“What a place !!!! Cant wait to return !” 5 of 5 stars

Brafferton Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   44 York Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #8 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Avenel, New Jersey
“What a place !!!! Cant wait to return !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and myself just spent 2 nights here celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary.
We stayed in the Brafferton Suite and I must say what an absolutely wonderful time.
Large spacious room with hot tub sitting room and shared outside porch !
Absolutely spotless !!. Brian is a awesome cook and offers several breakfast choices, all which are fantastic. My wife and myself loved the apple cinnamon muffins !! Home made by Joan the owner.

Room Tip: Large spacious suite

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your room and our breakfasts! Hopefully we can host you again sometime soon!

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Jackson,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Really can't think of anything negative to say about the Brafferton Inn!! It was a VERY pleasant stay. We have been to Gettysburg countless times, but have never stayed at the Brafferton Inn, which is conveniently located in the center of town. We now know where we'll always stay!
The breakfasts were incredible. The owners and staff couldn't have been any nicer. Our room, the Brafferton Suite, was large, beautifully decorated, and we slept soundly in the comfortable king-size bed.
Definitely looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: The Brafferton Suite has it's own parking space behind the Inn, which was a big plus.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I spent this past weekend at the Brafferton Inn. The Inn was so very nice. The staff was friendly, the room very clean and the breakfast was delicious. They have a choice of 3 or 4 entrees for breakfast. We stayed in the Brafferton Suite which is very large. The bed was very comfortable, the room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully. I think the Brafferton Inn will become our regular place when we come to Gettysburg. I can't imagine staying anywhere else now.

Room Tip: The Brafferton Suite includes a parking spot for your car, although the municipal letbisnright behin...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We would love to host you again on your next trip to Gettysburg!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I just stayed for 2 nights at the Brafferton Inn. We stayed in Dorothy's Hideaway and we loved it. This room was in a separate building, 2 doors down from the main house so it felt like we had our own entrance. The room itself was a very nice size, the bathroom was very large and also had a nice large jacuzzi tub. We also had our own huge balcony, however it was WAY too hot outside to use it which was a bummer. The room was also very modern and updated. Breakfast both mornings was fantastic. They give fruit, a pastry and then we got 4 choices each morning for the main course. And it was all delicious! There were 3 seating times for breakfast which was also convenient.

The Inn itself is right in downtown so when it isn't over 100 degrees out, it is very nice to be able to walk to shopping and food. The only downside is the parking meters, but we thought it would be worse than it was and it turned out to not be a big deal at all. Parking is free 8pm-8am and if you are driving through the battlefield during the day, or are in and out, it isn't a huge inconvenience. There was a parking lot around the corner that was $.25 an hour which was a nice deal.

Joan showed us around when we got there and didn't leave out a single detail. We got a tour of the main floor and she showed us around the ins and outs. She walked with us to our room and even gave us suggestions for ghost tours (Ghosts of Gettysburg--really cool!) and dinner (Garryowen's Irish Pub--excellent).

Overall, we had a great, relaxing time and can't wait to go back!

Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Summertime visits with our 12 year old granddaughter are very precious and special and this year we chose to visit Gettysburg and the Battlefield Park. Our stay at the Brafferton Inn capped off a wonderful visit in time. Our hosts were welcoming and totally engaged in making us feel at home. The accomodations were superb! From comfortable beds to modern showers to little touches such as the cookies and Kuerig coffee, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. And the breakfast....... wonderful. A delicious choice of eggs, pancakes, muffins, fruit, and coffee awaited us. We left completely satisfied. The Brafferton was everything an Inn should be! And what did our granddaughter think? She said "This is great. When can we come again?"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We had a wonderful time meeting you and your grand daughter! Hopefully we can host you again in the future!
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Brafferton for only one night (unfortunately). My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owners are very informative, helpful, and available. The afternoon cookies are great and a Kuerig coffee maker is always available with many choices plus hot chocolate. At breakfast we had our choice of several entrees and the lemon poppy muffins were so delicious. We were in the Olde Master room and it states on their website that there is some street noise. Even though it was bike weekend, the noise was not a problem and we slept well. We would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much. We had a wonderful time meeting you! We are so glad you enjoyed the lemon poppy seed puff pastries. They are a real hit! Hopefully we can host you longer next time.
Latrobe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been going to Gettysburg at least 1/2 dozens times a year for the past 32 years. Over the years, I have stayed at just about every B&B in town, as well as, many of the hotels. Nine years ago I stayed at the Brafferton for the first time. It was also the first time that I met the current owners, Joan, Brian and AmyBeth Hodges. They had only owned the Brafferton 3 weeks when I stayed the first time. Since then, I have stayed almost exclusively at the Brafferton. The only time that I don't stay there is when I am traveling with my young grandsons. I love the Brafferton and the Hodges! First, the Brafferton, itself, is lovely. It is impeccably clean, well maintained, and beautifully decorated. Second, the breakfasts are delicious...when you stay, I hope you are lucky enough to be there when Joan is serving her Lemon Poppy Seed Puffs! And finally, the Hodges and their staff are wonderful. From the first time that I stayed nine years ago until now, they have made me feel welcome and at home. They have gone out of their way many times to accommodate me especially when I was traveling for business and had to leave very early in the morning before breakfast was being served. They actually packed me "to go" breakfasts which included one of the homemade muffins, fruit, and yogurt, and they also made sure that I had a travel mug for my morning tea. I am not sure what more they could possibly do to help ensure a great stay in and visit to Gettysburg. Honestly, you are missing one of Gettysburg's true gems if you don't stay at the Brafferton!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review Elaine! We have been blessed to have met you back in 2005, and cherish the time when we can host you. You have truly become part of the family. Have a great summer and we will see you again soon!

Been to Brafferton Inn? Share your experiences!