“Pet friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Best Inn Gettysburg)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Bangor, Maine
“Pet friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Saw this hotel on bringfido.com. Traveling with old handicapped pet. This place was great. Lots of places to walk dog, great location and covered parking!! It was raining when we checked in and it was wonderful to bring things in without getting wet. Room was clean and staff was very nice. Love the retro decor. Just needs a little sprucing up.

Room Tip: Get the ground floor with the covered parking. You have a huge space all to yourself. Rooms have fro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Laura W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you! We welcome pets and don't charge a pet fee or deposit like so many other hotels do. Our covered parking is very popular with our repeat guests. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I checked in August 17 with plans to stay in the area someplace depending on availability and price, along with being clean. We were planning to stay until 8/27. For price vs. cleanliness and amenities and location I think we got a fair price at the time. The fireworks started when I for sure wanted to stay longer and learned real fast the price was going up about $20 per night or more. And I would have to change rooms. I asked. "could I pay more to keep my same room and was told no then perhaps but not a yes. I said I had some credits with Hotels.com and was told I would have to change rooms. People, if use an agency like Hotels.com you get a lesser room. I asked to speak to the manager and the young lady smiled at me and said "I am the owner's daughter". I did speak to the owner and he agreed with how I felt and what was right. I was quoted a rate and thought the rate was good until I left. I paid the same as Hotels.com charges considering the 10 nights and free room. No way was this room worth more. It is dirty and I have attached pictures. My gray socks "not pictured" did not come clean so the rugs have very old dirty, oily dirt in them. I even used a high quality stain lifter. There is mold in the bathroom. This is a 2 star motel and needs cleaning and updating for long terms stays. We stayed 10 nights. With Hotels.com I would have paid $85 ( 10 nights) with one free or $765. That is real close to what I will pay . I have rented a lot of rooms and will and have a good feel what they are worth. If I am going to pay $100 then I demand clean socks...no debate!!! I am confused why this room is worth more than the others above. me This place was not full and for sure the lower rooms were not 100% filled 100% of the time as we checked cars. I had an Extended Stay in Seattle for $70 and it was 1/2 the dirt on the socks and a full, mini kitchen!! My sock test from now on is the "WHITE SOCK TEST"

Aside from the hassle at the hotel desk, the visit to Gettysburg was a wonderful experience. If you stay here, ask if they cleaned the rugs, from now on I bring some clean runners if we drive.
The staff who cares for the rooms does a great job. This is no reflection on them. When I owned a rather large business, I made sure customer areas were clean beyond expectations.

Room Tip: Be carful when you use agencies to rent rooms. Put in writing what you expect and if they keep your...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. When we originally booked your stay we gave you 20% off the normal rate. You signed the acknowledgment for the total balance of your 5 nights, and this reflected the rate increase on Friday night. Like any hotel, airline, etc… room rates vary and fluctuate by day. When you asked me about extending your stay, I offered to keep you at the same 20% off rate, but the Saturday night rate would be the same rate as the Friday night rate. In most hotels, weekend rates are higher than weekday rates.

You also asked me about using Hotels.com credits, and I told you it was possible to use your credits, but you would have to book through Hotels.com. I told you this transition would be seamless to you and once you made your reservation through Hotels.com all you would have to do would come down to the front desk to have your keys remade so they didn’t expire on you. I explained to make sure to book the first floor room rate because you were currently staying on the first floor, and this would ensure you wouldn't have to change rooms. Our first floor rooms are $10 more per night than the second floor rooms, and this is because of the microwave and refrigerator in the first floor rooms.

Since neither of these options was satisfactory to you, the owner did override the system to keep you in the room for the duration of your stay at the weekday rate. You were very pleased at the time, and we thought we had satisfied you.

When you compare room rates please make sure you are comparing similar types of rooms. If you compare rooms that have different rates it’s obviously not a true comparison. I also always recommend guests call the hotel directly for their reservations versus going through a third party site. Guests will almost always get a better deal, and ensure they are receiving the room they are requesting.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Greenville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The inn is older, but our room was very clean and our bed very comfortable. Our room overlooked the pool, with a little patio and chairs to enjoy a glass of wine, or cup of coffee. Breakfast was good and the location can't be beat. The staff, particularly Sandy, at the front desk, was so helpful and friendly. We felt very safe in this quiet environment, something that is of prime importance when traveling. We don't travel without our little dog, Duffy, and not only was he welcome, Sandy chose a room with access to plenty of grass for him! The price was right, our stay was very pleasant. Will we stay here next time? You bet!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much! I'm glad you (and Duffy) enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Its decore was the '60's, which was nostalgic. Everywhere you looked was very clean. Everyone there was friendly and very helpful. The continental breakfast was more than enough to start your day. They really aim to please. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: we had first floor accommodations and we got to park under a carport.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much! Hope to see you again soon!
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Whenever we visit Gettysburg, PA, we stay at this hotel. It is clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and the location is convenient. The pool is very nice. The free wifi works really good.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple, the poolside room is a good choice. It is close to the pool, offi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your continued loyalty and your kind words!
Belpre, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Inn has very clean rooms, a very nice pool and hot tub.Has a very nice variety of breakfast foods.If we come back I would stay here again. I think this is better than the hotels in the whole Gettysburg PA area

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much! Hope you are able to return back to us soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nothing fancy..our room was spacious and clean. Staff were friendly - great value- first floor is best with dogs... Pool was clean and the private hot tub (you get a key from front desk) appeared to be newer and well maintained. Breakfast is basic but good- pastries, bread, oatmeal, fruit, juice, milk, good coffee. We will return

Stayed August 2014
Laura W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you- your review says it all! See you next time!

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!