“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Best Inn Gettysburg)   |
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Cambridge, Maryland
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We were passing through town on our way home and decided to stay. We had no reservation, walked in and got a good price and clean room, within walking distance to downtown and all it has to offer. We'll stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
QI-GML, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion!

Thank you!
Americas Best Value Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We've been going to Gettysburg for years and used to camp there. Our daughter is in school at Gettysburg College and since we don't camp anymore we needed a reasonable hotel that allows dogs and we found it at America's Best! The rooms are very nice, the location is within walking distance of many things and the battlefield and the staff is very friendly-wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
QI-GML, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Glad to hear you have graduated from campgrounds to hotels. Thank you for your kind words.

Americas Best Value Inn - Gettysburg, PA
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This Inn was really good! The check in staff were friendly and welcoming and a good source of information. Our room was in the middle little block - now don't let appearances put you off here. The outside is tired but our room was fantastic. Big King bed which was extremely comfortable. The room was clean and smelt really good - no stale smoke smells so a big thumbs up for that.

There is a fridge and microwave but no coffee making facilities but with a microwave you have hot water so not a big issue. The bathroom was spotless and the furniture was good. Nothing to complain about here and its location makes it a perfect place for access to the Memorials.

The price also was one of the lowest we have had at $52 (approx) incl tax. That is a deal maker for us! Also we thought we were having problems with the heating and the staff again couldn't have been more helpful even sending over a young man to assist. In fact there was nothing wrong - we were just a bit silly. Great service though!

Room Tip: Do not judge a book by its cover - the rooms in the middle block were fantastic with no noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
QI-GML, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Congratulations for being the newest member of our fan club. Thank you for your kind posting.

Thank you!
Managemnet Team
Americas Best Value Inn Gettysburg
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We recently stayed 4 nites at Americas Best Value Inn, during Remembrance Day week/weekend and found this dog/pet friendly motel to be a true hidden Gem in Gettysburg. While it is an older property, the rooms and facilities are well maintained. Our large room had a King size bed, microwave, mini-fridge and plenty of outlets for our laptop and cellphones. Wireless Internet service was outstanding. All the staff were very friendly, polite and very helpful, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. There was a free continental breakfast every morning along with fresh juice and coffee. Each morning there was a free local newspaper in the lobby for motel guests to take! Walking distance to most everything...A very, very pleasant stay at a motel managed/run the RIGHT way! We (as well as friends who also stayed there) already have made reservations for return trips in the future....Overall Rating~ Very Good!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
QI-GML, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
We are not the newest nor the fanciest hotel in Gettysburg. We get a lot of repeat business because people who have been to Gettysburg before have found we are clean, reasonably priced, friendly and have a location that cant be beaten. Thank you for your comment. We will be pleased to see you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

Visited gettysburg many of times and like to stay at different places each time I'm there. Staying here won't disappoint you. Ya there are fancier places to stay at in town but are more money also. This inn is a great place to stay at if your looking for a nice clean hotel that won't drain your wallet when you check in. I do agree with other reviews that the walls are a little thin but its not that bad to keep me from staying here again. You shouldn't be in the hotel room anyways cause there is to much to see in and around town. Great for what I needed it for, shelter to sleep. Plus great location. Recommend to all

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. They are appreciated in many ways!
Linden, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

After reading other reviews, both negative and positive, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I found the staff to be helpful and polite and the room spotless. I visit this city at least once a year and have stayed at other places and found, especially for the money, the motel to be the best. I have no doubt that the next time I am in the area, this is where I will be staying!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your positive comment. We will be happy to see you in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My stay stared off with toenails on the floor of my room and a USED bottle of shampoo in the bathroom. After I left a note for maid service the toenails were swept and a fresh unopened bottle of shampoo was left. I stayed for three nights and the "breakfast lady" was very unfriendly each morning. I had food taken out of my ref rig and thrown away. I spoke to desk clerk and manager (Paul) and was told I should have left my vehicle parked in space OR do not disturb sign on door to prevent my room being cleaned and food thrown away BEFORE I checked out. The room was paid for until 12PM but my food was thrown prior to that ... it was my fault because I went to meet family and my motorcycle was not in parking space. Maybe because I was traveling by bike I was treated so poorly but I'll never stay here again and I wil tell anybody that will listen not to stay here. Lots of hotels/motels/BB in area, they got the last of my money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
QI-GML, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
As my discussion with you earlier I apologized for the nail clippings on the floor and the used bottle of shampoo. This should not have happened but these are things the housekeeper could easily miss.
Why would we treat you poorly because you were on a motorcycle when for several years we are filled with motorcyclists during the Harley Bike Weekend in July and they almost have us filled for that weekend in 2012? They love us.
The housekeeper, seeing none of your possessions in your room, cleaned it and threw away the piece of chicken that was left in the refrigerator. You neglect to mention you were compensated $10.00 for the piece of chicken that was disposed of. She did not eat it as you accused her.
The next time you are in Gettysburg, give me a call and I will give you a list of hotels in town.

General Manager/Owner
Gettysburg, PA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!