“GREAT FOOD!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 845-473-2333
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 42 restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Transit: Dutchess
Description: Joseph's Steakhouse is located next to Val-Kill. Eleanor Roosevelt's National Site in Historic Hyde Park. Joseph Steakhouse was once part of Val-Kill and was called Val-Kill Station. Val-Kill Station from 1933 to 1949 servered as a Tea Room restaurant serving a Tea Luncheon to Royal families & travlers visting the Roosevelts. Besides our great steaks and seafood, Joseph Steakhouse still continues the tea luncheon tradition by reservation only in the tea room. Available daily for Groups of 25 or more.
Poughkeepsie, New York
“GREAT FOOD!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have to say that this place is great.... Food was amazing... Steaks were fresh, tasty and tender... I haven't had a steak like that in years.. You must go and visit!!

90% Recommend
Washington, D.C.
“Big City Style in Hyde Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Relying on trusty TripAdvisor, my husband and I made reservations prior to our visit to the Roosevelt home and library as well as the Vanderbilt Mansion and Val-Kill. The individual who took my reservation was so humorous and pleasant I had a good feeling before we ever got there. The restaurant is at a busy intersection and unprepossessing outside but nicely decorated inside, with rich dark colors and woods contrasting with big white tablecloths. Sinatra was quietly playing in the background - perfect. Tables for two are a good size unlike some restaurants that squeeze you into a two-top. We had an appetizer, salads, filet mignons and desserts and all of it absolutely could compete with a big city steakhouse or even surpass. The filet mignon was one of the best I've ever had and it was nice to be able to choose among steak sizes and prices that would fit an individual appetite or pocketbook. The service was a little disjointed at times - it took a long time to get menus and water, the salad arrived too close to the entree and most oddly we received a side dish we didn't actually order - but not enough to change my opinion that this is a don't-miss kind of place. Prices are not inexpensive for the area, but less than a city steakhouse. I did not realize the building was once owned by Mrs. Roosevelt; that certainly adds to the charm and appeal. I'd be happy to return to Hyde Park and to Joseph's.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Joseph's S, Owner at Joseph's Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for great review. I try to greet every customer and believe it or not I remember most guest by there review. I can tell you where you sat that night, the last table on the left in the front dinning room. I also brought you the side you did not ordered by mistake but chef got me another order for the right table. I glad you enjoyed your meal and the side of sautee spinach. Hope you return soon. Joseph
Michigan
“Excellent food, and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We almost missed this wonderful restaurant because Yelp only gave it two stars. Service was friendly and the food was fantastic. We have learned not to trust Yelp.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the nice comments and we are glad that you didn't trust Yelp also. I have a problem as a owner on the way Yelp handles their reviews. We have only 2 reviews posted on Yelp dated 12/11 & 2/12 and we have 40 reviews on Trip Advisor. We have 4 or 5 posted on Trip Advisor this month alone. I know Yelp has gotten a lot more than two reviews since we opened but they for some reason only posted two. Yelp also has nine reviews that they have filtered out so not to be view the public. I clicked on the filtered reviews and they are mostly 5 star but not posted. If they were to post we these reviews we would have a excellent rating with Yelp also Some say there are differant standards if you advertize with Yelp, I do know but I also do not have a high opinion of Yelp. My staff and I work very hard and try to give every customer the best dinning experience possible.
As for you waiting for a menu that is usely done by me but don't tell the boss. Sorry
Killarney Ireland
“Joseph' s Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Recently I was visiting the Roosevelt Estate in Hyde Park, New York. Since I am not familiar with any of the restaurants in this area I looked to Trip Advisor for guidance. I was in the mood for steak, I read the reviews, then headed to Joseph's Steak House.
Although the Black Angus Steaks are superb (each one is almost a "meal in itself"), there is a variety of other meats, poultry, seafood and side dishes which are also expertly prepared.
That night, my server was charming and attentive, and so were the hosts, Diane and Joe Wilson. Together they all made this dining experience a memorable one, and I am looking forward to returning to Joseph's Steak House for another scrumptious meal.

New Jersey
“Just Outstanding!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went with my wife this past Saturday for her birthday while visiting Hyde Park attractions. Owner greeted us at the door and everything just went perfect from there. My wife had the homemade lobster/shrimp ravioli with a light cream sauce and then angus prime rib. She said the prime rib was the best she ever had and we've traveled all over the country. i had the blackened black bass. Owner and waiter came by several times to make sure everything was ok. Not just ok, it was great .Can't go wrong here.!!!!!