“Great location, great welcome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costello's Guest House

Costello's Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Prices are for rooms, adults
Costello's Guest House
Save Saved
You added Costello's Guest House to your Saves list
21 Main Street, Hyde Park, NY 12538   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Milford, CT
“Great location, great welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Patsy is a lovely hostess, very accommodating and hospitable. The rooms are neat and clean. The location is quiet and private, but near everything you want to see. Patsy was welcoming and gracious when my mom, sister and I stayed there. All her recommendations were spot-on. She also gave us space, though, to explore on our own. Great value, too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Quaint, clean, and packed with history. My family and I stayed at Costello's Guest House over ten years ago. I recently returned with a friend for a one-night stay. Little has changed over the years. It's still the perfect choice for those wanting safe, centrally-located lodging that won't break the bank. Patsy, the hostess with the most-ess, is a local history gem and her home is a mini-museum of sorts. Patsy is all to happy to share her "behind the scenes" knowledge of Hyde Park. She weaves wonderful tales about America's own version of "Dowton Abbey." It was a royal experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for our daughter's graduation from Bard College and had a great time. The room was very comfortable and Patsy was super accommodating. We loved our stay here and will definitely come again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Costello's Guest House is a lovely place to stay in Hyde Park. The beds are comfortable and the rooms were just what we needed. The icing is the wonderful host Patsy. We are a family of four so the two bedroom layout exactly met our needs. Patsy knows just about everything there is to know about Hyde Park, the region and the Roosevelt and Vanderbilt estates. She is the president of the local historical society. We would definitely stay there again on a future trip. I can recommend Costello's without any reservation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Litchfield Park, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Costello's Guest House while on a semi business trip. It's a wonderful old home. Very clean, quiet and just a short walk from the Hudson river. The walks in the morning were pleasant and a nice way to relax. The home is located in a very safe family neighborhood so feel free to explore a bit. The home owner, Patsy is as sweet as can be. She was very hospitable and also helpful providing information on the Hudson Valley area. She is a life long resident. Staying in someone's home is a different experience. This was new to me but I'm glad I did. By the way, the home is set up in such a way that you have complete privacy upstairs. After a while it felt like I was at home. Pretty good when you are traveling. One note: There is a television downstairs but not in the rooms. The cost is very reasonable. Next time try something different. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The house has two rooms. The Canopy room was 75.00 per night, This room is quite large which I recom...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

I stayed at Costello's Guest House last summer while I was in Hyde Park. I was there for a little history trip (FDR library, Vanderbilt Estate, etc).
Costello's only has two rooms. I stayed in the smaller room, the nautical room. The bed was comfortable and the room had an individual air conditioner that worked great. Please note there is no television in the room.
The two rooms have a shared bathroom, but I was the only one there for the two nights so I didn't have to share with anyone.
I chose to stay here b/c it was in my budget and b/c I thought it would be a different experience. I had never stayed at a guest house before. The owner was very nice and helpful. She let me use her microwave to heat up leftovers one night and we sat on the porch discussing Eleanor Roosevelt. She knew Eleanor Roosevelt!
Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — historic home built in 19th century
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Costello's Guest House? Share your experiences!