“My Stay at the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg Pa.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   871 York Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“My Stay at the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg Pa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am the type to complain and yes i am from New York so i try and get what i need and i like every thing neat and clean and my way.Well let me say i have been around the world and all around the USA and stayed at many places.For the first time in my life at a stay at a hotel or motel i am speechless.I could not find one thing wrong at all.My stay was the best stay ever.The rooms were so clear and did not smell.I bought 2 small dogs with me and my mom.My mom complains at every little thing in life.She also could not find any thing wrong.The Manager and staff made our stay wonderful.I came to Gettysburg to look at houses to see if i wanted to move there.The people in that area are so wonderful.So much respect and pride and honor.The food there oh my god for the first time i got a great breakfast and a real one too.Hot and good.All the other places i stayed i was not happy with and was always cold.I never ate breakfast at these places.I was gonna stay just 2 days and because my stay was so good and the manager and stuff was so good and kind i stayed 3 days just to injoy my self.This is the best stay ever.I stayed at every place in Gettysburg Pa. except this one.From know on this will be my first pick and i will send every one there way.Great job Y'all and thank you for my stay there it was the best yet and know i will buy a house for sure there.Every one who stayed there when i did was so very happy.Not one problem to complain about. Respectfully Submitted Gunny Jerome USMC

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
gmpa120, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your beautiful comments although the first sentence scared me at first. We are extremely happy you couldn't find anything wrong. We strive to satisfy our guests. Thank you so much for mentioning our great breakfast. It is the new breakfast for Comfort Inn and we have had excellent comments about it.Everyone loves the sausages, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, two flavored waffles, three types of fruit, cereals, muffins, assorted breads and danishes. Thank you for mentioning the rooms were great also. We do our best to accommodate our guests. We feel we have the most immaculate housekeepers. We hope that you do move to Gettysburg and hope you will stop in and see us from time to time. We enjoyed having you all as our guests and our new friends! Thank you again for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Bath, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

When entering this hotel I could immediately smell the mildew, but we had been traveling all day and were very tired so we let it go. The room was ok, definitely needs a renovation though. The AC unit was the only bad thing with the room, it had mold on it as well as in the window above it. The worst part of our stay was the pool. As soon as you walked it you could see mold everwhere and condensation was dripping from the ceiling. It was like it was raining inside the room, all the pool furniture was soaked so you couldn't sit without wiping them down. My friends just wanted to go in the hot tub, but upon closer inspection we found a used band-aid floating in the water. This hotel in conviently located near shops and restaurants, but if you are staying long term I would look elsewhere. Also when we arrived there was nobody at the desk, we waited for awhile before we saw a sign and number to call. The girl was outside smoking and took her time coming in to help us. We also went to the desk to get more towels and again the girl was outside smoking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. I am very sorry for the problems with the pool area. We remodeled the pool area in March 2013. There appeared to be a problem with our Desert Aire system to remove condensation and the company that repaired it was having problems finding the parts so it took a while. Our guests did not want the pool shut down so we kept it open until the parts arrived, since we had the only usable pool out of the three hotels in this area. Then we shut it down for two weeks to remodel and repair. I am also sorry for the staff member who was working during that time. She was new and is no longer with us. Our staff is trained to put the guests first and be professional. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future so you can check out the changes in the pool area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We only had a chance to stay just one night here at the Comfort Inn. While it is a simple, out of the way, standard type hotel - great for skiers or history buffs taking advantage of the local culture and fun - it was well worth the cost for the night.

The room was nice with good beds and great cable options. The property has a nice little indoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast in the morning was just about perfect.

This pet friendly hotel went out of their way to reassure me my pet would be ok in the room, despite his initial barking. "That happens all the time, your baby will calm down." I offered to stay back and let my friend go to ski for the day but the staff at the Comfort insisted I go as planned. "We will call you if we need to. No one has checked in down that hall yet...etc."

They were great. I suppose you can go wrong with this hotel for the simple ammenities offered, they blew me away.

Room Tip: Ask for something at the end of the hallway if you have a traveling pet. Less noise to disturbe your...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
gmpa120, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I'd like to thank you for your great comments regarding the staff. As a pet friendly hotel we try to treat your pets like they are ours too. Most of the staff have pets and we are one of the few hotels in Gettysburg that have pet friendly rooms. We are happy you thought our staff was super friendly. We undergo continous training on improving guest services. Our breakfast is the new improved "Your Morning Breakfast' through Choice Hotels and we have had nothing but great comments about it. Thank you again for your nice comments and we look forward to having you and your precious pet back in the near future.
Colebrook, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel seems old but rooms are ok... They should fix the ac unit in the room... Even when turn off works on and off and very noisy... Water noise and fan doesn't stop!!! Tried to unplug it but cable is fixed too strongly to the wall...

The shower head was also defective...

There was a nice huge flat screen tv and good wifi Internet...

Fridge and microwave in room and big spacious king bed room...

Service was good, breakfast was decent...

Not the best Comfort Inn I've been to but not the worst either... Looks more like a Quality Inn....

Good for one night when travelling...

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your nice comments regarding the hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed our new 32 inch flat screen televisions and new high speed internet access. We just upgraded our internet to the best we could find with a new provider who has been awesome at providing guest service for some guests that are not so computer literate.Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

too many sports teams staying on weekends. these children are un supervised many times roaming hotel and pool area. Good lodging if no youth teams are staying. The kids where loud, cramming into hot tub, one even had on a diaper. The parent need to really supervise the kids and respect the peace other adults are seeking after 8:30 pm. On short they need a quiet hour and no kids in spa area after a certain hour. The staff told me some folks just let the kids run wild while the adults go eat and get drunk.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately there are probably 5 weekends a year we have soccer/baseball groups at the hotel. These groups are to be supervised. We have drawn up a contract for sports teams to read and obey during their time here to eliminate any future problems. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean and safe hotel please don't stay here. The pool and pool area is disgusting! Mold all over, debris floating in the pool. Rooms probably had a recent remodel/revamp, but the bathroom sink water lines were reversed and after using the bathroom I burned my hands. As if our nights rest wasn't bad enough, we were approached by the staff member on duty and were asked about our service. Upon our conversation the staff member began to escalate a hostile situation and she promptly called the law authority. Staff member continued to verbally assault us. We were very glad to leave and I will be finding a place to post the absolutely disgusting and horrid pictures of the pool area.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. Unfortunately you neglected to mention the pool area was under renovation. The pool area floor was just painted and the filters were cleaned that day.. Processes of working on the renovation can only be done a section at a time. You failed to take a picture of the note posted at the front desk. The pool is now completed and the spa is being painted. Instead of the front desk assaulting you she was the one who called the police on you for verbally assaulting her and causing a scene in the lobby disrupting guests. Everything is on camera plus we have the names of the five people in the lobby when this transferred. Unfortunately due to this incident and the police report you are never to return to this property.
New Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently ran a band festival in the area which included 137 students. I chose to stay at this hotel because the group price they quoted couldn't be beat! In addition, throughout the entire process the managers were extremely cooperative and organized which made my job a lot easier. And during our stay, the hotel was clean plus when all of those kids came down for breakfast, there was plenty of food ready for everyone. I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are planning a group event in the Gettysburg area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmpa120, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We always enjoy have school, bands and tour groups at the hotel. We have plenty of seating in our hotel to accomodate for groups as well as plenty of bus parking. We have had larger groups than yours at breakfast time but we always make sure there is plenty of good food! Your group was great! They were well behaved and chaperoned. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future!

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Gettysburg? Share your experiences!