“Great Value; Excellent Location; Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
205 Steinwehr Ave., Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #16 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Value; Excellent Location; Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

You can't beat the value or the location. The owner has recently renovated and updated most of the rooms. My recent trip was cut short by a Spring snow storm and the staff was very helpful in getting me out ahead of the storm. It's location right across from the battlefield and near many restaurants and gift shops makes it possible to enjoy many of Gettysburg's attractions without getting in your car.

Room Tip: The rooms nearest the office have the best wifi reception.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed there for a trip last year. The owner had ongoing renovations that appeared to be competently carried out. Our room was well worth the money, and the location is as convenient as advertised. We were able to walk to many of the sights, including a ghost tour, of which there are several. If you need a sparkling new hotel with the latest amenities, this may not be for you. If you are a little old fashioned, and are pleased with reasonable accommodations for a reasonable price, this motel fills the bill ! The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. I truly hope this gem can continue to survive so we can enjoy it again !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Spent the day at Gettysburg with my wife and stayed here for one night. The location can't be beat. After finishing the battlefield auto tour, I plugged the address of the motel into my GPS to find out that it was only .3 miles away. The rate was great as well. In fact, it was the cheapest available on the travel websites for the day that we visited. On top of those two important factors was the attitude of the staff. The man working the desk took care of everything very quickly and offered some great advice on other attractions in the area. Will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Gettysburg.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have to admit I was very apprehensive when chosing this hotel. It looks a bit run down and I have never heard of the chain. However I was pleasantly surprised.

The room was clean, in fact it had new carpet. The bed comfortably yet a little small. The blankets are your standard hotel blankets. I never have an issue cause I bring my own.

The bathroom was clean and the tub is still blue! I remember these tubs from years ago. The sink is outside the bathroom which I like cause you can still do things when someone is showering or in the bathroom for what ever reason. When you have children this is a bonus.

It is right across the street from the national cemetery and cemetery hill is right around the corner. I loved being able to walk to things with the children. Packing kids into a car is a hassel, especially when they are very young. These two never wanted to leave the room. So being able to walk out the door was very very good for me. They have little benches to sit on out side the rooms. Our three year old had the best time opening the door and walking outside to see things. She would have made other guests miserable had we stayed in a place that was on a second floor opening to a hallway. She talks very LOUD.

There is a wide range of tv stations too for those who stay in the room and watch tv. I have stayed at nicer places here that have very few stations.

I imagine they allow pets here as well cause I heard a dog barking outside one of the rooms while the kids were playing.

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Nice hotel. Staff was great. Convenient location. If you're looking for a fancy place this is not for you but if you want a homey environment its perfect. I would definitely stay again.

One last thing, parking and traffic gets very bad here at times beginning in march. This place was excellent for those who prefer to avoid driving. Don't miss the Diarama when here! It's awesome and right around the corner. No driving!

• Stayed March 2013
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Immaculate, centrally located, and great staff. My first visit will not be my last. Though older,the furnishings were updated and the beds were comfy. No restaurant, but many within walking distance and is just down the road from the park entrance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at this motel back in August 2012. The staff was very helpful and friendly and even let us get into our room a little early (which was much appreciated after a long drive!). The room was clean and comfortable. The motel has a fabulous location which is in close walking distance to many areas of interest. The price was also reasonable. The Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge is a solid deal and I would happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, friendly place to stay, the Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge is the place you are looking for. My family and I have stayed there six times in the last five years. The motel is located in the middle of everything. It's within walking distance of most of the places you will what to visit. Make your reservations a couple of weeks ahead to ensure you will get a room. The room rates are very reasonable and the pool is a nice place to cool off after a long day of sightseeing. To see a good part of Gettysburg, plan on staying three or four days. I can never get enough of seeing the history of Gettysburg and knowing about the Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge I know I'll be able to stay for several days every time I can visit Gettysburg.

Room Tip: I have stayed in five of the rooms and they are all the same great quality.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!