“Great Motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Great Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I loved this motel! It is in the perfect location, you can walk to almost everything from there. The price is also very good. The rooms are good with comfy beds. I can't say enough about how friendly the man at the desk was! I wish all motels/hotels had people as nice as this man was!!! In my opinion you can't go wrong with this motel. I will stay here every time I am in Gettysburg!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a no-frills motel. There is not a microwave in the rooms, but there is a small refrigerator. The rooms are clean. The best thing about this motel is that you can walk to a large amount of tourist-type stores and the super price!! The office staff were super nice and friendly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What hotel/motel owner walks around the parking lot chit chattin with his guest? Mark does!
He makes you feel very welcome and full of information of the area ( all around nice guy ). Room was CLEAN and prices are very fair. I have stayed here many times and I trust his staff to ensure a CLEAN room every day of my stay. Very motorcycle friendly aswell. 2 thumbs up Mark and to your staff.
Thanks for everything,
Chad B.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

No frills and very old everything, but comfortable and quiet for downtown Gettysburg. No microwaves in the rooms, but there is one in the office. No coffee till after 7 a.m. and the continental breakfast is sparse. Rooms are spacious for the $$$. Park your car right in front of your room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here while in gettysburg. Mark was a pleasure to deal with and took very good care of our family. He recommended places to park, visit, eat, and even offered to let us use his cd's for the auto tour. It was awesome! The rooms were plenty good for what we needed. They were clean and comfy. I would stay here again. The pool was a nice treat for the kids. Thanks Mark!

• Stayed August 2013
Livingston, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days. Not once did they clean my room. Left pizza boxes, etc in room. Didnt vacuum. just made beds and that's unacceptable. Other then that location was good. No microwave in room as it said. Mattress was real bad. Breakfast consisted of danishes first day and where stale. Said he needed to go to store. He did the following day. Location is excellent. Restaurants near by are good. Don't stay here more then 2 days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had Gettysburg on my 'bucket list' for many years, so when looking for a place to stay, I wanted a place close to the battlefield so I could walk to the places to visit. This place filled that need, being directly across the street from the Soldiers National Cemetery. I walked to every location on the main battle line, ventured over the ground of Picketts charge, (3 times...both ways), explored Culps Hill, even walked to the visitors center.And, as an added bonus, walked into town to numerous restaurants,shops,and other attractions. All the while seeing others search for secure parking for all the above. Some say this place has no work out facilities, Gettysburg is its own work out facility. Not only providing walking to locations, (and encountering all the little treasures between locations that you would not experience if you were driving), but walking up and down hills, slopes and ridges. (great cardio work out). Plus it has a well kept pool to cool off in after a hot day of exploring. The room was super comfy, offering both a supportive bed and a plush mattress in my double, for whatever needs you may have. Sound insulation was excellent, the only way I knew if someone was in the room next to me is if the parking space was filled. All mechanicals were in good repair, TV with cable kept me in touch with the real world as did a quick Wi-Fi. (great for planning a day and the weather). Coffee, juice, and pastries/doughnuts enough to get the day started was always available at the office, where I could also meet others that came to Gettysburg for the same reason, and exchange stories, thoughts, ideas... All were very friendly, especially Mark, the manager, who would sincerely check to make sure all your needs were being met, and offer ideas if you were short of any yourself. I cannot say enough about the parking, right outside my door. How incredibly convenient this is with unloading, loading, forgot something in the car..., something one doesn't think about when making reservations, but comes to find is a real treat. Air conditioning worked as it should, (plus had a big plus for me being a smoker), filtering the air so I was not in a room with a cloud of smoke constantly lingering. This was one of a very few places that advertised smoking rooms, which was great for me, but I found myself to be going outside frequently to chat with others that weren't in a smoking room. (smokers are typically a very social group). Price was an added bonus, with the 3 Crowns offering all I needed at a price half of what other places were charging, (this allowed me to spend my hard earned cash on things I came here to see and experience). I'm a private person, and keep things tidy myself, so I requested no daily cleaning, which was respected. (something other places I've stayed haven't respected in the past). One of the best features of the location was venturing out at night. I felt very safe strolling around after everything was closed, and allowed me to get a very spiritually in touch with this 'hallowed ground'. I found this feature to be better experienced at night, when all was quiet, and the hustle and bustle of the day was at rest. The senses are consumed with these distractions during the day, but at night... no noise, no traffic, very little light, I found myself connecting with the lingering emotions/thoughts left by those who gave the 'final, full measure of devotion'. It's there, and very much alive, just in a way our preoccupied senses have a difficult time connecting with during the day. Which was the 'perfect' part of the 3 Crowns stay. Instead of driving from a hotel 2 to 3 miles away, finding a place to park, and exploring this aspect; all I had to do is walk across the street, and up the hill. Having extensively researched and read about the history of Gettysburg. This is why I really came, but didn't know if I would find it. I did, and thanks to the 3 Crowns for helping me. Chose This Place to Stay! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!