“Just Visiting” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Elkins, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've wanted to visit Gettysburg during the 150th anniversary of the battle, but did NOT want to deal with the throngs of people who would be visiting for the same reason. So, I took my mini-vacation in early November. I read reviews on tripadvisor for the various motels in the area. I did not want to spend $100+ per night for a motel room. When I'm on a trip, I don't spend much time in a motel room. I find things to do during the evening hours rather than sitting in my room watching TV.

Being the off season for tourists, I got a excellent bargain at the Days Inn of Gettysburg. The room was spacious even with two queen size beds. The room was quite clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and warm. I always travel with my own pillow, so I can't comment on their pillows, but there were four per bed. The bathroom was not tiny although the sink was across from it in the room. I have noticed that most motels that I've visited never have much light above the sink for those men who shave. I would think that women would find it on the dark side for putting on make-up. There was a refrigerator and coffee-maker in the room which I didn't use. The AC/heater unit was rather quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful.

To my great surprise, there were busses of school children staying at the motel to tour the Gettysburg battlefield. Fortunately none of them were on my floor or I'm sure that I would be complaining about the noise.

My only disappointment was the continental breakfast. This was my third mini-vacation this year and the other motels from two different motel chains served both hot and cold items for breakfast. Those chains had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon and make your own waffles along with cereals, bagels, muffins, donuts and toast. Days Inn only had cereal (4 choices), bagels, muffins, boxed powdered donuts, toast and the make your own waffles. Cereal just floats in my stomach for a short period of time and doesn't fill me up. Still, I was grateful that they did offer breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bellevue,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed three nights while making plans for our next years ship's reunion.
We were so impressed with the hotel and staff that we are planning on having our reunion headquarters there next fall.Thanks to all and will be looking forward to coming back. George B

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Despite being a budget hotel this was probably one of the best value-for-money hotels on our holiday. The room was clean, quiet and well appointed, including a fridge and microwave. Wifi is free. Mind the bathroom sink is external to the actual bathroom.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New Castle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The room was very clean. Beds were comfortable and I like the good pillows and plenty of them. Location was great. Loved the restaurant and dairy queen in walking distance. Coffee was good.. the only thing that I could suggest was the eating area needed more tables. Had to stand for 10 minutes waitimg for one..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family