“Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 York Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #25 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
BRAMPTON
“Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

No issues with my stay at this location. Close to everything in Gettysburg, staff friendly, good breakfast. Room was clean. Only 1 resturant within walking distance of Inn. Good variety of food available for breakfast.

Only issue I had was they allow pets, when we were there, there were dogs being taken out through the lobby where breakfast was.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am 1 of a group of parents who went on a trip on April 19 - 20, 2013. This review is exactly as it happened and I saw it. Our school visited Gettysburg College for our kids as a possible place for them to be students. The College experiece was great, so being quite exhausted after a long and productive day at Gettysburg College we all got to Comfort Inn (aka: Uncomfortable Inn of Bedbugs - a place where bedbugs check inn and never get checked out)

We were all quickly given keys to our rooms and looked forward to pool, jacuzzi and a 'comfortable' bed rest. Within 1 hour after being checked in a parent came and told us that one of the parents had been bitten by bed bugs. I exited the jacuzzi and went to see that parent.

Sorry, but I am paranoid about bugs and taking them to my home or just getting bit.
She then told me that not only was she bitten but upon further investigation of her bed, there were several alive and dead bugs and yellowish stained sheets. She brought the hotel staff to take a look to which they said, 'I've never seen a bug in this hotel anywhere before'... (REALLY!!!)
They then changed her room.
I then had her help me search my room since my eyes are not the best. She found dead and live bedbugs in my bed, thank goodness it was not my sons bed. I quickly asked them to come to the room and see the bugs as proof, they did not come but said we believe you, we will change your room. By this time several of us were in their lobby in whatever clothing we could throw on hoping, there were no bugs in or on them, waiting for new rooms. The staff in the mean time were checking other guests in as if nothing was wrong, requesting that we do not speak to loudly about the bugs, that the other guests might over hear. In the mean time some families were already bit, and one boy in particular had bites all over his body, chest, back, neck, arms, hands (which he had scratched and it was bleeding), I felt so sorry for him.

At some point I realized I did not remove my phone charger from my room #136 so I asked to be let back in to search for my charger. While heading back to room #136 I passed a very angry and upset woman coming out of room #117, she was carrying plastic bags and grabbing her 2 kids and heading out of the room, I asked what was wrong, she said bedbugs everywhere and up the walls as well, she was fuming, got her kids out to her car and headed to front desk... heard loud shouting and undetermind words being said .... NOT PAYING!! and she left hotel. I got back to room #136 and the room was made up as if ready to receive guests. The bed were made up with the same sheets we had just sat on and had taken apart to search for the bugs, reason I know this is because it had a pen stain on the sheet, I looked... the stain was still there.

By then the Teacher, Advisor, Prinicpal and Parent Co-ordinator who booked the rooms for us, blaming themselves (how can this be their fault??) Quickly went across streets to other hotels to try to get us out of 'UnComfortable Inn' and was unsuccessful since there were too many of us to be moved, 'all for one and one for all' 26 rooms of us... VERY DIFFICULT!!

I got my new room YEAH! But now not trusting 'UnComfortable Inn' I tried staying up to guard my son and myself from any bites, alas I fell asleep at some point and got bit anyway.

To my amazement the next day we discovered a few other people among our group was also bit. Darn, we were not vigilant enough.

We were told that we were not being charged due to the inconvenience, but then police was called saying we did not pay.

Now, the story does not end there. I have Lupus, and I'm sorry, if I am a little paranoid here, but on April 22/2013 I had to be given a very painful needle in my arm to help with the paid for me to be able to walk because I was in extreme pain, to which the doctors are not sure if it was due to the bug bites from 'UnComfortable Inn' or not. And I am now on Steriods since that is the most extreme of the pain pills they prescribe when I have flair ups (to which I have not had a flair up like this since 2011).

To which our entire group packed up and had to bag up all of our luggage and have them washed when we got home.

Our group finally got some well needed sleep on the bus heading back to New York.

Comfort Inn had bed bugs complaints listed at these following websites as well.
http://www.bedbugregistry.com/ and http://www.bedbugreports.com/details/9207

FYI: The name of the owner of this particular Comfort Inn in Gettysburg is Manish Patel.

Not sure how the Comfort Inn Franchise will like being referred to as 'Uncomfortable Inn', but that is the experience this particular ownere has allowed it to be called. Shame on you!!!

Personally I will never saty in a Comfort Inn again. So Travelers Beware!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
gmpa120, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Our hotel is regularly fumigated by exterminators for bed bugs. All our hotel rooms have bed bug covers on both the mattresses and box springs to help protect our hotel if anyone brings them in. On Friday evening a group of 26 rooms stayed at the Gettysburg Comfort Inn. One child was bit Friday evening by a bug. The area has many bugs and she claimed it to be a bed bug. This was a group from New York and we don't know where they were before they were here. The battlefield has chigger bugs so there is a possiblity the bite was from there. On Friday night all 26 rooms stripped their rooms and only a dead milipede,dead stink bugs and a tick were found in three rooms. All guests with problems were moved to other rooms by two on duty staff members and two off duty staff members. Everything was fine at 11pm. Then in the morning it was found their bus tire was flat and they needed to get it repaired. They said getting it repaired meant they had no money to pay for lunch.We had several guests and staff member who overheard members of this group complaining and mentioning they would get their stay free. First they said all their rooms had bedbugs which the front desk manager argued with them about. Then they claimed they had no breakfast, which was wrong since they were having food fights with it . We had a full house
Friday and Saturday and NO other guests complained about bugs. During this wait to get the bus tire fixed the students were jumping out windows, throwing ice buckets and wearing them on their heads. Later we found most of these students were from the projects in New York. This group skipped out on it's hotel bill so the police were called. Since they left all rooms have been rented by other groups and no one has complained about bed bugs.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nearly half of our school group who occupied 26 rooms found bed bugs in their rooms or were bitten. The staff seemed very unconcerned and did little or nothing to remedy the situation and continued to accept other guests. The first few people to discover the bedbugs did have their rooms changed, but later the staff said there was nothing they could do because there were so many of us. They placed other guests into the very same room where the first bugs were found, which were all over the mattress and bed skirts.They were rude to several members of our group, telling our principal to clean the bugs off the mattress himself. This was an outrageous lack of customer service and professionalism. They obviously were not taking any steps to remedy the situation.

Rainbow City, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were traveling to Gettysburg National Battlefield and decided to stay at Comfort Inn based on other reviews posted here. The clerk at the desk was helpful and professional. The room was very clean and well prepared. The hotel is easy to find and located in an area of hotels which seemed to be safe. When we left, we left an item behind and when I called to ask about it, it had been located by the staff and is being shipped to our house. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Gettysburg area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice review at our hotel. We are glad that you were pleased by your accomodations. Our staff are professional at their jobs. Our housekeeping staff take pride in providing the hotel with the cleanest rooms. We accomodate thousands of people per year and try to make everyone stay memorable. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in this Comfort Inn while visiting Gettysburg College with a group of students and parents. At first it was nice, but I was concerned about the lack of professionalism when a staff member's 3 year old grandaughter was running around the hotel unattended. Later in the evening one of our group members' was bitten by a bed bug in her room. She was given a new room, but shortly thereafter 7 other members from our group also discovered bed bugs in their rooms! The staff was incompetent and unresponsive. They asked one of our group members to remove dead stink bugs from their own room--when we insisted a staff member do it, she retorted "add another hour to my timecard!". One of our 12 year old group members was bitten and left with welts all over his stomach, back and chest. We brought examples of the bed bugs to the front desk---they did nothing. In fact they continued to check in guests and in the end insisted that we pay for a night at the hotel. This Comfort Inn continues to accept guests and has not addressed this issue.

Vernon, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is very close to the Visitor Center which was very convenient for us. We had time to go to the Visitor Center, take a tour, and get back to the hotel for check out. The staff was very courteous, the hotel was clean and breakfast was your usual fare; decent.but nothing to talk about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on the hotel. We are very close to the Gettysburg attractions. Whether by car or the local trolley you can be there within no time. Thank you for praising our hotel staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. Our hotel ranks as one of the cleanest for Choice Hotels! We all take pride in keeping the hotel as immaculate as possible for our guests. Thank you for your comments on our breakfast . We enjoyed having you stay and appreciated your comments! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at a number of Choice Hotels and I usually find that the Comfort Inn chain is most consistent. The Comfort Inn Gettysburg on York Road met all my expectations. While the hotel is not particularly close to the historic areas, Gettysburg is small enough so that all the attractions are within a short drive. In addition, the trolley shuttle stops near the hotel and will take you downtown or to the battlefield. We got a good rate for being slightly further out ($71/night plus tax with the AAA discount) and you get a lot for the money. The room itself was rather large and included a refrigerator and microwave in addition to the usual amenities. The layout of the room suggests that it is an older property which has been renovated (a very small bathroom with a sink and vanity in the main room is more typical of older hotels). However, everything was clean and well maintained. There is a small but clean indoor pool and hot tub. The included breakfast is standard for Choice Hotels (which is fine but not great) and the breakfast area was bigger than others I’ve seen. All in all, the Comfort Inn Gettysburg is a very good mid-priced option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review. We appreciated the comments about the hotel being reasonably priced and clean.We try to keep our rates as reasonable as possible. We do have the added amenities such as microwaves, refrigerators, in room safes, hair dryers, 42 inch flat screen televisions and in room coffee makers with irons and ironing boards. Though we are located on the outskirts of town we are within minutes of all attractions. The local bus trolley does stop in front of the property and it is free. This transports our guests around to all Gettysburg attractions in case they don't want to drive. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg? Share your experiences!