“Was a great place to stay for our anniversary trip close to everything.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge

You added Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   205 Steinwehr Ave., Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Watsontown
“Was a great place to stay for our anniversary trip close to everything.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed Wednesday and Thursday night and it was great. The location is walking distance to everything you'll need and the staff was very knowledgable and helpful with all questions. The motel is older, but it was clean and comfortable. I also felt very safe. We are looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I have stayed at this motel several times as I am a annual visitor to Gettysburg.
Everytime I have had no complaints. David Paynter was very helpful in every way to make sure my stay was enjoyable. Everything is centrally located which is very important to me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Poconos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I recently stayed at the Budget Host. I was traveling with my mother so I wanted us to be close to the park and restaurants. This motel is just that. 5 miutes from the battlefield and just across the street from the National Cemetery and the Dobbins House is within walking distance.
Now the motel is cheap, $55 a night so I wasn't expecting to have 4 star accommodations by any means, but what I did expect was for the place to at least be clean. The room was quite filthy. There were cobwebs everywhere and the carpet was filthy. It seemed like the housekeepers just vacuumed the center of the room and that was it. The bathroom was small, but at least it was clean.
Another problem with the place is the road noise. This place is not for the light sleeper. I was constantly awakened by the sounds of motorcycles, trucks, etc. Not really the motels fault, but I honestly didn't sleep for more than 4 hours per night.
I might stay here again if the housekeeping staff would do a better job and if I remember to bring ear plugs. Because as I have said before the motel is very close to everything.

• Stayed September 2009
Manitowoc, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

The excellent customer service and location of this motel were the cherry on top of the sundae. For a low price motel Three Crowns really gives you 5 star customer service. I would really recommend this hotel to any and everyone.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Nowata OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

The owner seemed very nice but the place was very old and not maintained. Our room had been vacumed only in the middle of the room-not under the tables at all. The a/c was very noisy and the bathroom was very small and needed a good scrubbing. The caulking had mildew in it. The room was just way too small for our family of four. It had two things good, the furniture looked fairly new and the pool was clean. There was a man that looked homless sleeping in a chair just before dark at the pool. Kinda creepy! We spent one night here at $70 and moved down the street the next night for $100 and it was worth the $30 extra to feel safe and clean. I guess if you're used to the Bronx, this place is okay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Budget Host two nights and were both very pleased. The room was very very clean and comfortable and we liked the fact that we could park our car right in front of our room. The air conditioner worked very well keeping our room cool. The pool was very clean also. The motel is located within walking distance to all the museums and right across the street from The National Cemetery and many many restaraunts. During our two day stay, we only had to drive our vehicle once and that was to go to the grocery store to get drinks etc to have in the refrigerator in our room. It was nice to wake up in the mornings to fresh coffee and danish pastries located in the lobby. However, the best part of our stay at The Budget Host was most definitely the staff. Our first day there, we had trouble with the internet connection but this was very quickly resolved by the desk clerk and we had internet connection then the rest of our stay with no problems. The house keeping staff was awesome and friendly as well. The manager there was awesome and treated us like royalty. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
South-East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

There is nothing wrong with this hotel, it'd quiet, at the top of avery charming street, close to Gettysburg battlefield and a short walk to all the charming little shops and restaurants. I saw someone say the parking was good, and it is. Being able to park outside your door is definitely a plus - especially if you're luggage is as heavy as ours. It was all one level, had a nice pool, free breakfast which is sufficient considering it's free.
The rooms were spacious, had everything a normal hotel room has. Kind of old and tired, but clean and fresh.
If you're on a budget, then there is nothing to complain about. The location is nice, and perfect for strolling up and down all the shops and historic buildings. Really friendly area, with really pretty houses everywhere.
Couldn't get an internet connection which wad a downside for us, but everything else was great.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!