“Better than some, but not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Better than some, but not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Recently stayed one night at this Days Inn while visiting Gettysburg for the first time. My friend and I first arrived at the hotel around 1:30 pm, but were told check in wasn't until 4:00 pm. So we toured Gettysburg and had an early dinner. We returned to the Days Inn at 5:00 and were promptly taken care of by a very professional staff. Our rooms were very clean and I guess reasonably priced ($90/nt. weekend).
Our rooms were identical, but the furntiure was arranged differently...one double bed, a sofa sleeper, dresser, desk and chair and supposedly internet connections (I didn't have my laptop). There is also a dorm type refrigerator and a small microwave, as well as a small coffee make (with free coffee, etc.).
They offer a Continetal Breakfast from 6-9 am (cereal, donuts/pastries, and beverages) which was nice, but we opted to eat a full breakfast at Perkins, just next door.
Electrical outlets were few and not easily accessible. I noticed a triplex adapter in one outlet and wonder if this is a code violation. There weren't many channels on the televisions.
Location is okay with a few restuarants nearby (Ruby Tuesday, Dairy Queen, Perkins, to name a few). There is also a Walmart and a couple of gas stations just east of the hotel, but you will have to drive to the Battlefield sites.
There are kiosk's with pamphlets of area activities and menus for nearby restuarants in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel - one for my parents and one for myself & my boyfriend...both rooms were equal and very nice! We got what we expected from a Days Inn. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very roomy. We had no issues with sounds other than hearing toilets flushing. This hotel is a great location for Gettysburg site-seeing! The pool was shut down when we were there, but the staff was kind enough to let us use their sister hotels (Super 8) pool across the way...we thought this was a very nice offer! Breakfast was included in your visit...it was your average continental breakfast, but with good selection! The value of the rooms was great and we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
st. Charles Mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at this hotel based on the Gettysburg literature we recieved to plan our trip. The ad misrepresented the # of cable channels provided, the room's plug for the refridgerator was a fire hazard and the rooms are VERY noisy. I complained upon check out about the noise level in the rooms. You can actually hear every word of the normal toned converstations of the people in the rooms next to you. The desk clerk said that they get that complaint all the time! The ad also advertised a "delux' breakfast. I would more consider it a continental breakfast, and many mornings it was too crowded to find a place to sit down and eat. I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Cumbria, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

This has to be one of the top Days Inns, immaculate, extremely comfortable and the staff were very helpful. Great to have a pool after a hot day's sightseeing. Ideally situated for exploring the battlefields and Gettysburg itself. Plenty of restaurants nearby though we went to the Fairfield Inn and were not impressed! This Days Inn is very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Days Inn Gettysburg. We arrived at the hotel 1/2 hour before the scheduled check-in time, and were able to get our room right away. The young lady at the front desk was very welcoming, professional, and helpful.

We had a jacuzzi room with a king bed on the second floor facing the rear of the hotel. The room was spacious for a hotel and it was very clean upon our arrival. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of extra pillows. The jacuzzi worked perfectly and held it's temperature for as long as we desired it. We actually had to drain some and add cold water to get it to cool down some after almost an hour. Despite the hotel being almost full, we had no problems with noise.

The only negatives I could list would be that the free breakfast left something to be desired as far as selection goes. We actually ended up going to the Perkins restaurant right next door for breakfast. Secondly, the towels in the room were quite flimsy and there were barely enough there to allow for showers, not to mention using the jacuzzi. If you plan to use a jacuzzi, or the outdoor pool, be sure to bring along your own beach towels.

It is a very short drive from this hotel to the local attractions, but far enough away to have peace and quiet in your room when you want to get away from traffic and pedestrians.

Overall, if you are looking for good accommodations at a reasonable price, I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
mass
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

ive stayed in gettysburg many times the expierience in this hotel makes me never want to go back,upon arrival we were treated like we had coutties the women who were at the desk were so phoney . my husband heard them wihsper something about us . why ? i didnt get it. weve stayed in much better places . and treated with much more respect . the rooms wernt all that .i couldnt iron my clothes because the iron was locked so tight to the board like we were goin to take a ten dollar iron i had a bite mark on my hand and was sick the next morning. the hospital told me it was a spider bite . i cant say it happened there . but even so i wouldnt stay there again . never again

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I did lots of research before our trip to Gettysburg and picked the Days Inn based on Trip Advisor evaluations, even though some of the reviews worried me. Bottom line is that the hotel was adequate for our stay - a few minor problems and issues, but basically about what you'd expect for $75/night (through hotels.com) at an older hotel with lots of traffic.

Positives: very comfortable beds (soft), good location, flawless wireless, nice front-desk staff, decent (but not great) deluxe continental breakfast

Negatives: slow and not very attentive housekeeping staff, thin walls, tiny pillows & towels, not real clean.

If we went again, I would likely stay somewhere else (and pay more), but if you're bargain-conscious, I would be OK with recommending this. We had some minor irritations: a roll-away bed was brought up but had no sheets or comforter, and the blanket it did come with caused my 14-year-old to sneeze through the night....we left at 9 a.m. one morning and housekeeping was two doors away from our room; we came back at 2 p.m. and the housekeeping folks were now on the other side of our room, two doors down, but hadn't touched our room (and this was after not "refreshing" our toilet paper supply on Day 1, leaving us with none). We waited another hour in the lobby until the room was done, thus ending our only chance of a short nap before hitting the battlefields again...batteries in TV remotes dead, some lights not working (bulbs burned out) and the woman who took care of setting up the continental breakfast coughing ON the milk dispenser at breakfast. I also overheard the front desk person telling one caller that this hotel had major problems with help "calling in sick" 30 minutes before shifts started, although she said later in the conversation "things had gotten better."

If you're a little picky, like me, you might consider going up a notch for $25/night to stay somewhere else, but if you're looking for a decent place on the lower end cost-wise, your experience here will likely be OK.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!