days. needless to say we were disappointed but certainly will try incontro another time. the restaurant setting is wonderful as many homes-turned-restaurants are excellently laid out. the service was attentive and our water glasses were filled without asking though soda refill requests were needed. the Arancini (fried rice balls) were interesting. I had never had them and I was expecting the rice to be compacted more. the Arancini was pleasant but not necessarily worth the price. the cesare salad was simple, the vegetation was crisp and cold. the dressing was mild, some would prefer more punch to it. the crostini was a nice touch to the salad. an option of anchovies would have been nice. did note the lack of the wait staff offering parmesan or ground pepper. the bread on the table was too dense for my liking. the Vitella (veal) Piccata was very good with a generous amount of veal along with the tang of the capers. would have preferred the veal not be placed on top of the spinach covered mash potatoes. nothing special with the spinach or mashed potatoes. the Lasagne was excellent, smooth and flavorful. the Risotto Special (with shrimp) was very tasty but everything was the same orange color. They would have done better with a sprinkle of some contrasting color even a sprinkle of cilantro or something. the Pappardele Pesto got a thumbs up from its consumer. the salmon was enjoyed by its diner but was not outstanding otherwise. Overall of all the entrees that we had the Lasagne was the standout but I would anticipate more standouts from their regular menu. Til that next time.

Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ca
“East Bay Up and Comer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Delicious food (especially the lasagne), relaxing ambiance, and friendly, efficient service. (The owner greets everyone, and is a kick.) This is our go-to weeknight restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danville, California
“Great food, inconsistent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would have given Incontro a much higher rating (their food is indeed very good) if their service was consistent. Instead, it's rather undependable. During one business lunch, where we were only one of a few tables with customers, the waiter had to be flagged down multiple times. When he was available, he was attentive. When he disappeared for great periods at a time - it was rather annoying.

Visited May 2012
“Like Being on Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Dined here for the first time last night and felt like we were back in Europe on vacation again. The patio seating area with the fire pit and heated lamps provides a great space for enjoying a meal. You can watch people walk by since it is on Danville's main street, which adds to the European feel, yet this area still manages to maintain enough seclusion to be comfortable. Plus, there aren't a ton of people on the street in Danville, so it's not like you're out in a crowd. Having an Italian waiter naturally contributed to the feeling of being back on vacation. He was knowledgeable about the plates we chose. When we asked him if certain items were good, he gave his opinion, which we appreciated since most servers will just tell us what is "popular". Salad of arugula & grilled corn with shaved cheese was good and pretty substantial, but we thought slightly overpriced. Husband chose the lasagna. It was the best we've ever tasted, and yes, we've been to Italy. I ordered gnocchi, which our server promised he would replace if I didn't like it. He didn't have to because it was delicious. Finished with a panettone bread pudding. Desserts, like the salads, seemed a tad pricey, but happily, It was creamy and so scrumptious. I really liked it even though I'm a chocoholic. Everyone who works there took an interest in making sure we had a really good dining experience. We'll be back--soon, I hope.

• Visited April 2013