“Great place for a family to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 York Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
NH
“Great place for a family to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked this hotel for the price as well as the location. I have to say that the staff at this hotel was very hard working. The accommadations were perfect for our family trip to Gettysburg. What I found to be exceptional was the customer service. EVERYTHING we asked for was provided to us immediately and with a smile. The font desk clerk was working a doubleshift the day we checked in since someone had called in sick. He single handedly brought me more conditioner, coffee and a shower cap. The room wasn't quite ready for checkin (missing a comforter) so he made our bed. He fixed our safe (batteries died) while answering his portable phone for the front desk. We reported some damage in the pool area and it was fixed the very next day. that night the remote to the tv wasn't working and he was at our door in seconds to replace the batteries. Our comort was truly guaranteed at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
nantiac, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This motel, for the price, beats all others in the Choice rewards category in which we have stayed. It was super clean, very roomy, separate bath from the vanity, and the usual hot breakfast. We had a king bed with a TV on the opposite wall, not sure the size, but large.
Great shower with good pressure. Again all very clean. I usually take showers, in motels, with my clogs on, but here I did not feel the need. Gettysburg, PA is a major attraction town, so was expecting a much higher price. It was less than the other 3 choice motels we stayed in this trip, and had a better, larger room. The front desk also, was extremely helpful taking care of any questions we had about internet log on, restaurants, I-pad use, etc.

Room Tip: Had room just around the corner from the front desk, GREAT!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently got home from a 3 night stay at the Comfort Inn for the Greyhounds In Gettysburg annual event. We had such an enjoyable time. While the hotel itself is comfortable and convenient, our stay was made much more pleasant by the staff. They were friendly, professional, accommodating, and truly seemed to enjoy greeting the dogs, and having them there. At check-in, Colleen was very efficient, while being genuinely glad to see our 4 Greyhounds. Our friends had car trouble, and were unable to get there till the next evening, and Colleen was very patient and efficient, and helped to ease their stress a bit. Dylan always had a smile for the guests. Our clean, good sized room was ready even though they had had a very large group who had just checked out that morning. When we found that our fridge was not cool, she sent someone right away, and the problem was solved. Nice large fridges, by the way, a real bonus. We were pleased to see that there was a microwave and large flat screen T.V. The Wifi connection was excellent all weekend. There was an actual closet with plenty of hangers, a safe, an iron, and hair dryer (great because I forgot mine!). The beds were very comfortable, and we loved the 4 smaller pillows.
My husband is especially particular about breakfast, and we were both pleased with what was offered. For a free breakfast, it was such a great deal! Eggs, sausage, waffles you make yourself, just about anything you could want, short of sitting down and ordering something---and paying for it! And starting at 6:30 was great. The breakfast area is actually the lobby, and we were asked simply not to take the dogs out the main door during breakfast hours. Very reasonable and understandable request. I noticed a previous reviewer commenting on dogs going through the area, and I'd just like to respond that it was not management's fault. We always exited through the hall door, but clearly a few people didn't. There is a bit of a chlorine smell from the pool, but it is right there off the lobby as well, and it was never overpowering---believe me, we would have mentioned it if it was. We used the hot tub and pool on Friday night, and they were great! The grounds are green and spacious, plenty of quiet room to walk the dogs, and the hotel is set back from the highway. We found it perfect for our stay.
A few minor things didn't effect our stay, or our satisfaction. The fan in the bathroom is loud, and the light a bit dim, though the heat light is bright (a nice touch). You do need a car to get into town (only a mile or so), but the location is pretty convenient. If you want to be right in the middle of things (and pay the higher prices), perhaps this location is not for you. It appears that some complaints are due to other guests behaving irresponsibly, and the hotel can only try and deal with this, which they do professionally. And obviously, we and our friends encountered NONE of the problems mentioned in earlier reviews. We were there with 2 other couples, as well as quite a few other Greyhound owners, and we were very pleased. Perhaps some people don't care for dogs, or having sports teams or large groups, so they should take that into consideration. The Greyhounds In Gettysburg event is always the last weekend in April, so keep that in mind---there will likely be a bunch of Greyhounds there!
In general, the Comfort Inn was an excellent, very reasonably priced, choice for us. Some hotels advertise that they are "pet friendly", but you get the feeling that that isn't really the case. This hotel is pet friendly AND people friendly as well.

Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a delightful surprise, from the lush landscaping, comfortable amenities, delicious hot & cold breakfast buffet... we had a wonderful getaway, just minutes from historic Gettysburg. Gracious accomodations and welcoming hosts. Colleen & company were the best! Looking for a comfy, affordable and pet-friendly travel experience? I highly recommend the Comfort Inn Gettysburg. You shouldn't be disappointed in any way. Quiet, clean, and a good choice for seasoned travelers who appreciate service and attention to details. LCM

Room Tip: It was a totally good experience, would stay there again soon.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BRAMPTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

No issues with my stay at this location. Close to everything in Gettysburg, staff friendly, good breakfast. Room was clean. Only 1 resturant within walking distance of Inn. Good variety of food available for breakfast.

Only issue I had was they allow pets, when we were there, there were dogs being taken out through the lobby where breakfast was.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am 1 of a group of parents who went on a trip on April 19 - 20, 2013. This review is exactly as it happened and I saw it. Our school visited Gettysburg College for our kids as a possible place for them to be students. The College experiece was great, so being quite exhausted after a long and productive day at Gettysburg College we all got to Comfort Inn (aka: Uncomfortable Inn of Bedbugs - a place where bedbugs check inn and never get checked out)

We were all quickly given keys to our rooms and looked forward to pool, jacuzzi and a 'comfortable' bed rest. Within 1 hour after being checked in a parent came and told us that one of the parents had been bitten by bed bugs. I exited the jacuzzi and went to see that parent.

Sorry, but I am paranoid about bugs and taking them to my home or just getting bit.
She then told me that not only was she bitten but upon further investigation of her bed, there were several alive and dead bugs and yellowish stained sheets. She brought the hotel staff to take a look to which they said, 'I've never seen a bug in this hotel anywhere before'... (REALLY!!!)
They then changed her room.
I then had her help me search my room since my eyes are not the best. She found dead and live bedbugs in my bed, thank goodness it was not my sons bed. I quickly asked them to come to the room and see the bugs as proof, they did not come but said we believe you, we will change your room. By this time several of us were in their lobby in whatever clothing we could throw on hoping, there were no bugs in or on them, waiting for new rooms. The staff in the mean time were checking other guests in as if nothing was wrong, requesting that we do not speak to loudly about the bugs, that the other guests might over hear. In the mean time some families were already bit, and one boy in particular had bites all over his body, chest, back, neck, arms, hands (which he had scratched and it was bleeding), I felt so sorry for him.

At some point I realized I did not remove my phone charger from my room #136 so I asked to be let back in to search for my charger. While heading back to room #136 I passed a very angry and upset woman coming out of room #117, she was carrying plastic bags and grabbing her 2 kids and heading out of the room, I asked what was wrong, she said bedbugs everywhere and up the walls as well, she was fuming, got her kids out to her car and headed to front desk... heard loud shouting and undetermind words being said .... NOT PAYING!! and she left hotel. I got back to room #136 and the room was made up as if ready to receive guests. The bed were made up with the same sheets we had just sat on and had taken apart to search for the bugs, reason I know this is because it had a pen stain on the sheet, I looked... the stain was still there.

By then the Teacher, Advisor, Prinicpal and Parent Co-ordinator who booked the rooms for us, blaming themselves (how can this be their fault??) Quickly went across streets to other hotels to try to get us out of 'UnComfortable Inn' and was unsuccessful since there were too many of us to be moved, 'all for one and one for all' 26 rooms of us... VERY DIFFICULT!!

I got my new room YEAH! But now not trusting 'UnComfortable Inn' I tried staying up to guard my son and myself from any bites, alas I fell asleep at some point and got bit anyway.

To my amazement the next day we discovered a few other people among our group was also bit. Darn, we were not vigilant enough.

We were told that we were not being charged due to the inconvenience, but then police was called saying we did not pay.

Now, the story does not end there. I have Lupus, and I'm sorry, if I am a little paranoid here, but on April 22/2013 I had to be given a very painful needle in my arm to help with the paid for me to be able to walk because I was in extreme pain, to which the doctors are not sure if it was due to the bug bites from 'UnComfortable Inn' or not. And I am now on Steriods since that is the most extreme of the pain pills they prescribe when I have flair ups (to which I have not had a flair up like this since 2011).

To which our entire group packed up and had to bag up all of our luggage and have them washed when we got home.

Our group finally got some well needed sleep on the bus heading back to New York.

Comfort Inn had bed bugs complaints listed at these following websites as well.
http://www.bedbugregistry.com/ and http://www.bedbugreports.com/details/9207

FYI: The name of the owner of this particular Comfort Inn in Gettysburg is Manish Patel.

Not sure how the Comfort Inn Franchise will like being referred to as 'Uncomfortable Inn', but that is the experience this particular ownere has allowed it to be called. Shame on you!!!

Personally I will never saty in a Comfort Inn again. So Travelers Beware!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
gmpa120, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Our hotel is regularly fumigated by exterminators for bed bugs. All our hotel rooms have bed bug covers on both the mattresses and box springs to help protect our hotel if anyone brings them in. On Friday evening a group of 26 rooms stayed at the Gettysburg Comfort Inn. One child was bit Friday evening by a bug. The area has many bugs and she claimed it to be a bed bug. This was a group from New York and we don't know where they were before they were here. The battlefield has chigger bugs so there is a possiblity the bite was from there. On Friday night all 26 rooms stripped their rooms and only a dead milipede,dead stink bugs and a tick were found in three rooms. All guests with problems were moved to other rooms by two on duty staff members and two off duty staff members. Everything was fine at 11pm. Then in the morning it was found their bus tire was flat and they needed to get it repaired. They said getting it repaired meant they had no money to pay for lunch.We had several guests and staff member who overheard members of this group complaining and mentioning they would get their stay free. First they said all their rooms had bedbugs which the front desk manager argued with them about. Then they claimed they had no breakfast, which was wrong since they were having food fights with it . We had a full house
Friday and Saturday and NO other guests complained about bugs. During this wait to get the bus tire fixed the students were jumping out windows, throwing ice buckets and wearing them on their heads. Later we found most of these students were from the projects in New York. This group skipped out on it's hotel bill so the police were called. Since they left all rooms have been rented by other groups and no one has complained about bed bugs.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nearly half of our school group who occupied 26 rooms found bed bugs in their rooms or were bitten. The staff seemed very unconcerned and did little or nothing to remedy the situation and continued to accept other guests. The first few people to discover the bedbugs did have their rooms changed, but later the staff said there was nothing they could do because there were so many of us. They placed other guests into the very same room where the first bugs were found, which were all over the mattress and bed skirts.They were rude to several members of our group, telling our principal to clean the bugs off the mattress himself. This was an outrageous lack of customer service and professionalism. They obviously were not taking any steps to remedy the situation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg? Share your experiences!