“Taste of Gettysburg with real folks” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“Taste of Gettysburg with real folks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Locals recommended Ernie's Texas Lunch and we are so glad we went for breakfast which also turned into a lunch. Quaint, 3 generations run, same waitress for the past 20 years or so who took our order (like people said, no writing down), made us our "chili onion hotdog" which was out of the world, even at 9am, and ordered our "breakfast". Not from the south, unlike my friend, I was afraid to try the SOS over potatoes, ordered the potatoes with onions but kept eating her potatoes with chipped bear in cream sauce. Daily, a group of "girls" come for breakfast and eat in the back. One of the husbands comes by himself and eats separately at the next table.. I felt like I was in a movie show and made some new best friends. They were so funny and friendly. Most of them can trace their family back to the Gettysburg battles and have familiar last names.Great conclusion to our 4 day trip.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reamstown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Simple Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

They only do a limited type of food but ohhh do they do it well. The hot dogs and fries are fantastic! Don't go if you want fancy. Go if you want a great inexpensive down home cooking lunch.

Visited October 2012
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“Quick, hot and good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hot Dog with Everything, French Fries with Gravy-Excellent! A must if coming to town. Can have a nice cold beer with that dog too!

Visited February 2013
Conway, South Carolina
“Down home and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a local place for breakfast today. I'm not really a chain restaurant guy and search for the out-of-the-way places. Although this is right in the center of the town of Gettysburg, this is definitely a local place. It's your basic diner with good food and a friendly atmosphere. I met some really nice people here as well. You will not be disappointed. Nothing fancy, just good home cooking.

Visited April 2013
Augusta
“Good Place for Lunch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My Wife & I had Lunch here, the parking is the worst part, we went in March & barely got a spot on the street, as it's located in the middle of the business district, nice looking little place, good service, nice waitress, I got the Deluxe Burger, the Texas Weiner that has chili & Onions & Mustard, & Fries, my Wife got the Bean Soup, & & she also got the Texas dog, the Texas Weiner was very good, the Burger was pretty average, the fries also average, I had read in several other reviews here, that all 3 items were very good & had to be ordered, so I did, but to me, nothing special, the Dog was good, I would go back for it, my Wife's Bean Soup looked great, but tasted about as plain as it could get, she added a good amount of pepper & salt & it helped some, nice little spot to eat Lunch, but I would only go back for the Texas weiner, prices were very good.

• Visited March 2013