“Good value hotel in great location!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Best Inn Gettysburg)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reading
“Good value hotel in great location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed at the Value Inn for two nights. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The property was average, needing some updates. The air conditioning unit did not work...but we ended up being comfortable without it. A simple continental breakfast was available in a quaint sitting room w/fireplace. The room had a balcony, but we found cigarette butts laying around the area...our room was nonsmoking...
All in all I feel this is a good value. You are close to all of the shops and museums of Gettysburg, and we walked across the street, up a hill to view the National Cemetery and famed Cemetery Hill.
If you don't care about elegance, but are looking for value and a great location, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Elizabeth, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for one Saturday night on our way to D.C. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. The location is unmatched with it directly across the street from the old visitor's center, national cemetery and only a short walk to the "high water' mark of the confederacy (Pickett's charge). We paid $50 for the night and I believe it was well worth the money. The motel is newly remodeled and the smell of new carpet is found throughout the lobby and rooms. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean. The continental breakfast was good. I would suggest asking for a room on the 2nd floor if possible due to the rooms on that floor being only accessed from an interior hallway. The 1st floor rooms are drive up motel type rooms. For the person/family who is interested in a basic, clean hotel with a good value, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

this was the third time i stayed here , close to battlefield , can walk down the street to a few attractions and resturants and gift shops . its just a motel tell but only time i was here was at night to sleep , nothing fancy . nice place to stay .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Jersey Shore, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at ABV in Gettysburg, Pa. Feb.25 to Feb.28. We stayed in one of the King cabanna rooms. Was a nice room. The staff were awsome. Not one thing to complain about. We have been going to Gettysburg at least once a year with our kids for about 15 years. Found this gem about 3 yaers ago.
you can't beat the location, price and service. Made our res. for July before we left.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I was in Gettysburg over the weekend with my daughters and we chose this hotel because we had gotten a great deal and the location was great.I have been to Gettysburg many times over the past few years and have stayed in many places. I was on a "no frills" trip for business and to do a little site-seeing this time around.

The hotel is older but it is very clean and the staff is nice. The beds are comfortable and the shower works well. We even had a small balcony to sit out on. We were also walking distance to almost everything which is a huge plus for me. I like to park the car and walk. We only used the car to tour the military park.

This is not a fancy hotel but it has everything you need for a trip if you are planning to be out and about while in Gettysburg.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Western New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed June 26, 27 & 28th. Have stayed here a number of times over the past ten years. The motel is older, but clean and maintained, accommodations are simple, yet comfortable, and the staff is friendly and there to help you. The location is perfect for walking destinations! Location, location!! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed at America’s Best Value Inn the last weekend in June because my husband and I were in town to run the Spirit of Gettysburg 5k. We stayed in one of the poolside rooms with a king bed. The hotel itself was VERY clean, the bathroom was immaculate, and the bed was pretty comfortable. The only problem we had with the room itself was that the shower head was very low, even for me at 5’2’’. The rooms are outdated, but that was not an issue for us as we were looking for a clean, cheaper place to stay.

The night before the race my husband and I were trying to sleep around 11ish (as we had to be up at 6am the next day), but there was a large gathering of very loud folk RIGHT outside of our room. I mean literally within a few steps from our room. We felt bad because it sounded like they were having a very good time, but we decided to call the front desk in the hope that someone could ask them to quiet down (I mean, we did book the room as a place to sleep and there are bars and taverns that the group could have migrated to). But the teenager at the front desk really did not know how to handle the situation. She initially tried to tell me that there was nothing she could do and that the town of Gettysburg did not have a curfew for people over 18. This makes sense, but apparently then the hotel does not have a noise policy or any sort of quiet hours. Also, I would imagine that Gettysburg has some sort of noise ordinance. Anyway, after asking several times to talk to a manager if there was nothing she could do, the girl confessed that there was not one on site and told me that she would not call one this late at night. I do not know if this is normal, maybe it is for smaller hotels. But leaving the hotel in the hands of a teenage does not seem to be the best way to handle your business. I eventually convinced her that the noise was truly a problem for us, and a few minutes later I could hear her outside of my room asking the group to quiet down. She must have known that we could hear her, as we did call to complain about the noise. But when asking the group to quiet down, she told them about some lady who, “was like, screaming on the phone to see a manager” (which I absolutely was not) and otherwise making me sound like a real pain to her and to everyone at the hotel. I guess we were quite annoying by asking her to actually do her job for 5 minutes, because when we checked in at around 9:00ish the teens at the front desk were playing computer games and talking on their cell phones

Anyway, the group took her seriously for about 10 minutes and then went right back to being loud again and we did not get to sleep until after 2am. So while the hotel was clean and somewhat affordable, the staff on hand did not handle this situation professionally and were not taken seriously by the other guests. This may have been an isolated incident, but I would recommend booking a room in the main part of the hotel as opposed to in the poolside cabana because the noise was probably more diffused there. Also, according the girl I spoke to there is really nothing that can be done about noise at the hotel late into the night, which I suppose means that there is no policy about quiet hours. So if you are thinking about booking here just be wary if you are sensitive to noise at night. There are plenty of other affordable options in Gettysburg.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
QI-GML, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
I spoke to the Front Desk Clerk in regards to this situation and she said she received a complaint about the noise outside the “cabana” rooms right around 11pm. She apologized and offered to go talk to the people and told her to call back if it continued. She talked to the people outside and they promised to try and keep the noise down. They apologized for causing problems and moved their chairs further away from the cabanas. For the rest of the night, she received no more phone calls and figured all was well.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!