“Over the top service” 4 of 5 stars

(845) 471-6608
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bocuse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: French
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Over the top service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I love the idea that the CIA students must do 'their time' as servers, chefs, etc. in the various CIA restaurants. Although they did a fine job, I felt that it made for a bit of a stressful environment, almost as though they were being graded and had to strive for absolute perfection. It's hard to complain about overly attentive service, but there was barely a moment that my dinner companion and I had time to ourselves with waiters constantly checking in and replenishing bread, water, etc. I felt like saying: "relax a little" but it was clear that they were very serious about executing their jobs under the watchful eye of the non-students who were in charge. Otherwise, the food was good, though a bit scant, and the presentation was really lovely. I mentioned while making my OpenTable reservation that it was my birthday week with the hope of scoring a great table. The staff was really great in wishing me a happy birthday, even remembering on my way out the door. While I didn't score a window seat, I was seated near the glass enclosed kitchen, so was able to see the students at work preparing our yummy meals. The most memorable part of my meal: the truffle soup. I had never had truffles before, so had to try it. It was tasty and there was fabulous puff pastry on top. Cool! In addition to reasonably priced wines, you can order a cocktail. One last thing... be sure to arrive a little early to wander the hallways and see some of the students at work in the 'behind the glass' classrooms. The gift shop closes at 6:00 so you are in luck to remember your visit with a momento if you are here for lunch or an early dinner. Bon appetit!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The purpose of this restaurant is for the students at the CIA to learn. But you would never know it. These polished and energetic students are professional above board. The food is superb and the dining experience is lovely. 1st course - lobster dish and a pork belly dish, both outstanding and melt in your mouth. 2nd course - scallops dish and beef loin - again. so yummmmy! lastly for desert - table side home made ice cream - made with nitrogen - for a great show and little extras to much on while you watch. this is a wonderful place and love watching the open kitchen - and the level of intense desire to succeed that these young people have.

Orlando, Florida
“Fine dining at Bocuse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was our first visit to Bocuse, but it most certainly will not be our last. We visit the CIA once a year, sometimes twice. Last year we were unable to get a reservation.

The Bocuse offers a prix fixe lunch and dinner menu Tuesday through Thursday. Every item on the menu is included though a few have modest up charges. This is a great deal, and if you can go during one of the Hudson Valley dining weeks, it is even better.

Our reservations were for the first lunch sitting. The welcoming drink was champagne with orange pearls which dissolved to give it a light citric undertone.

For our Appetizers we had the Torchon of Foie Gras which was incredibly good. We also had the Braised Pork Belly with pickled vegetables, Bulgar wheat salad and black Mission fig.

For our entrée we had the Beef Strip Loin. Both came cooked as we requested. The accompaniments included Lardons, Pasta Ribbons, Beech Mushroom and Charred Parsnip. The plating was beautiful and the food was delicious.

For dessert we had the Table-Side Ice Cream & Classic Treats. Wow! The Lavender ice cream was made at the table with a hand cranked KitchenAid. You have to see this to believe it. There were four treats served with the ice cream. They were extraordinarily delicious.

Everything we had was awesome! The service was excellent. One of our party who is from Japan asked what the Japanese name was for Tilefish. The server went to ask about it, and returned with a smart phone with a complete description of it in Japanese. We were all most impressed!

Mahwah, New Jersey
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

besides the fact their excellent wine list had a beautiful.Austrian wine that my gorgeous Austrian girl friend enjoyed, every part of.dinner was wonderful. the appetizers were special particularly.the jonah crab, WOW! the hen entree spectacular and rabit was nice too. braised leeks, au gratin potatoes amazing. quite a special.night!!!

Long Island
“Bocuse at CIA is a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Top service and food in an elegant restaurant made my daughter's 19th birthday an unforgettable experience. The soups were amazing! My husband and son had their signature truffle soup and I had the squash soup that is a seasonal special. My daughter had the crab appetizer and it was just ok- she was wishing that she ordered the soup too! She and I both had the scallops that were incredible! My son and husband had meat dishes and enjoyed their meals immensely. We couldn't resist the ice cream made by our waiter right by our table. This was really unique and something to try. We also ordered the assorted chocolate dish that was out of this world! The wait staff is trained and ready to make this a very special day.

• Visited April 2014