“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vanderbilt Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Vanderbilt Motel
You added Vanderbilt Motel to your Saves list
2 Linden Lane, Hyde Park, NY 12538   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Souzas, SP, Brazil
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I arrived in Hyde Park from the north after driving all day from the Adirondaks, with a stop to see Martin Van Buren´s digs near Kinderhook. It was nearing darkness & I wanted to be sure to have a place to lay my head over part of this Columbus Day weekend.

I had seen Vanderbilt Motel while researching Hyde Park on the net. Therefore when I saw the sign, I pulled in to ask about a room. As I was alone, I was not picky.

For $75.00 I had a room on the back side of the motel away from busy Route 9. The clean room was spacious & served my purpose well. The microwave & small fridge came in handy. The hot water was sporadic & it took over an hour to have the Wi Fi working. It appears as if the owners do not depend upon transits as several room looked to be occupied by semi permanent residents and their families.

I was there 2 nights. The room was not made up but I obtained fresh towels from the cheery front desk staff. The money I saved by staying at this basic, no frills establishment allowed me to splurge on a nice dinner at the Culinary Institute of America.

If cost is a consideration, consider Vanderbilt Motel.

Room Tip: Be sure to have a room on the back side away from the highway.