“roaches on the wall” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
hudson valley ny
“roaches on the wall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

my wife,daughter, son in law and I ate a late lunch recently. We have eaten at the diner before. The food was fair to good. The woman's bathroom had no toilet paper or paper towels. We killed two roaches on the wall of our booth. When we told our waitress this she shrugged and did not even offer an apology. She was sweet and gave us good service, even though she forgot to tell us about the day's specials.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

pennsylvania
“Eh. Okay. Greasy, typical diner fare. Liked Pete's Famous & Coppolas better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

This was okay. The food was pretty greasy (I'm picky about greasy though, so I'm sure it was just typical). Lots of menu choices. I got the veggie burger with cheddar and an iced latte. They offer supposedly espresso-based iced drinks, but the iced latte tasted like they just added milk to regular-old brewed coffee, not espresso. It was okay... the service was kind of slow and the waitress seemed to forget about us for a while, but it did get busy. It was okay, but I liked Pete's Famous and Coppola's better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Greenbush, NY
“Eveready Diner made our trip perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

On Saturday July 11,2009 we took a day trip to Hyde Park to the FDR Museum. My nephew recommended the Eveready Diner. After our visit to the museum we when to the diner for lunch. We had a great meal but what I loved the most was the cherry coke. I haven't had one of those since high school day. I ordered the Hudson Salad, it was delicious. It had endive, pecans, chopped apple, cranberries, chicken and blue cheese. It came with a honey mustard vinaigrette. It was a great salad. I also ordered sweet potatoe fries and I think they were the best I've ever had. My friend ordered one of the deli sandwiches a roast beef on french bread and she ordered the onion rings. We were very happy with the meal and my nephews recommendation. We will go back again.

Upstate NY
“Standard Diner Food and Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Big portions of diner fare. Endless choices, but everything pretty much tastes the same. The service was excellent. Bottomless coffee. Mile high pies and cakes. Heaping servings of fries.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
hudson valley ny
“Easter Bunny didn't eat there. No one ease should”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Terrible food , waitress not with it . Eveready has had a big change since last Easter. I'm afraid we will never again be ready for EVEREADY again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere