“Great Evening!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park. Joseph Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the time we walked in until we left it was a great evening. Everyone, the bartender, the owner, the waiters were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The food was great -- wonderful escargots, steak, lobster, shrimp. The best meal we had on our trip to New York. We live in Washington, DC and frequent very highly rated restaurants. None could top Josephs!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Only one word to how I feel about your review. WOW
Joseph

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Best Steak Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Husband took me to dinner and food and service was excellent. I'm an extreamly picky eater but the steak and sauce was the best I've ever had. The steak justs melt in your mouth. Our waiter Mike was great, very attentive, made us feel very welcome. We have eaten here before and will again and will tell every one this is the very best steak house in the Hudson Valley.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. Joseph's has tried to bring to the Hudson Valley the type of Steakhouse you would find in Manhattan but at Hudson Valley prices. It is really a treat to us when our local customers enjoy our quality of steak. Next week we are celebrating our second anniversary with a commentary glass of champagne. Hope to see you soon Thank You Joseph
Yorktown Heights, New York
“wonderful surprise and we're picky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Took our niece to early dinner on sunday. The food and the service were outstanding. Flank steak and shrimp scampi some of the best we've ever had and we were in the business. Joseph was a joy; our waiter, Mike, has a great sense of humor but is serious about food and wine. Very knowledgable. Terrific experience. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Manager at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
To our new Marist Friends. Michael & I enjoyed having you and your family for Sunday dinner. I always like to hear that our customers enjoy their meal along with the hospitality and a nice dinning experience. Looking forward to your return. Thank you Joseph
Poughkeepsie
“Fool me once”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The best thing I can say is I will never go back. Joe gave me the worst dining experience I have ever had at any restaurant at any time. The food sucked the service sucked and the management thinks -shame on me that I did not tell him that his food and my experience at Joseph's sucked. Perhaps if my expectations where not what he advertised I would not be so harsh. I am kind to everyone and if my kindness is seen as weakness and you are unkind to me, weakness will not be what you remember of me.
Louis M.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Most of our reviews refer to our food as SUCCULENT and not the misappropriate word you used.
From your previous review that was removed I did get your the following. Your wife wanted to go to a NYC steakhouse not Joseph's, you were in a hurry and had to wait a few minutes before being seated. I do think that you truly had a few issues beyond our control to make your evening enjoyable. But as far as your food if there was something that was not to your liking we would want to make it right before you leave. We cooked six or seven thousand steaks this year and I am sure a few did not go out perfect. But given the opportunity it would be perfect before the customer left my restaurant. Like I said to you before if we send out something not to your liking and did not correct it shame on us. If you did not tell your server or me and waited to get home to vent on your computer shame on you.
“If you want a real steak come here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We ate a this place after a business function. The staff was very friendly and was attentive to our needs. I ordered the NY strip and my girlfriend had the Chicken Marsala. The food was excellent. The steak was a true dry aged cut that had terrific flavor. It is very hard to find a steak like this in the Hudson Valley. The steak was similar to that of something you would find in NYC. The chicken was also good. We enjoyed out meal and were treated well. There were a few small things that kept me from a full 5 star rating but I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a good steak!

Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, the Aged NY Strip is also my favorite. We had a really busy day with Regional Chamber After Hours, so that might of have a bearing on the few things that did not make it five star visit. Hope to make it a five star on you next visit. Again Thank You, Joseph