“A 4 for value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Syracuse,NY
“A 4 for value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great location. Clean room. Very dated. No microwave or coffee maker. There was a small fridge. We were in rooms 123-124.There was a weird, intermittent banging noise that I think came from the heat source ( probably boiler pipes). This place squeaks in with a 4 because it's cheap.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay. I found it here. The decor is not modern. It was fairly clean and quiet. The doors use a metal key. That should tell you a little about how modern the furnishings are. The location is amazing. You are across the street from the National Cemetery where Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address. You are also a short distance from the main battlefield and downtown.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I read the reviews before booking this room as I do with all hotels...sometimes I wonder if I stay at the same place as the other reviewers! The location is great but the room we stayed in was just gross. No, I didn't complain mostly because my husband didn't want me to but I figured I could at least write about it now so others will know. He thought it was a nasty room too but figured we were only there to walk around a bit and to sleep before traveling on so there was no sense in complaining. The other room that family members were in was cleaner and it didn't smell bad like the room we were in. I had to spray perfume to get our room to smell better. The sink looked like someone had just brushed their teeth and their hair.The fridge was dirty and the a/c had dust all over it. It is a very old place and desperately needs to be updated but the biggest thing is that it should just be clean and smell fresh! I used to clean hotel rooms and I would have been fired if I had left a room like that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
staten island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Came to Gettysburg for the haunted walk thru. We stayed at the Budget Host on Oct 18-20. It was perfect. Great location close to everything did not have to drive anywhere. The rooms were clean and Mark the manager was great. Any questions we had he answered them. I would definitely return to this hotel. Oo and the price is awesome too. The beds were very comfy also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Salem, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I highly recommend this as a clean and comfortable place to stay for a very good price. We had everything we needed and the staff was very friendly. Easy check in and check out. Manager very helpful. Nice continental breakfast. Perfect location for walking to attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were in town for the Gettysburg Blue-Gray Half Marathon and this hotel, even though it was a 10-15 min. drive to the race starting/finish line, was a good choice. The price was right & it's close to all the other spots that we like to visit while in Gettysburg. Good restaurants, various shops, The Soldier's National Cemetery, & tour companies are nearby. The owner & his staff were pleasant as always. The room is a little dated but it was clean, had plenty of towels & the beds/pillows were comfortable. Small fridge for sodas or water, which some more expensive places tend to lack. Perfect place for the traveler on a budget. This was our second stay & I am sure we'll visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Archbald, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Clean with a friendly staff. We had no trouble checking in (we used priceline) and our room was ready for us. It seems a lot of people are looking for a 5 star continental breakfast for some reason, so if you're a big stickler for the continental breakfast, know that it's just coffee and Danish. I just had coffee and it was good. I saw the custodian outside with his cart and asked him for an extra roll of toilet paper and he was ready to give me the whole cart! "Do you need shampoo, soap, extra towels, etc...anything you need, you just let me know!" Fabulous! We will stay again!

• Stayed October 2013
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!