We really enjoyed our two-night stay here in the "Alabama room". It was in the Welty house, which dates to the Battle and still has bullet holes in the walls. The room was very clean and comfy. Our only minor gripe was a faux-fireplace unit that we could not get to turn on. Brian, the owner, had shown it to us on the day we arrived, and had mentioned it was tricky. We could never get it to turn on afterwards. This was not a big deal, however, as the room had another heat source.
The location is perfect, within easy walking distance of several restaurants, shops, and spots on Cemetery Hill. The inn itself is beautiful. Cookies were available in the afternoon, as well as drinks in the fridge. Coffee was also available. The breakfasts were very tasty and filling. An appetizer is offered as well as several choices of pie or other goodies for desert. Tessa, the other owner, was concerned one morning when I didn't eat all of my parfait (I don't enjoy kiwi). She seemed genuinely interested in making sure I was pleased with the meal.
Speaking of Tessa and Brian, I would say they maybe aren't as interactive with the guests as a few other B&Bs I've stayed at. To me, this is fine - I prefer not to be smothered. My wife agrees. I think they tend to be perhaps a little more formal in their hosting. We are probably on the young side for B&B guests (in our late 20s), but they didn't make us feel unwelcome at all.
Altogether, I can't say anything but positives about the Brickhouse Inn. It will certainly be on our list to return to the next time we visit Gettysburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast