I use tripadvisor for every trip I go on and theres certain things I look at:
1. Location- the Brickhouse Inn is in a great spot, it is a little bit of a walk to the downtown Area but super close to the cemetary (where Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg address), and lots of cute little shops.
2. Parking- the Brickhouse Inn had a lot behind the BB, there are many stairs to the front from the parking lot so you may want to park in front unload the bags and then go to the back, also many stairs to the rooms so try to pack light.
3. Breakfast- very good, right at 8:30 but that was fine for us as it got us going early. We loved sitting on the patio as the garden is absolutely beautiful!!! The place is very well taken care of. It was nice to sit in the garden in the afternoon with a good book. We met a lovely couple at breakfast and it was such a nice start to our day.
4. Innkeepers- Brian was not at the Inn, however he arranged an awesome guided tour for us of Gettysburg with John Weixel (THE BEST AND WORTH EVERY PENNY-DONT TOUR IT BY YOURSELF!!) and Tessa seemed to be preoccupied, but very nice, so the manager helped us with everything we needed and she was an absolute Doll.
Only downside was from the noise of the wall air conditioner, the temperature was fine, and it had a remote control, however, when it would reach the right temp it would stop and then start up again (loud enough to wake us up). We didn't bring it to anyones attention because there were so many great things about the Inn that far outweighed the noise of the air conditioner. We also stayed in the Virginia room which is one of the smaller rooms and the other rooms may not have had this problem.
Even with the air conditioner, this was a very nice BB and I recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast