“This hotel has bed bugs!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg

You added Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 York Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg)   |
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
“This hotel has bed bugs!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My daughter's class stayed here for one night on a field trip. Many kids woke up with bites and rashes the next morning. One student found a bug and the Science teacher chaperoning the trip confirmed it was a bed bug! My daughter's room didn't appear to have bed bugs, but it had several large beetles (alive and dead) and she said their room was dark, musty and it had a moldy shower. One of the beetles was crawling up the wall in the morning! It was the size of a quarter!

When the class returned from the trip, we were given bags to put all their clothing and suitcases in. Had to wash everything in hot water and dry on hot for 2 hrs!

Contacted Choice Hotels, who referred my complaint to the manager of the hotel. I have received NO RESPONSE!! Called the Health Dept and was told they have no jurisdiction over bed bugs since they don't spread disease!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
East Liverpool, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

When planning a trip to Gettysburg, we weren't completely sure of the dates, so we didn't get a hotel booked until the week before. I called to talk to someone myself, because I want to know for sure about amenities that are listed on a site. And I'm a big fan of free breakfasts with my stay!
So when I called this hotel, the woman who answered the phone was very pleasant, she answered all the questions I had, and made me fee welcome even though I hadn't decided to stay there.
When we finally did book a room, we chose this place, and I was definitely pleased!
Now, it looked a little shady, to me, on the outside. But the moment I walked through the doors I felt comfortable.
Everyone we came in contact with was nice and helpful. We were able to check in even though we were early, and the room was lovely!
Throughout the multi-day stay, we never encountered any negative issues. The breakfast was good, the bed comfy.
Every time we left, or came in, the building we were greeted in a friendly manner. When we checked out, I was sad to leave, because they really made my stay pleasant.
I would definitely look into this place again when I plan my next trip back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bloomfield, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Air conditioner temperature setting could not be changed, so the room was not cool enough. None of the buttons did anything. Also, the fan cycled on and off with the compressor, instead of running constantly, disturbing our sleep every time it started or stopped. In fact, there was a button on the air conditioner that said "continuous fan", but that button didn't do anything either.

Front desk personnel were unfriendly.

Breakfast was OK, but not as good as most Comfort Inns. And they were out of orange juice, of all things.

The gardens on the outside of the building were outstanding - a good feature.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed four nights here and everything was fine. Cleanliness no problem, rooms were comfortable, staff was helpful and nice. Very good fitness center and if you don't like their breakfasts, there is a Perkins Restaurant a few steps away. Only complaint is more outlets needed for charging personal electronics. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and the personnel pleasant and helpful. The location is pretty much perfect in hitting the local sites. The only small drawback with the hotel was out of the four pillows they have on queen size beds, two were musty smelling. Since I only use two, the others were pushed off.

KRD

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a very nice motel. Our room was clean and well appointed. The king sized bed was most comfortable. The breakfast provided was one of the best we've encountered. From 6 to 9:30 AM they provide coffee, orange juice, yogurt, eggs, sausage, cereal, muffins, pastries, and waffles or pancakes. And there is a nice flower garden outside the registration area.

The motel is located about 1/4 mile north of the entrance leading to the Gettysburg Visitor Center. It is less than a mile south of the monuments on Cemetery Ridge, and perhaps a mile south of downtown Gettysburg. Really conveniently located.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator. The damn thing gives off a loud ding when it stops; we c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oneida, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just down the road (5 minutes) from downtown historic Gettysburg...clean rooms, quiet, secure. Only drawback is that there are only about 4 tables in the breakfast area so about 7 am is the best time. Lots of construction workers staying there but they are usually gone by 6;30 AM.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg? Share your experiences!