“Sooo good!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: German, Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park. Joseph Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more.
Staatsburg, New York, United States
“Sooo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Joseph's several times. Each time we were there, its been incredible. The best prime rib I've ever had. The steamed clams were also the best. Services was exceptional. The owner Joseph always makes us feel like he's welcoming us into his home. We love it!! Thanks for putting this great steakhouse in our neighborhood.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We have 110 five star reviews but when we get a nice review from someone local it is even more special Joseph's thank you sooo much also. come back soon and Happy Holidays

Rhinebeck, New York
“Pretty awful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Shocked that this is #1. We have been several times, as a couple and with friends. Food is mediocre and steaks are never the temperature requested. Very expensive for what you get. Service is a bit overly friendly for my taste, but at least they are enthusiastic.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I am shocked at pretty awful also. We did not become #1 by not severing a great steak. To me I would like ever customer leaving here feeling they had a the best steak ever. If you been here several times before, it must of been pretty good that you came back. I would guess our Chefs cooked around ten thousand steak this year. Our broiler cooks at around 1700 degrees and it's a art cooking 20 steaks at once. But once in a while we get one not cooked to the customer liking. Believe me I am not that happy enthusiastic guy when my customers are not happy. Try us again and make sure you ask for Joseph, I will make sure you have the best steak ever.
Hyde Park, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have put of going to Joseph's ever since it opened, I am not one to go out for steak, booorrring! When we do it's usually off to NYC to one of the venerable steakhouse's. Last week my wife and I decided we would give it a try, and we are so glad we did. I didn't expect this in my home town, but they really deliver. The greeting was professional and welcoming. We opted to wait for a table in the main dining room, they were full on a Wednesday night, and we didn't have a reservation. We sat at the bar where we were promptly served. We both enjoyed our appetizers, my mussels were especially good, plump, sweet, fresh and properly cooked. We both ordered the prime rib after we overheard other diners saying how good it was. The eavesdropping worked out, the prime rib was out of this world, I mean this was without a doubt the best beef I've ever had with the exception of Wagyu and Kobe. The dessert was pretty good, a homemade ice cream, delicious,but the brownie seemed to be a box mix. Being a former chef I have to give it 5 stars just on the slow roasted prime rib...just delightful way out. The service was prompt and gracious. Joseph, we look forward to joining you soon. Maybe you could have your chef work on a homemade brownie!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nice review and make sure you try one of our Dry Aged Steak next time. Chef makes the apple crisp & cranberry bread pudding. As for the brownies Chef did not make them my wife did. After 30 years of marriage she may of had me fooled that they were homemade. We might just have to upgrade at brownie but I can not upgrade the wife.
Joseph
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Best Strip Steak Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I ate at Joseph's recently and we were so glad we did. What a wonderful little gem. From start to finish we had an incredible meal. While trying to decide what to eat, the friendly owner Joseph came over and suggested the strip steak. Since we also love a good prime rib, we decided to get one of each and share. OMG-the strip was amazing and done to perfection. The prime rib was cooked rare as requested and so tender and tasty. Who needs Manhatten steakhouses? We will be back. (Sinatra music a nice touch)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for the review and becoming a new local customers to enjoy Joseph's. I agree, you did make two good choices. I rate our slow cooked Certified Angus Prime Rib the best I ever had. Be sure to try our outstanding Sunday Brunch. Hope to see you soon. Thank you Joseph
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Sunday Brunch as it should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Tired of waiting in long Sunday brunch lines only to find the food has been picked over, is cold, isn't fresh?

Treat yourself to Sunday Brunch the way it was meant to be...

{We started with a Harney and Son tea flavor called "Paris". Divinely served in our own personal teapot by ForLife, it was a wonderful way to warm up after being outside on a chilly Fall morning.}

For a very reasonable price we received our choice of beverage (we had mimosas, which our waiter later refreshed!), a dish of fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, grape halves, cantaloupe pieces, and freshly sliced bananas on top), followed by a choice of entree...there are several delectable items, such as salmon, but we passed them up because after all, this is JOSEPH'S Steakhouse! Our waiter and the house manager, Michael, recommended the hangar steak, medium rare and the poached eggs, a perfect textural combination. The steak was delicious, perfectly done, and sliced for ease. The hollandaise sauce was served on the side, warm, and was a perfect complement to the poached eggs (and the steak!).

Apple crisp was the dessert which is part of the price of the meal. You can choose one of three ice creams to top it... we had the cherry merlot. WONDERFUL. Simply delicious served on top of the warm perfectly crafted crisp.

The young 20 something chef really outdid himself. And Michael, our waitstaff, really outdid himself in hospitality, giving us a tour and a bit of history of their establishment. It was a very memorable brunch. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
What a nice way to describe our three course Sunday Brunch. With Filet Mignon Benedict, Homemade Corned Beef Hash and French Toast stuffed with Mascarpone & Strawberries, I can't wait for Sunday to come. Thank you ... Joseph