“Very nce for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Red Lion Hotel Grants
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 East Santa Fe Ave., Grants, NM 87020   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Grants
dallas pa
“Very nce for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Clean room . Great amenities. Just an all around good value . Free hot served breakfast
Bath was spotless. No stains. Beds very comfortable. Probably need new ths. But do have a great variety, plus hbo.

• Stayed April 2014
Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your feed back. We are glad you stayed. We look forward to many more visits in the future. We strive to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Santa Cruz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Nice, quiet and comfortable place to stay if your traveling on I-40 or in Grants, NM. They seem to be remodeling pool and area not in service 4/2014.
Breakfast very good with made to order eggs and very quick too. Friendly and helpful staff. Very welcoming place at a good price. Will stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you very much much for taking the time do review the Hotel. We are glad you had a Great Stay we Hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very friendly staff. Room was very clean and comfortable. Mini fridge was great to have. Free hot breakfast for the whole family was delicious. Our server was sweet and very attentive. I will definitely stay there again if I am passing through!

Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We here at Red Lion Grants strive for great customer service it is Great to know we delivered it! Thank you for Staying we hope to see you again soon!
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We drove through the area and needed a place en route. We chose the Red Lion as we had a small dog. There was availability and I had an AAA discount. However, the room and halls were very musty smelling. The concierge suggested not parking in the back because of safety. Not sure this hotel is up to Red Lion standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
First off all Thank you for the feedback. I am disappointed that you were not Happy with your stay. We are not far from the interstate and sometimes we get people walking thru the area so we advise people to park in front of the Hotel. I do hope you will return. Thank you from our staff at Red Lion Grants.

Travelers are raving about these Grants hotels

Aztec, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The only hotels we stay in are Red Lion because we have a dog and they serve breakfast. This Red Lion has taken on more from the hotels previous occupant I might say. The rooms are not up to the Red Lion standards but I can see they are working on that. The room was comfortable enough but the decor, TV, beds are not what we are use to, it is a little run down and the bathroom needs some work especially the toilet which took 15 minutes to fill up. The building is outdated but hopefully Red Lion can rectify this in the future. As for personnel; the check-in was seamless; front desk clerk very friendly and informative. The breakfast was fantastic and our server was outstanding. As far as staff were concerned they are what I expect from a Red Lion crew. I should note the pool was down, but I don't normally use it anyways. I know what a 5 star Red Lion is like and with some improvements this one could get there, but it will take some time.

Room Tip: Best to call the hotel directly if you can to make your reservations.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We work everyday to maintain our Hotel. I am so Glad that stayed with us we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again from the Staff here at Red Lion Hotel Grants.
Grants
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Reserved a room for 9 days and got 3 days into our stay when we were informed the pool would be shut down for a few weeks. That resulted in some very unhappy little kids and a hotel change. It's unfortunate but I understand that sometimes problems occur. The waitress during breakfast seemed a bit "bothered" all the time, but overall our room was comfortable and the price was great!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I am do apoligize for your stay being interupted.
We want our guest to be comfartable and safe so pool maint. is a must. I have addressed your issue with the feeling of being a bother. That is not the case at all I hope you choose to return and Not have any interuptions with your stay. We are glad you Stayed and Hope to see you again. Thank you for your feedback.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I needed to add a day to my stay at Red Lion and called a couple days in advance and the individual added my second day quickly. However, I then needed a third day added, but when I called, a different individual told me I'd booked through Expedia and would need to call them. I explained I had just added a day by calling the hotel the previous day - which she acknowledged had been added - but she still insisted I had to call Expedia. Okay, not that big a deal, 20 minutes on the phone with Expedia and someone I could barely understand, third night got booked.
When I arrived, I barely received a "hello," was handed my room key, and more or less dismissed.
My biggest complaint is the virtually non-existent internet. I travel a lot and have real need of internet access when in a hotel. The Red Lion advertises WIFI service, but the reception is so poor, most pages won't load at all. When I went back to the desk, the woman told me there was no supervisor onsite or anyone else, and had no idea how to reset the router.
Next day, I managed to get the the desk person to reset the router, with minimal improvement in internet functionality.
The room is fine, large and comfortable, but the TV is from the 90's.
My suggestion would be to spend a few more bucks at the Holiday Inn across the street (which I'd done previously, but opted to save a bit this time). Great service, great room, large flatscreen, and fully functioning high-speed internet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
I do apoligize for your issues. I did addres the issues as well . We are working on internet access. The 3rd party booking should have been explained better to you. I do hope that you will return and give us another chance to improve your stay.
Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Grants? Share your experiences!