We found the America's Best Value Inn to work well for our needs and budget. I will tell you that I found you can get get a better rate if you join their free membership. I booked a three night stay over Labor Day weekend that fell into our anniversary weekend. We have been to Gburg before, our honeymoon and several times with our children growning up. Yes it is older, dated, retro, but it was clean. But it seems to be the "feel" at that end of town. Check out Perkins, McD's and they are all kind of retro. Go with it, have fun, things were simpler then! The hotel is between the Civil War Wax Museum and McD's. Encampments are usually on the museum lawn. We were on the second floor double, back of the building with a balcony facing the residential street. This is a pet friendly hotel and I did have concerns that they would be an issue. We did not hear them while we were sleeping and that was my main concern. We arrived before noon, hoping to be able to at least sort of check in. Could not upgrade (part of the membership benefits if available) due to the way rooms were booked for the holiday weekend. But the room was ready so we went up and unpacked. Check in was quick and staff seemed nice.
We booked the room based on our budget. It was clean, tv's are older, our reception wasn't all that good but we only turned it on for weather info for the most part. We used some of the pillows on the other bed, opted not to have full maid service the first day but she did switch out towels for us and we had plenty. We were able to park across from our room/balcony, it wasn't a big deal to do the steps to the second floor. The one thing that was a bit bothersome were the lights above the beds. it kind of seemed like maybe there should of been a queen bed in between and the lights on either side. If you wanted to read, be propped up watching tv you could easily bump your head. The bed was comfortable, we were able to regulate the AC to our liking, shower worked well and we had plenty of hot water. The do have a full bathroom and a small sink is also on the outside of the bathroom. I feel this is a bonus when you have a couple of people trying to shower, shave, do hair what ever. Only draw back was it was right by the door.
The pool area looked nice but we did not use it. Hot tub was also available but you had to request the key at the front desk~we did not use it either. We were busy doing the sights. Breakfast was till 10AM, most are done by 9 AM. It was the basic contenential, cereals, english muffins, bread, bagels, danish, blue berry muffins, 2 juices, hot beverages, apples and banana's. It was enough to get the day started. And with all the little places along the way, you could take advantage of trying some fries or something along the way for a snack. We did breakfast there two of the mornings. Your room card/key also offered 20% off a dessert at Gettysburg Eddie's which was very good too.
We were not in our room all that much. Most evenings we were back after 9:30 or later for showers and chilling for a bit. Out by 9AM to do what we came to do. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. It met all of our needs, our budget and our few concerns were not an issue. I imagine all hotels have some rooms that are not quiet as nice, people smoke in them and they were not suppose to. It is a chance you take anywhere you go. But we booked a three night stay over a holiday weekend for $292.35. As long as it is clean and comfortable, why throw bigger bucks away if you are not going to be there all that much? I would stay there again but would probably book a first floor room with the fridge. We didn't use the balcony, thought maybe we would sit out for a bit in the evening. All we were keeping cold were water bottles and throwing a bucket of ice in the cooler once a day worked for this stay. I had reservations at another hotel in the area but I was glad I researched and changed our reservations to the ABV. It met our needs and helped our budget so we could take advantage of staying an extra day, do a few more attractions. As always, it depends what you are looking for, what your needs are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn is centrally located in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. We are a 100 percent smoke free two-story hotel with both interior and exterior corridor guest rooms. Our 76 clean and comfortable guest rooms are fully equipped with hi-speed wireless Internet access, satellite TV, irons, ironing boards, complimentary local calls, and wake-up service. Start your day right with our delicious complimentary deluxe continental breakfast served fresh daily from 6am - 10am. Relax by our seasonal outdoor pool and year round indoor hot tub. Our hotel also offers ice machines, vending machines, and complimentary daily USA Today newspapers. For added convenience, our friendly and helpful staff is available around the clock to assist you. Gettysburg is America's most famous small town. The three day Battle of Gettysburg in 1863 involved 170,000 Americans. Today the land is a 6,000 acre National Park with over 1,300 monuments along 32 scenic miles. From Americas Best Value Inn - Gettysburg, you can walk to parks, museums and over a dozen restaurants. Must-see attractions in the area include the Civil War Museum, the Eisenhower Tour, Gettysburg Battlefield. Gettysburg is more than just a historic battlefield. The town is surrounded by quaint, picturesque farmlands which create a peaceful and relaxing retreat. Explore Gettysburg and then take some day trips to Baltimore, Lancaster, Hershey, and Washington DC. Let Americas Best Value Inn - Gettysburg be your peaceful retreat the next time you visit our historic town. We offer comfortable accommodations, affordable rates, and excellent guest service. We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Gettysburg
- Americas Best Value Inn Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Americas Best Value Inn