“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Buford Avenue, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This property is clean comfortable and in a good location.
The staff are very helpful.
With free internet and breakfast it's good value, my only negative would be that the beds are small and that the bathrooms tiles are very slippery so for an older couple this would be an issue.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A friend and I stayed there while visiting the battlefield. (couple of old guys who like history) We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy but we didn't expect that. It's a great location with history right outside your door. From there I could see places where some of my ancestors had been in battle. The staff was nice and the breakfast was good. I would go back. By the way, we got a tour guide at the visitors center and he was worth every cent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hotel was somehow given Choice Hotels Platinum award but after staying here in a standard room my guess is they only took into consideration a suite or two. The furnishings were wore out, bed was uncomfortable and the room we stayed in didn't have any liners on the curtains so it was very bright. That is until I told the lady at the front desk, she supplied me with 2 sheets to hang on the windows!! I'm serious! After looking at the curtains some more you could see where someone had cut the liners off. Really weird! Breakfast was fair and staff was friendly, but room was a dump for the price paid.

• Stayed October 2013
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We pulled up in front of this quaint and charming motel and I instantly had deja'vu. I had stayed here many, MANY moons ago as a kid. What a coincidence that I selected (unbeknownst to me) the same motel in our visit to Gettysburg! It was a hoot and the motel was way better than I remembered. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the bathrooms have been completely updated from my first visit way back when. I usually prefer a modern decor however I found the decor at general Lee's to be perfect for the location (which is right across from one of the battlefields) and town. The staff is super-friendly and the complimentary breakfast was a great way to start our day (and the beds were comfy) We will be back and this time, it won't be as long between visits!!

Room Tip: Be sure to visit the little museum in the gift shop on the grounds.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Lancaster, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have traveled and stayed in many hotels during my career. I have to say that this trip was the most enjoyable. I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was to stay at General Lee's Headquarters. The staff, the cleanleness of the rooms, the courtesy entended to us was overwhelming !!!!!!!!! I plan on returning to Gettysburg in the spring and will most definately stay there again. I would highly recommend to all my friends to stay at this hotel. I guarantee you will be completly satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been staying here for over 26 years, four to five times a year. The rooms are cozy, clean and safe and the staff go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. It sits right of the First Day of the Battlefield and was Lee's Headquarters.

Room Tip: Call early as these rooms do sell out fast.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I took my family to Gettysburg for my husbands 60th birthday and it could not have been a better time. My husband and I stay at General Lee's when ever possible. We stay at least 3 times a year. It was always nice, now they have a new manager (Lewis), I would recommend his place to everyone. The staff is great and they go beyond helpful. The battlefield was closed when we were there but Lewis was great in his ideas to keep the grand kids happy and busy along with the adults too. We will be back, thank you Lewis!

Room Tip: If you have 2 couples or 4 people or more try the Inn at Seminary Ridge or the Buford Suite across t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family