If you know Gettysburg you'll remember the Howard Johnson's right on Steinwehr Ave in the heart of the town's cheesy tourist retail center. HoJos went under years ago and now this old dinosaur is one of the America's Best Value Inns. This is the low end of the food chain for Gettysburg hotels but if saving money is your thing, this might be a good option for you. You get what you pay for here: a trip into a wonderful 1950s motel that has had adequate upgrades to bring it into the 21st century. The rooms are worn but not worn out; the TVs are old but work; the heaters are original but function; bathrooms have received some upgrades but still resemble the original; the breakfast room is nostalgic and the food almost as old--but edible. You get the picture. Hotel prices in season can be high in G'burg and of the ten or twelve budget options in town, this one is well located and adequate. Compare with the nearby Travellodge or Budget Host--both similarly well located--to see where you get the best deal. Your next step down is the mom-and-pops on the outskirts of town. Next step up is the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn is centrally located in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. We are a 100 percent smoke free two-story hotel with both interior and exterior corridor guest rooms. Our 76 clean and comfortable guest rooms are fully equipped with hi-speed wireless Internet access, satellite TV, irons, ironing boards, complimentary local calls, and wake-up service. Start your day right with our delicious complimentary deluxe continental breakfast served fresh daily from 6am - 10am. Relax by our seasonal outdoor pool and year round indoor hot tub. Our hotel also offers ice machines, vending machines, and complimentary daily USA Today newspapers. For added convenience, our friendly and helpful staff is available around the clock to assist you. Gettysburg is America's most famous small town. The three day Battle of Gettysburg in 1863 involved 170,000 Americans. Today the land is a 6,000 acre National Park with over 1,300 monuments along 32 scenic miles. From Americas Best Value Inn - Gettysburg, you can walk to parks, museums and over a dozen restaurants. Must-see attractions in the area include the Civil War Museum, the Eisenhower Tour, Gettysburg Battlefield. Gettysburg is more than just a historic battlefield. The town is surrounded by quaint, picturesque farmlands which create a peaceful and relaxing retreat. Explore Gettysburg and then take some day trips to Baltimore, Lancaster, Hershey, and Washington DC. Let Americas Best Value Inn - Gettysburg be your peaceful retreat the next time you visit our historic town. We offer comfortable accommodations, affordable rates, and excellent guest service. We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Gettysburg
- Americas Best Value Inn Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Americas Best Value Inn