“Adequate accommodations, has indoor pool and free full breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 York Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #25 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Troy, PA
“Adequate accommodations, has indoor pool and free full breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in a room with our family of 5 in room 243. I was concerned because we booked this hotel before seeing the reviews mentioning bed bugs. I did revise my reservation to say that we would be checking for that beforehand and there was no evidence of bed bugs in our room. We did see two stink bugs, but that is common in this area and difficult to completely eliminate.

Our room was comfortable and clean. I liked the decor - dark red, rich brown furniture, plush chairs, wall mount flat screen TV. It also had a large refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and blow dryer. The only problem with the room was a noisy refrigerator that made a clicking sound all the time, but we kept the air conditioner on and that white noise drowned out the sound. The sink was not in the bathroom, which was nice for putting on makeup while someone else could be showering. However, it made the bathroom really small so there wasn't much room for changing in private.

Although most of the exterior doors opened with your room key card, the door by our room was broken, so anyone could have entered/exited through here. It was not a concern for us, but I could see where it might be for another guest.

There is an exercise room, an indoor pool and a hot tub. The kids took advantage of the pool - it had WAY too much chlorine (could smell it from anywhere in the hotel), but the kids enjoyed it.

When we asked for additional towels, the staff quickly responded. The breakfast was kept well stocked with items like waffles, sausage, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries and cereals. The seating area was too small for the amount of people staying at the hotel so we waited until close to the end of breakfast and found seating then.

The hotel is not right in the town of Gettysburg, but is only a 5 minute drive to the town center.

I would have stayed somewhere else if the hotels hadn't been filled by the time we booked, but we found the stay adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: quiet on the back side of top floor - rooms 230 and up
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Clatskanie OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Because of the apple festival the rates of the rooms were high. It was not our first choice but chose it for the name. It was OK, your typical Comfort Inn. The breakfast was outstanding with sausage and eggs for hot items as well as all the typical buffet items. The breakfast room is in the lobby of the hotel. We spent time visiting Gettysburg and the apple festival so was not in the room that much. The new lady at the desk was not much help with the apple festival driving direction, etc. and the bus schedule to Gettysburg Information Center which I think the staff should know this information as it would be a typical question.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My daughter's class stayed here for one night on a field trip. Many kids woke up with bites and rashes the next morning. One student found a bug and the Science teacher chaperoning the trip confirmed it was a bed bug! My daughter's room didn't appear to have bed bugs, but it had several large beetles (alive and dead) and she said their room was dark, musty and it had a moldy shower. One of the beetles was crawling up the wall in the morning! It was the size of a quarter!

When the class returned from the trip, we were given bags to put all their clothing and suitcases in. Had to wash everything in hot water and dry on hot for 2 hrs!

Contacted Choice Hotels, who referred my complaint to the manager of the hotel. I have received NO RESPONSE!! Called the Health Dept and was told they have no jurisdiction over bed bugs since they don't spread disease!!

• Stayed September 2013
East Liverpool, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

When planning a trip to Gettysburg, we weren't completely sure of the dates, so we didn't get a hotel booked until the week before. I called to talk to someone myself, because I want to know for sure about amenities that are listed on a site. And I'm a big fan of free breakfasts with my stay!
So when I called this hotel, the woman who answered the phone was very pleasant, she answered all the questions I had, and made me fee welcome even though I hadn't decided to stay there.
When we finally did book a room, we chose this place, and I was definitely pleased!
Now, it looked a little shady, to me, on the outside. But the moment I walked through the doors I felt comfortable.
Everyone we came in contact with was nice and helpful. We were able to check in even though we were early, and the room was lovely!
Throughout the multi-day stay, we never encountered any negative issues. The breakfast was good, the bed comfy.
Every time we left, or came in, the building we were greeted in a friendly manner. When we checked out, I was sad to leave, because they really made my stay pleasant.
I would definitely look into this place again when I plan my next trip back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bloomfield, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Air conditioner temperature setting could not be changed, so the room was not cool enough. None of the buttons did anything. Also, the fan cycled on and off with the compressor, instead of running constantly, disturbing our sleep every time it started or stopped. In fact, there was a button on the air conditioner that said "continuous fan", but that button didn't do anything either.

Front desk personnel were unfriendly.

Breakfast was OK, but not as good as most Comfort Inns. And they were out of orange juice, of all things.

The gardens on the outside of the building were outstanding - a good feature.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed four nights here and everything was fine. Cleanliness no problem, rooms were comfortable, staff was helpful and nice. Very good fitness center and if you don't like their breakfasts, there is a Perkins Restaurant a few steps away. Only complaint is more outlets needed for charging personal electronics. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and the personnel pleasant and helpful. The location is pretty much perfect in hitting the local sites. The only small drawback with the hotel was out of the four pillows they have on queen size beds, two were musty smelling. Since I only use two, the others were pushed off.

KRD

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg? Share your experiences!