We loved our visit to this hotel. Everything was so wonderful it's difficult to know where to begin. The location was perfect - historic, beautiful views of the National Military park, and close to town while just outside the noise and traffic. The staff were friendly and eager to help. Our family scheduled this vacation to join up with friends who had flown cross country, and the hotel staff arranged adjacent rooms for us. The staff also offered suggestions for touring and dining, helped make reservations for us, and were as helpful as could be. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and charming. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning our rooms each day. There were ample choices for breakfast, and everything was tasty. The adjacent Appalachian Brewing Company offered convenient dining after our arrival and a long day of driving. Onsite the museum of Lee's Headquarters was well-done and impressive for such a small space. As an added bonus, I was surprised to learn the home has deeper historic roots -- it was at one time owned by Thaddeus Stevens. All in all, the hotel was such a gem, I would welcome a return visit to Gettysburg with an opportunity to stay once again at this Quality Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn At General Lee`s Headquarters Hotel Gettysburg
- Quality Inn At General Lee`s Headquarters Hotel
- Quality Inn Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Quality Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Heart of the Battlefield, Quality Inn at General Lee’s Headquarters is a Platium award winning Choice Hotels property. Our Inn is perfectly located on historic Seminary Ridge overlooking the Gettysburg Battlefield, the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary and Gettysburg College.Our Hotel also features General Lee’s Headquarters Museum which is complimentary for our Hotel guests. General Lee’s Headquarters Museum is Gettysburg’s oldest museum and contains one the finest private Civil War artifact collections. We blend the feeling of the Civil War experience with 21st century conveniences at Quality Inn at General Lee’s Headquarters. Quality Inn at General Lee’s Headquarters is the only hotel in Gettysburg that offers suites in Civil War era buildings. In Addition, we offer suites with multiple bedrooms and full kitchens for extended stays. Our Appalachian Micro Brewery and Restaurant is conveniently located on site for signature food and spirits. We also offer a Banquet/Meeting Room for up to 50 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Fareportal , Tingo and Otel so you can book your Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.