“A Shared Experience with our Granddaughter” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Lusby, Maryland
“A Shared Experience with our Granddaughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Summertime visits with our 12 year old granddaughter are very precious and special and this year we chose to visit Gettysburg and the Battlefield Park. Our stay at the Brafferton Inn capped off a wonderful visit in time. Our hosts were welcoming and totally engaged in making us feel at home. The accomodations were superb! From comfortable beds to modern showers to little touches such as the cookies and Kuerig coffee, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. And the breakfast....... wonderful. A delicious choice of eggs, pancakes, muffins, fruit, and coffee awaited us. We left completely satisfied. The Brafferton was everything an Inn should be! And what did our granddaughter think? She said "This is great. When can we come again?"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We had a wonderful time meeting you and your grand daughter! Hopefully we can host you again in the future!
The Hodges Family

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Brafferton for only one night (unfortunately). My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owners are very informative, helpful, and available. The afternoon cookies are great and a Kuerig coffee maker is always available with many choices plus hot chocolate. At breakfast we had our choice of several entrees and the lemon poppy muffins were so delicious. We were in the Olde Master room and it states on their website that there is some street noise. Even though it was bike weekend, the noise was not a problem and we slept well. We would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much. We had a wonderful time meeting you! We are so glad you enjoyed the lemon poppy seed puff pastries. They are a real hit! Hopefully we can host you longer next time.
The Hodges Family
Latrobe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been going to Gettysburg at least 1/2 dozens times a year for the past 32 years. Over the years, I have stayed at just about every B&B in town, as well as, many of the hotels. Nine years ago I stayed at the Brafferton for the first time. It was also the first time that I met the current owners, Joan, Brian and AmyBeth Hodges. They had only owned the Brafferton 3 weeks when I stayed the first time. Since then, I have stayed almost exclusively at the Brafferton. The only time that I don't stay there is when I am traveling with my young grandsons. I love the Brafferton and the Hodges! First, the Brafferton, itself, is lovely. It is impeccably clean, well maintained, and beautifully decorated. Second, the breakfasts are delicious...when you stay, I hope you are lucky enough to be there when Joan is serving her Lemon Poppy Seed Puffs! And finally, the Hodges and their staff are wonderful. From the first time that I stayed nine years ago until now, they have made me feel welcome and at home. They have gone out of their way many times to accommodate me especially when I was traveling for business and had to leave very early in the morning before breakfast was being served. They actually packed me "to go" breakfasts which included one of the homemade muffins, fruit, and yogurt, and they also made sure that I had a travel mug for my morning tea. I am not sure what more they could possibly do to help ensure a great stay in and visit to Gettysburg. Honestly, you are missing one of Gettysburg's true gems if you don't stay at the Brafferton!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review Elaine! We have been blessed to have met you back in 2005, and cherish the time when we can host you. You have truly become part of the family. Have a great summer and we will see you again soon!
Wading River, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I go to Gettysburg about 4 times a year and I end up staying at several different places in town, but this one is one to remember.
compare to the other bed and breakfasts in town this place is reasonably priced.
the innkeepers are very nice and breakfasts are the best I've ever had in a B&B.
I may just stay here on my next trip to Gettysburg and I am looking forward to it.
my wife and I
thank you for a nice weekend.

• Stayed July 2013
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. It is guests like you Ted, that make us love owning this inn. Hope to see you again soon!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This B&B was wonderful and has a very nice location. The owners were great and very accommodating. Our group stayed in 2 rooms; the Loft Suite and the Garden room. Both were decorated nicely and well maintained. We were just in Gettysburg for the 150th and had a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We had a great time meeting you and we hoped you enjoyed all the festivities in Gettysburg. Hopefully we can host you again in the future!
Brian Hodges
Owner/Innkeeper
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We annually take a trip to Gettysburg and stay at numerous places. The Brafferton was recommended to us. I had read reviews of the staff being less than pleasant but ignored it and followed a friend's recommendation, I regret that now. I've never been so upset that I felt compelled to write a review, but our experience was less than hospitable. We walked in and were treated like we were not welcome there, they were. Although the staff member who showed us around, Cristine was very warm and friendly, the owner and her son were stern and down right rude. When having trouble with the door, we were given a nasty look by Joan who asked if we needed to practice a few more times in a stern voice.

Unlike other bed and breakfasts where we enjoy our time and the amenities they offer, we avoided all meals and social hours. I would rather pay for a breakfast at the Lincoln Diner where the staff is friendly than have breakfast at the Brafferton. We were happy to leave and will not be staying again!

• Stayed July 2013
Tripadvisor readers, please remember there are two sides to every review. These are the correct facts:
This guest booked our smallest queen bedroom, (maximum two guests), one year ago for the big 150th anniversary celebration here in Gettysburg. He was sent a confirmation e-mail at that time, and then sent another reminder e-mail one week before his visit. Both noting that his reservation was for two guests. When he arrived to check in, he had a total of 3 in his party. It must be noted that we do not use cots, sleeping bags, air mattresses etc in our inn. When we inquired about where the 3rd person was going to sleep, he stated that one of them would sleep in the car! At this point, we were not rude in any way, but we were astonished and concerned that he was going to force one of his guests, (both females) to sleep in a car for three days. This guest had a whole year to contact us to possible switch to a bigger room or to even cancel his reservation and move to a hotel.
After checking the 3 of them in, we never saw them again for the entire visit, until it was time to pay the balance due on the room. He stated at that time that they had taken turns sleeping in the car!
We must also note that we tried very hard, unknown to him, to find a hotel room in town, but due to the celebration, everything in town was sold out.
Once again, we were not rude at all, and hopefully this guest treats his family better at home!
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We chose The Brafferton Inn for our stay in Gettysburg based on it's great location. It is literally one small block from the town square. We were able to walk to numerous shops and restaurants. We had booked a small room for our two night visit, but when we arrived we were offered The Brafferton Suite for a very small upgrade fee. Parking availability was a challenge, but this room came with a reserved parking space behind the Inn and was a very attractively appointed two-room suite with a lovely large bath. This room also came with modern jacuzzi, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the sitting room shared a two sided fireplace and swivel TV with the bedroom area.
The negatives were that this room was located in an adjacent building with windows facing the street. And, yes there is some street noise, but our days were so full of sightseeing and exploring, that we were not really bothered by this. Also, you must go to the main house for internet and breakfast. I must add however that the delicious breakfast is well worth the little morning walk.The muffins are amazing!
All in all, we enjoyed our stay very much....and would definitely recommend the modern Brafferton suite. It was especially nice to have a private street entrance to come and go.

Room Tip: Loved The Brafferton Suite!