“Clean hotel & friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   865 York Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #13 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Central Valley
“Clean hotel & friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our room was clean and in a quiet hallway. The heat/AC unit was a little noisy when it cycled on. Breakfast was average continental fare. The coffee was good. The hotel staff were quite friendly and helpful and the hotel was conveniently located. The room rate was reasonable and a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

656 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pennsylvania Furnace
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Room clean, staff friendly. Breakfast good and the staff was there to clean up. They opened up before 6:30 for us which was nice. Only thing I did not care for but noone else commented was the coffee was weak.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

pfritz-gm, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I'm a little confused as the comments do not fit the rating. Perhaps a misunderstanding of the rating (?). Having said that, thank you for being our guest and hopefully you will visit us again when in the area. Best Regards
Elkins, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've wanted to visit Gettysburg during the 150th anniversary of the battle, but did NOT want to deal with the throngs of people who would be visiting for the same reason. So, I took my mini-vacation in early November. I read reviews on tripadvisor for the various motels in the area. I did not want to spend $100+ per night for a motel room. When I'm on a trip, I don't spend much time in a motel room. I find things to do during the evening hours rather than sitting in my room watching TV.

Being the off season for tourists, I got a excellent bargain at the Days Inn of Gettysburg. The room was spacious even with two queen size beds. The room was quite clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and warm. I always travel with my own pillow, so I can't comment on their pillows, but there were four per bed. The bathroom was not tiny although the sink was across from it in the room. I have noticed that most motels that I've visited never have much light above the sink for those men who shave. I would think that women would find it on the dark side for putting on make-up. There was a refrigerator and coffee-maker in the room which I didn't use. The AC/heater unit was rather quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful.

To my great surprise, there were busses of school children staying at the motel to tour the Gettysburg battlefield. Fortunately none of them were on my floor or I'm sure that I would be complaining about the noise.

My only disappointment was the continental breakfast. This was my third mini-vacation this year and the other motels from two different motel chains served both hot and cold items for breakfast. Those chains had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon and make your own waffles along with cereals, bagels, muffins, donuts and toast. Days Inn only had cereal (4 choices), bagels, muffins, boxed powdered donuts, toast and the make your own waffles. Cereal just floats in my stomach for a short period of time and doesn't fill me up. Still, I was grateful that they did offer breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bellevue,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed three nights while making plans for our next years ship's reunion.
We were so impressed with the hotel and staff that we are planning on having our reunion headquarters there next fall.Thanks to all and will be looking forward to coming back. George B

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!