“Good value and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Hyde Park
Palmyra, New York
“Good value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Sept 2012. We had a king sized bed 2nd fl. The room was clean and looked like it was recently upgraded. The breakfast was very good. Eggs, bacon, waffles, juice, fruit..... Much more than you expect for a free continental. The pillows were the small chicklet size and were awful. The front desk stated they receive many complaints but they are standard issue for Quality Inns. I asked for 2 add'l pillows. If you want to sit up in bed and watch TV, bring your own pillow. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and the breakfast! We always have additional pillows available at the front desk (as well as extra towels and other amenities) for our guests if needed.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Couldn't access side entrance with our key...twice! No elevator...Had to carry our bags upstairs to our room on the second floor. (Makes me question accessability for elderly and disabled patrons.) Pillows were smaller than the standard size and very uncomfortable. The only ice machine was inconveniently located on the main level. Air conditioner was too loud to sleep while running. The room wasn't clean to our standards. Finally...a rather unpleasant odor greeted us in the parking lot. We'll wait until another hotel is built in Hyde Park before visiting again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for the review. We always like to hear what our customers think about their stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that your key cards would not let you into the side door. The magnetic strip sometimes does get deactivated if placed by a cell phone or a credit card. I am sure that our front desk team was able to make you a new card to get into the door!

We do offer several handicap accessible rooms on the first floor. As a building with only two floors we do not have an elevator. Many times we can accommodate a request to be on the first floor and we are always willing to help carry bags up to the second floor!

I do hope that you will give our hotel another chance to make a good impression on you!
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was in town for my high school reunion, and this is basically the only hotel in Hyde Park proper. The ones that were there when I was a child have become indigent housing. So, my expectations were fairly low. I was quite pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean, the staff was extremely friendly, the price was reasonable, the location was convenient. I will stay there again when in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great complements about our staff and hotel! We are so glad that you choose to stay with us for your visit to Hyde Park. As mentioned there are not many hotels in Hyde Park and we are proud to offer all of the Choice Hotels brand standards to our guests. We offer a free hot breakfast, wireless internet, large parking lot, and fitness room and business center.

I am so glad to hear that you will be staying with us again in the future!
Oakland Gardens NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were going to the Dutchess County Fair in nearby Rhinebeck, so we stayed at the Quality Inn. I've been there once before, about three years ago. My expectations of a place like this are low--clean room and a comfortable place to sleep is all I want. If I wanted fro-fro's, I'd stay at the Beekman Arms. The property was just as nice as it was three years ago, with one odd change. We had a room with two double beds. The odd change was in the pillows. The beds had "regular" pillows the last time we were there. This time, there were three tiny square pillows on the bed, like Chicklet pillows. I went into the dresser to see if there were real pillows in there but no. It wasn't until after 11 pm that I realized the pillows were weird, and I wasn't going to go to the front desk to ask. If you are fussy about your pillows, this might be a deal breaker for you.
There was a small round table with a coffee maker on it and two chairs. (The chairs looked like someone had spilled coffee on them and really could use cleaning.) The water was plenty hot enough for a shower and the water pressure was good. The TV worked fine.
The free breakfast was quite good--scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, fruit, make your own waffle, bacon, cereal, bagels, bread, muffins. . .plenty to eat. I liked that they had breakfast until 11 a.m. There is a Dairy Queen and a diner nearby, and Coppola's Italian restaurant across the street.
As someone mentioned in another review, this place has no pool. For us, that didn't matter. The location really good. Quality Inn is near the Roosevelt House, Vanderbilt Mansion, and Rhinebeck (there's an aerodrome there) and the Fairgrounds are not far away. The people who work there are very friendly and helpful and will suggest things to do and see if you are not sure.
I would definitely stay there again the next time we were going to attend something at the Fairgrounds (there are events year round) or want to sight see in the area.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have heavy bags, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We are so glad to hear that you had a good stay while you were in Hyde Park!

I am so sorry that you were not happy with the pillows in your room. We do have the Choice Hotel Brand approved pillows that they require us to have in each room. I do understand that they are smaller than pillows that you would have in your home. We do always have extra pillows at the front desk to give out to guests as needed.

Thank you for the review and we look forward to hosting you again!

Director Of Operations
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Centrally located in a historic area, room was clean but the overall appearance was worn. Bathroom especially, it was clean but needs updating. No pool, might be a draw back for people with kids looking for a distraction once back to the motel for a day. TV reception on the flat screen was snow-free.
The staff was above average pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast was good.
Not really anything to do at the motel but fits the bill for the budget minded as a base of operations when visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We are always happy to hear what our guests think about our facility and staff. I am glad to hear that our staff was pleasant and helpful! We hope to host you again for a future stay in Hyde Park!

Director of Operations
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our stay at this Quality Inn was just perfect for us. The staff members were extremely courteous and helpful. Actually, they introduced us to activities we never anticipated, all of them nearby.

Thanks. We appreciate the "quality" in Quality.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be quite satisfactory. It appears to be a very quiet location in general.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our staff!
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Dreary, depressing and overpriced. Trouble with cable, never fixed. They said the technician was supposed to have been there that day but didn't show up. Had to move to another room because of noisy neighbors. Look for other accommodations in the area. Needs to updated. Man at the desk moved us and was pleasant enough.

Room Tip: Ask t be away from others, thin walls and noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. I apologize for the issue that you had with the cable in your room. I am so happy to hear that our front desk associate was able to accommodate you by moving your room.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Director of Operations

Been to Quality Inn Hyde Park? Share your experiences!