“A perfect hotel in Gettysburg, best location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 1863 Inn of Gettysburg

You added 1863 Inn of Gettysburg to your Saves list
1863 Inn of Gettysburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   516 Baltimore St., Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Special Rate
Winter Special
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“A perfect hotel in Gettysburg, best location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is perfect for your stay in Gettysburg. Location- I've stayed on both the square & battlefield ends of Baltimore St. I like this location best. Walk across the street to battlefield, National Cemetery, shops, restaurants, and the ghost tours. Ask for a room in the front to watch the ghost tours that walk by the hotel & hustle of the shops. Bring your chairs. We stayed in rm 410, perfect & thxs to hotel staff for being so accommodating. Nice pool for kids, want to stay in back if small kids. Rooms are clean & practical. Staff is very helpful with directions. Is pet friendly but will check last time pet was in your room. I am picky, saw no signs of dog or even saw any while there. The hotel was sold out when we were there. Standard continental breakfast but full service restaurant right across the street if you must have eggs like me.

• Stayed September 2013
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to post a review. We certainly are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. The location of the hotel is great! Everything is located within walking distance. We hope that you will come back to see us if you are back this way. Thank you again for letting us know that we played a part in making your trip an enjoyable one! Hope to see you soon!

Norma Herring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Bronxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here two nights 8/28-30. Clean, quiet, great pool, great breakfast. Right in the middle of the main strip at the split in the roads. Right next door to the open air bus tour and walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We have a great staff here and they work very hard to make sure that each guest has a comfortable, clean room. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast offers a wide variety of items-something for everyone. And when it comes to location, you can't beat this hotel! So close to everything-just park the car and walk. We hope that you will come back to see us. Thank you again for the review. We certainly appreciate it!

Kreamer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed overnight on our annual Gettysburg trip..The hotel staff was very friendly and did a great job helping us with our eeds..Room was very nice in my opinion and bed was comfy..The greatest thing is its a walk to just about everything including ghost tours, buss tours and may good eationg establishments..Great stay and will stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the wonderful review! Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your visit. We are glad that you found everything to be clean and comfortable and the staff helpful. The hotel is very convenient to most of the attractions-everything within walking distance. Please stop and see us if you are back this way. It would be our pleasure. Thank you again for the great review.

Cooperstown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a great stay at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. I liked that it was right in the center of everything.We could walk to all which saved on the gas.In all an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad to hear that you found everything to be clean and comfortable. We appreciate the wonderful review and hope that you will allow us to continue to be your "Gettysburg Address"!! See you soon!!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed for about a week during the extremely busy (zoo?) 150th Gettysburg Anniversary. The hotel and city were packed and crowded to the max! This is usually a recipe for disaster for a lot of hotels, but the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg hit it out of the park with great service and being extremely accommodating.

I have no complaints about the room. The place is not "new" but it is well maintained. The A/C worked well and the free wifi is always appreciated. (It is a tad slow though). My only wish would be to have a microwave in the room. While I don't use public pools, it seemed like everyone enjoyed the large pool during the extreme heat and humidity we experienced.

This is my third stay at this hotel and I have never been disappointed. I try and return to Gettysburg annually and this is my choice for hotel accommodations. The hotel is not part of a big chain and has a "family run" atmosphere. (Pride of ownership).

Room Tip: If possible, make sure you don't get a room that is next to the hotel laundry. It's noisy!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for telling how much you enjoy your visits with us here at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. It is always nice to know that we have a customer that comes back time and time again. We are very proud of this hotel. We may not be a new property but we work hard to make sure that each guest is provided with a clean, comfortable room. This is a family owned hotel. We are not a big franchise. Our guests are not just a number-we get to know them and their families. We are glad to see them come back year after year. We appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again for the wonderful review! Hope to see you soon! Enjoy the remainder of your summer.

sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of historic downtown Gettysburg, Lots of Gift shops dinning with nice views of all the actively that takes place in the evening, The Inn is clean They offer a free breakfast The dining area is very nice and fitting for the location. Didn’t Care for the breakfast it seemed all over the place, Not Pleasantly presented. Nothing was hot but overall the hotel was very nice. I didn’t have a nice experience with the staff but it didn’t take away from this lovely Inn The price was good and the rooms comfortable, If you don’t want to hear traffic at night which didn’t bother me I would recommend you request a pool view room, They offer free parking in the rear of the hotel which is a plus since all parking is on meters downtown. Parking is tight for vans but they also share parking with the Jennie Wade house which is pretty good. Other then the staff I give this hotel thumbs up and I would return, However I suggest you contact the Manager of The INN if you have any issue she is very pleasant and willing to please.

Room Tip: Avoid the traffic noise and request a pool view room in the rear, But if you don't mine a little...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Deborah, I am so glad that we were able to chat via email. Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay. I do hope that you and your family will return to visit us in the future. We want all of our guests to have a wonderful experience at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. Again. I want to thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate the feed back. Hope to see you sometime soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I left a comment via their page, but I'm gonna review here as well.I though the Inn at 1863 was a nice hotel; I liked the colonial atmosphere they had in their rooms; and the fact that they provided a mat so we could place it in the shower was great! Rooms were clean; balcony was well kept; in a good location for shopping and dining.I didn't communicate with the staff much; so to review the staff would be unfair unless I have had direct contact; I'm not a breakfast person; I have to be in the mood for breakfast; I just went down to see what the breakfast area; the lobby was really pretty.If you decide to stay; I suggest a room in the back; as those noisy 18 wheelers are so loud haha, but its not the hotels fault for that.(Personally, I don't think 18 wheelers should be trying to squeeze through these narrow streets) Definately give 1863 a try; even if its just one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Autumn, It was so nice speaking to you this week! Thank you for the email! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the review and the kind words! I hope that you and your family will stop to see us again! Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. See you soon!!

Norma Herring

Been to 1863 Inn of Gettysburg? Share your experiences!