“Worth considering.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Baton Rouge, LA
“Worth considering.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Located right on Highway 30, near the first day's fighting where Reynolds fell and he and Buford are honored with statues (and yes, where Lee established his headquarters). Near town, but much quieter than any property in town. This is a good choice if you want a quiet and convenient property that's a motel rather than a B & B. The accommodations are what one would expect from a Quality Inn. As a bonus, you get free admission to an interesting little exhibit in the building Lee actually used.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel 5 times and never had a bad experience. The rooms are always clean and tidy. We have stayed in a few different types of rooms, and they are all of high quality. The continental breakfasts are delicious! The staff are always helpful and friendly. It is so close to everything you want to do in Gettysburg. The pool is great for relaxing. And the Appalachian Brewery has wonderful food and beer. We have stayed there 5 times and would not stay anywhere else.

Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

One of the first motels in Gettysburg (no General Lee did not stay here!), the rooms are small, but well maintained. The bathroom appears to have recently been remodeled, but the bedroom needs some work. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows and sheets were of a higher thread count. The room had a musty smell which was difficult to eliminate. They serve a very nice continental breakfast. You park directly in front of your room. The motel is on the West edge of town (very near the first day of battle), but you need a car to get to downtown and the battlefied. For a nice lunch, go to Cashtown (8 miles West) and eat at the Cashtown Inn. Great food and the historic bulding is from the late 1700's and they have a painting of General Lee and his troops in front of the Inn!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

This property is on the outskirts of town facing the battlefield. The pool is in the center of the property surrounded by the parking areas. You are assigned a parking space with your room number so if you return later in the day or night you are parked by your room. There are train tracks behind the property but in the 4 nights I stayed there I never heard a train go thru. Property is well kept and staff very pleasant. The only problem I had was I took a bus trip to DC (Dayton Tours wonderful) they picked me up at 5:45am at the motel and returned me to the motel that night) and my room was not cleaned that day. I assume the cleaning lady saw my car in the space and thought I was staying in but I did leave the clean my room thingy in the door. I was too tired when I got back to call for service I just hit the bed and went to sleep. The lack of a fridge in the room was the only other thing that was an annoyance. The room was a good size, clean, nice TV, beds comfortable and the area was quiet. I did not hear any road noise as the rooms are set back from busy Rte 30. I would stay there again YES. The museum on the property was small but free with room and very interesting, They actually have a wooden grave marker used on the battlefield right after the conflict and not many of these still exist. The gift shop in the museum had a very nice selection of books and I did buy a few. ABC Brewing is also on the property. Had lunch there, good prices good food and wonderful beer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I had some misgivings about booking at this hotel because I'm not a fan of a 'motor inn' sort of place. My misgivings were totally unfounded.

This is an older property, but the check-in staff was wonderful. Carolyn was very friendly and after the check-in business, gave us a lot of information which was very helpful to us over the next few days. This was our first visit to Gettysburg and she provided us with recommendations on good restaurants and how to avoid the construction in downtown Gettysburg.

Our room and bathroom were very spacious and everything was in order. The free internet worked without one problem and every space was immaculate. The only complaint is that, while scrupulously clean and soft, the bottom sheet tended to creep up during the night, so we woke up in a welter of sheets. Is this a complaint? If so, it is absolutely the only one.

My husband enjoyed the Appalachian Brewing Company next door as he is a beer aficionando. The wine selections are not so great, but, hey, it's a beer place.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Gettysburg area. The breakfast is acceptable (but we are not big breakfast people) and the location is superb. The customer service is outstanding and except for the sheet thing, our stay could not have been more comfortable.

We would definitely stay here again.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Nice place, older, but obvious that they work hard at keeping it fresh and clean. Kids loved the pool. Location is great. Excellent breakfast

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Clio, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The service was top notch from the moment we arrived. We were warmly greeted, and was told what the hotel had to offer. Our room was great. It had a lot of charm and was The lite breakfast was just right to start the day. The view of the battlefield was fantastic. The brewing company on premises was great for a quick lunch or dinner. I could not think of anything I did not like about the hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters? Share your experiences!