“Great for families” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Gladwyne
“Great for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We are from the Phila area (Lower Merion.) This hotel was perfect for our family of five, very clean and across the street from one of the battlefield fields and a five minute drive to downtown Gettysburg. Don't be fooled by the downtown locations, this is the "perfect" place to stay to tour everything in Gettysburg. Very friendly staff. Rooms are much larger than most hotels, breakfast was decent.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel while doing some business at the Gettysburg Seminary. I had a queen bed room, which was very roomy. The bed was comfortable, bathroom a good size, and the room in general was clean. There was a very nice wall mounted TV and free wireless internet. The free breakfast included cereal, pastries, muffins, eggs and sausage, as well as juices and coffee. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Located right next to Appalachian Brewing Company, and close to battlefield.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
GLEN BURNIE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We recently stayed at this inn for our anniversary in January 2012. This is an old refurbished motel and has a colonial feel. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable and they give you plenty of pillows. The bathroom was clean and functional -- nothing fancy. We enjoyed visiting the Apalachian Brewing Company which was just a short walk from our room. Our room had a great view of the battlefield. The breakfast was very nice with a wide variety. The office staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the battlefield if possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed at this inn again after enjoying our first stay. The inn and the management are first class !!! It was interesting to read about what happened on and around the grounds during the Battle !!! We are planning our next stay for this July !!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here while returning our student to college. We ended up booking an extra night to outrun the inclement weather which was headed our way. We checked in on a Friday evening and Jean at the front desk was very warm and welcoming! The reception area was nicely kept, so my first impression was good, as was my first impression of our room. However, there were a few things that were not so impressive. The bed linens and carpet in the room were clean and the room, itself, smelled good. The bathroom was another story! The sink had some odd black specks in it and a few black spots. When I wiped them with some toilet paper, they came off, so I do not understand why the sink itself was not properly cleaned. But the thing which was most odd was the bathroom floor. I stepped in to put my toiletries on the sink and my shoes stuck! Ok, maybe it was my shoes. Later, I stepped in with my bare feet and they stuck as well. Plus, whatever was sticky on the floor was black and stuck to my feet. Since the tile had black grout, I will assume they recently grouted the floor and didn't clean it up well?!? The housekeeper did clean up the floor the next day, but it was still a bit sticky. The tub also could have used a good scrubbing. Although not a problem, the showerhead was low. I am 5'7" and I conked my head on the shower. The water pressure was good, however and the water stayed warm. This is not a bad place at all and I would probably give it a try again. I would just hope the bathroom cleanliness would be improved. I should also give a mention to the nice gentleman who was clearing the sidewalks and parking lot. He did clear the snow from the sidewalk and made a path in the snow to my truck. Thank you very much to him, as I appreciated his kindness!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Great hotel - bluegrass band was playing in the parking lot when we pulled up. So fun. But quiet inside and vending machines for us late night arrivals. Great breakfast buffet in the morning. Nice location -- just outside of downtown in the middle of fields. Lovely. Would definitely stay there again. Already looking to re-book!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Simsbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed at this motel in November 2011, and for someone who loves the battlefield like I do the location is awesome. You are literally right across the street from and next to Robert E. Lee's Headquarters site, not to mention McPhearson's Ridge, and the Railway cut, west about a 1/2 mile away. You can walk from the motel to the battlefield and beyond to your heart's content.

The motel is very clean and pleasant, with a free breakfast in the morning which is good. The staff is very helpful about touring the battlefield, about places to eat, and to shop in town. The visitor center for the battlefield is only about a mile away.

Stay here if you are going to stay in Gettyburg. At about $70.00 a night, it is a great value. I'll be staying here again when I go back to Gettysburg in March.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo