“amazing” 5 of 5 stars

+1 845-871-6608
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
American Bounty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: With a focus on the seasons and products of the Hudson Valley, contemporary and traditional regional dishes are brought to life at the American Bounty Restaurant in an honest and flavorful way. Rounded out with a first-class American wine list and comfortable warm service, this casually elegant restaurant sets the stage for an unparalleled dining experience in New York's Hudson Valley.
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Love the CIA. Some of the best food and service we've ever gotten has been at the CIA. AMAZING.

Bayonne, New Jersey
“And students do the cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

A nice leisurely drive up to CIA or take the train for even a more relaxing day. The restaurnts are run by students at the direction of instructors. The service is attentive and the food is amazing good. You will delitefully surprised by how well it all is and for a meager amount compared to New York City restaurants offering similar fare. Just make a day of it, tours are also availabe.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Wonderful birthday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

For my 50th birthday my boyfriend took me to CIA for a special lunch on our way to the Berkshires(a little out of the way but so worth it). We chose this restaurant at the recommendation by my cousin, a 1987 graduate of the school. The atmosphere was beautiful , right on the Hudson River and we had a pleasant car ride to the school. We had the prixe fixe lunch special, which basically allowed you to choose any of the starters, entrees, and desserts offered for a 3 course meal. My boyfriend had the buttermilk fried oysters, scallop meal and bread pudding for his 3 courses and enjoyed every bite. I had the strawberry salad, braised short ribs and key lime semi frodo for my meal. Wow, every thing we tried was presented so elegantly and flavorful. My short ribs melted in your mouth and were presented with french fries that were dusted with parmesan and salt and were the best french fries I have ever eaten. My key lime dessert was HUGE, enough for 4 people in my opinion. I had asked for it to be wrapped but did not realize until we were several miles away, that they had forgotten to bring it back to the table. I tasted the bread pudding and it was tasty, only complaint was the heavy rum taste in the sauce it was covered in. My boyfriend had a cactus pear lemonade drink with free refills, quite refreshing and tasty. I had the drink of the day, a tangerine sour made with fresh squeezed tangerine juice, kettle one vodka and a touch of honey and seltzer I believe... quite yummy. My boyfriend did mention my birthday when we were seated, but I was not lucky enough to have the birthday message in chocolate on my plate as others did. The students were very friendly and eager to talk about their education and plans for the future, as all in the dining room were due to graduate in 3 weeks. I would highly recommend a trip to the CIA and would love to return for dinner next. My sister and I are already planning it. I should add, that my boyfriend was not keen on the idea of "a hoity toity lunch where he had to wear nice pants and a collared shirt(business casual is the dress code here)" but he admitted that he really enjoyed it all and is also looking forward to returning for dinner. We may try a new restaurant next time but would recommend American Bounty to anyone who asks..

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“What a great dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The CIA trains the world's greatest chefs, so to enjoy a meal prepared and served by the students- it's a very pleasurable experience!

Visited December 2011
Berlin, Connecticut
“Best meal I've had a long while”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I like me some expensive food, since it usually means it's quality, but down in New York City that doesn't always hold. For the price of a slightly expensive lunch, with a low automatic gratuity, I was treated to a delicious meal that I could tell was prepared with the utmost of care. I came on a Saturday without a reservation and just happened to arrive when someone canceled, so I didn't have any expectations and imagine you have to reserve well in advance. But fortune smiled upon me, and my tastebuds reaped the benefits. Seemed to me it was finals, because every student we encountered was just about shaking with nervousness, but the effect was endearing and the meal absolutely to die for. I think a visit to each of the CIA restaurants would be a trip unto itself. This is food that will slow you down and beg you to savor every bite. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2012