Let me say first off that I wanted to keep within a certain budget when I planned our trip to Gettysburg and while there are lots of old hotels and cozy B&Bs, they were all charging more than I wanted to pay.
I wasn't looking for a hotel that had 5-star accomodations, I just wanted something locted close to the battlefield that was clean and had a clean and relatively comfortable bed. This hotel served those purposes quite well. It is very close to the battlefield and you can walk to a number of different places.
Our room was clean and has a clean bathroom with towels and a hairdryer. It also had a small fridge. We used the free wireless Internet connection with no problem although you do need a password that you can get from the front office.
The "free continental breakfast" was not fancy. It consists of juice, coffee, bagels, fruit and a few other odds and ends, but the place it is served is pretty clean and they were well stocked with food items.
We only ever planned to use the hotel as a place to sleep at night so why pay a lot of money for a place when we always planned on spending the majority of our time out exploring the battlefield and the city. This was a good price and I feel we got our money's worth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn is centrally located in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. We are a 100 percent smoke free two-story hotel with both interior and exterior corridor guest rooms. Our 76 clean and comfortable guest rooms are fully equipped with hi-speed wireless Internet access, satellite TV, irons, ironing boards, complimentary local calls, and wake-up service. Start your day right with our delicious complimentary deluxe continental breakfast served fresh daily from 6am - 10am. Relax by our seasonal outdoor pool and year round indoor hot tub. Our hotel also offers ice machines, vending machines, and complimentary daily USA Today newspapers. For added convenience, our friendly and helpful staff is available around the clock to assist you. Gettysburg is America's most famous small town. The three day Battle of Gettysburg in 1863 involved 170,000 Americans. Today the land is a 6,000 acre National Park with over 1,300 monuments along 32 scenic miles. From Americas Best Value Inn - Gettysburg, you can walk to parks, museums and over a dozen restaurants. Must-see attractions in the area include the Civil War Museum, the Eisenhower Tour, Gettysburg Battlefield. Gettysburg is more than just a historic battlefield. The town is surrounded by quaint, picturesque farmlands which create a peaceful and relaxing retreat. Explore Gettysburg and then take some day trips to Baltimore, Lancaster, Hershey, and Washington DC. Let Americas Best Value Inn - Gettysburg be your peaceful retreat the next time you visit our historic town. We offer comfortable accommodations, affordable rates, and excellent guest service. We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Gettysburg
- Americas Best Value Inn Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Americas Best Value Inn