“Surprisingly good pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went there due to a beer enthusiast in our group, and as I wasn't feeling "meaty" I had the pizza margarita, which was very good---not what I expected at a pub.

Oh, and the beer was good.

New York City, New York
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

An interesting location with delicious food and a friendly wait staff. We had young kids with us and the waitress was great with their requests, etc.

Pennsylvania
“Great Food, and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ate here while visiting the Roosevelt Home and Library. Great food. I had the Itza Schnitzel, recommended by our waitress, and was not disappointed. It was very good...I am still thinking about it a week later. My wife's salad was good; not stellar, or very good. I had two different of their brews and both were very nice. The service was very good; quick, polite and well-informed. If we find ourselves in this area again, we will definitely eat here again...Itza a given!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Good beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I happened upon this spot while traveling, while I was tired from driving several hours and very hungry. Was told that there would be about 20 minute wait - actual wait was over 45 minutes. The entire back room was closed for a private meeting, where some fracking company was trying to lure investors. Enough to kill anyone's appetite.
Food was average, beer was excellent, and my main complaint is that the WiFi was only a rumor - it did not actually work.
The Poughkeepsie area in general is NOT visitor friendly, so if I return, I will probably seek this place out again rather than drive aimlessly looking for something better.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“Good food, good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went here for dinner after visiting the Roosevelt's homes. There were 6 adults and 2 kids in high chairs. We went on a Tuesday around 5pm and there were others already seated and eating, but they accomodated our request to be put in the back with the fussy babies. The waitress was friendly though not as attentive as she could be. The food was good - we had pizza, burgers, schnitzel, and brats, and aside from one overdone burger, everyone was happy. We tried the flight of in house beers and they were good. I'd go back if we were in the area again.