“OK Value, Family Run, Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Manor Motel

Golden Manor Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Golden Manor Motel
You added Golden Manor Motel to your Saves list
522 Albany Post Rd., Route 9, Hyde Park, NY 12538   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hyde Park
Hopewell Junction, New York
“OK Value, Family Run, Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I spent the weeked with our 4 children (12 year old boy, 5 year old twin boys & 3 year old daughter) at the Golden Manor in Hyde Park, even though we live relatively nearby as a sort of mini-vacation, while visiting local sites. The motel location is good right on Route 9 (Main St Hyde Park and Rhinebeck) and our room was just "ok" it had plenty of room with 3 double beds, but they were all rock hard, the ceiling tiles were droopy and stained, the carpet was stained, the airconditioning was a through the wall unit poorly fit and the bathroom was really small and dated with peeling paint, some mold, stained tub, etc. One of the main reasons we booked the motel was to be able to use the pool, but after check-in I was advised "it closed a few days ago" ? ! The owners were very nice to me and my family but I did see first hand one of them being rude to another guest who requested and offered to pay for an extra hour (12 vs 11am checkout). Breakfast is included and consisted of coffee, juice, rolls, store bought donuts & danish (Entemanns). For perspective we paid $95 fof the 3 double bed room with breakfast, so in the end, it was a good value. Just have realistic expectations. If you want a really nice modern room with indoor pool and other hotel amenities including a killer breakfast for about $110-130/night, stay a few miles south at the Hampton Inn on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie, this is by far the nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was quite surprised how nice and clen the room was. It was dated, but very clean. Location was fantastic. We had previously styed at the chain hotels, but like to support the locals. So much better than the chain.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
West NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our family group of 13 stayed here in 5 rooms for 3 nights. The location is great! It is directly across from the FDR home and next to an old school drive in theatre on one side and a fantastic brew pub on the other. The CIA and Marist College are 4-5 miles to the south on Route 9. After visiting the historical sites nearby we enjoyed the very clean large pool in the afternoon. The woman(owner) at the front desk was entirely opposite from the abrupt personality she had on the phone. The rooms were dated but we found them to be very clean. We rented 2 of the efficiencies each containing a little sink/refrigerator and stove. The rate includes a light breakfast of coffee/orange juice and store bought donuts. Our rooms happened to be in the back facing the pool so we heard no road noise.

I would stay here again when we return to the area.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool at the back of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

After being stereotyped as a party hard college kid who would only trash the room I was able to negotiate a single room with two beds for 75 bucks before taxes during the off peak season. While enjoying a cigarette in my new costly -- hole I witnessed a roach walking on the bar of soap in the bathroom . I grabbed a piece of garbage and scooped the demon insect towards the toilet. I grabbed my belongings and walked out. I told the lady that I would not pay 80 plus dollars to sleep with roaches and demanded a refund. She refused. I told her I was unhappy with her service and business practices but she still declined. I'm 80 bucks in the hole but roach free tonight where I lay my head. This is my honest review, no haste, resentment, anger or spite. Just an honest man looking out for others. Good luck.

• Stayed April 2012
Central Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

-Our family stayed here for three days near Thanksgiving and occupied two rooms. The first nice impression we received was HOW CLEAN THE ROOMS ARE. Our family members examined the rooms carefully (as we are neat-freaks) and we found the rooms very clean.

-Over the years, our extended family members have stayed at this hotel and each have recommended it highly. So when we finally decided to visit, we decided to give the Golden Manor a try.

-Frankly, we were a little skeptical, as normally we stay at more expensive locals, but with no big chain close by, it was the only place that seemed conveniently located for us. It is right across the street from the FDR Presidential Library and Museum (and other National Historic sites), the "Walkway Over the Hudson" and close to many great restaurants as well.

-The hotel is set far enough from the highway to get a good nights sleep. The beds were nice and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and nicely laid out. Every afternoon when we returned we noticed that we all received new sheets and bedding as well as fresh towels and soap...and our rooms were always as clean as a whistle.

You will get the feeling that these rooms are dated from the 1970s, but they seem to be very well-maintained, nicely painted and wallpapered as well as well heated (or cooled). Our rooms did not have flat-screen TVs...but did have a 36-inch stereo TV with plenty of channels to watch. The one thing they did not have was a clock radio in each room.

On our visit, the simple breakfast consists of dry cereal, milk, orange juice, fresh coffee,or tea, a variety of donuts and glazed sticky buns. The mom and pop owners (Trudy) were very courteous and friendly. They gave us directions to a couple of nearby locals to explore and were very helpful.

Overall, we all enjoyed our stay here very much...and it was definitely worth the price of $55 a night, which was the best deal of the whole trip. Not being from this area, we were pleasantly surprised, as there are definitely enough great attractions to see. We will surely plan to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed here to be close to some of the National Park sites. It's very conveniently located, across the street from the FDR home. On July 4th weekend, we paid $75 for our room, and it was the best deal of the trip. The motel is a big 'C' facing away from the road, with little side wings pointing toward it. Parking was pretty tight since they were so full. Sadly, the excellent neon sign has been recently replaced by a cheap and tacky plastic sign, which did sort of hurt the retro vibe.

I originally thought the owners were a bit crusty, but when I came back to fill the ice bucket, they were very friendly and had good tips on food in the area. Our room was next to the office, and was pretty large. It was worn, but clean. The furnishings were dated, but that was just part of the fun, as was our beautiful pink tile bathroom. We really enjoyed the pool, which was pretty large for this sort of place. Despite the brutal heat, we were almost alone using it. The bed was comfortable, and although it was not the quietest night we've ever spent (motel full, road traffic), we slept well. I might try one of the other old motels next time to satisfy my curiosity, but I would be very happy to end up here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
warwick ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

It's clean,and the managers are courteous. They have a simple breakfast with coffee, buns and juice. They are far enough fro rte 9 that you won't have much highway noise.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Golden Manor Motel? Share your experiences!