“Comfy 3 night stay...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Marlton
“Comfy 3 night stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had originally made reservations for another hotel that was downtown(1863 Inn) for the week I was to stay. But after getting hit by Hurricane Sandy, had to change my plans, and was only able to plan a 3 night/4 day stay. I booked through Hotels.com, and was able to get an extra night free, and also saved a lot of money over what the other hotel in town would have cost me! I really have no complaints about any aspect of my stay...the room was clean, comfy, the gym was more than adequate, continental breakfast was a nice feature (even though I only had one meal there, because Perkins was right in the front lot of the hotel, and I like their breakfast). Staff was friendly, and more than helpful with any questions regarding local attractions, eatery's etc.... Please note that this hotel is not downtown, but is only a short 2 minute ride to get to all the local attractions. This to me was great, because I didn't want to pay an extra hundred dollars just to be able to walk to the souvenir or antique shops!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor, and other than a few door slams early in the night, all was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
pfritz-gm, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review.We are always glad to hear our guests are comfortable and appreciate our efforts to make our Days Inn one of the best. We certainly look forward to a return visit. Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have stayed at this Days Inn many times. It is in a great location to the Gettysburg Battlefield & just off the highway. They have recently renovated the hotel & rooms. There is a microwave & refrigerator in the room which is very handy. The beds are comfortable & the bathroom is clean. The sink is outside of the bathroom itself & great if someone is in the shower & someone wants to use the sink. I do wish they had better lighting above their full length mirror. It would be easier to apply makeup, otherwise you have to bend over the sink to get near the mirror. The breakfast is very good with a waffle maker, juices, fruit, donuts, bagels,toast, etc. The front desk was very friendly. The price was great - $62 for October. Definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
pfritz-gm, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your very nice comments we do our very best to make this Days Inn the best we can. We look forward to seeing you in the future.. Best Regards
GREENSBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel. We had the king suite with the hot tub. Very clean!! Great location. Wish the mattress was more comfortable, but overall our stay was very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn for your stay. I'm glad most everything was to your liking. Please visit us again when in the area. Best Regards
philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I decided to attend a conference in Gettysburg at the last minute. The conference hotel was expensive so I looked for a more reasonable option and, through Trip Advisor, came across this hotel. I wanted to be near the conference center so I called the hotel before booking and they told me they were just a short distance up the road.

The price was amazing so I took a chance, although Days Inns are not always great place. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel and saw the nice lobby and even more pleased with my clean, large, well-appointed room. It even had a refrigerator and microwave.

The staff was very helpful with directions and sugestions for restaurants; they have many menus on display in the lobby as well.

I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a hotel in the Gettysburg area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
What a very nice review ! Thank you for your recommendation to other guests. We look forward to having you as our guest again whenever you are in the area. Best Regards

Been to Days Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!