“OK lodging in Gettysburg.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 York Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #25 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“OK lodging in Gettysburg.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Our clean room was on the end at the back of the hotel, so it had a wooded view -- no city or parking lot lights shining in around the curtains, which was nice. We could hear other hotel guests talking & walking in the hall, however. The room was average sized. The pool area appeared older, but clean. We had to get a wireless internet adaptor from the desk. We'd requested a fridge & microwave via our internet reservation, but they weren't in the room. We asked the front desk for a fridge & microwave, but they never called back, so we didn't know whether they weren't available or if they just failed to follow through on the request. Both toilet paper rolls in the bathroom were partially used and there were no spares in the room -- we ran out the first night. The eating area was too crowded most mornings at most times, and the chairs were too big for the tables so it was awkward. The breakfast included waffles, bagles & pastries, french toast OR biscuits with gravy (depending on the day), hard boiled eggs, some fruit (apples), 2 kinds of cold cereal + oatmeal, 3 kinds of juice, 2% milk only, regular & decaf coffee & tea.

• Liked — Convenience -- withing walking distance to Gettysburg (if you have good legs)
  • Disliked — Crowded breakfast area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

This is a very nice hotel just outside of downtown Gettysburg. The staff here are very helpful and friendly. I was very happy with the way my room was cleaned while I was out sight seeing. The front desk staff try very hard to help out in anyway they can. They go the extra mile for their guests.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — automatic air freshener
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
boswell pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

my family and I had a terrific time at the comfort inn at gettysburg pa. rooms were clean, pool was nice, staff was very,very friendly: I would recommend this motel to anyone staying in gettysburg

• Liked — the breakfast and pool: the value
  • Disliked — distance from gettysburg
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

I had a room for six days during the re-enactment in 2005. I am a comfort inn fan but the room I had was quite dirty. The washroom was big enough and set up for the handicapped but it smelled of urine the entire time I stayed there. WHEN I go back to Gettyburg I will stay at one of the other choice hotels or at any other hotel. The comfort inn at Gettysburg is the DIRTIEST comfort inn I have ever visited!!!

Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

we rented 3 rooms and all 3 were very dirty our spreads had very visible stains the bathrooms were a little hairy and supplies were not left the next day carpets were not vaccumed at all the pool was a mint green color with railings falling off

• Stayed August 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

This is one of three Choice Hotels in Gettysburg. This one is actually about 2 miles from the center of Gettysburg, on York Road, but very convenient location. You are near the junction of Rt. 15, so if you wish to bypass the center of town and visit Boyds Bears for example, you can take Rt. 15 and get off the Steinwehr exit, thus bypassing the town during busy times. The same applies if you want to visit the outlets- just get off the Baltimore Pike exit. By getting off either exit, you come into the heart of the tourist areas without going through the busy part of town.

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in June and I have stayed here by myself about 2 years ago, in October. I found things to be about the same, given the two year span. The rooms are a nice size- ours had two queen size beds. The sink is outside the bathroom, which is most convenient and tub/shower and commode inside the bathroom. Everything was clean and neat and the overall maintenance of the hotel seems excellent- grounds well maintained as well with attractive flowers.

My one disappointment with this place is the complimentary breakfast and it was the same two years ago. Whenever I visit a breakfast buffet, I like to see whomever is in charge constantly wiping off the counter where one is served and also constantly wiping off tables as people leave, to make them nice for the next guest and in addition, constantly keeping an eye out for food that needs to be restocked, etc. We came here two mornings, and on the one morning, the young woman in charge sat in a chair at the end of the breakfast area, looking bored and disinterested. On the other morning, I accidentally spilled milk on the counter and on the floor and I had to go to the front desk and ask for someone to come clean it up. I confess that on one of the two mornings, we went off to Perkins, which is right out the door practically.

I would stay here again, but our preference is one of the other Choice Hotels in Gettysburg.

• Stayed June 2005
Royersford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2005

Upon arriving at the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg, my boyfriend declared, "Oh boy, the scumfort inn!" He was just kidding though, because the lobby was actually very attractive. It was almost like a coffee house, a small lounge, or even an informal living room. Check in was fast and the desk attendant was very helpful in giving directions to places we wanted to go.

The room was very large! Upon first entering, the room was comfortable for the weather, which was cold, so the room was warm. Everything was nicely laid out and clean. The bed was enormous and springy, so comfortable to sleep on. Our window was large as well, with dark curtains to block out the morning. The shower was big, too.

The indoor pool was completely empty from 6-7pm, when we were in it. The jacuzzi was clean and bubbly :)

I recommend staying here!

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg? Share your experiences!