“Best place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Best place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I sat in front of our computer six years ago looking for a bed and breakfast in Gettysburg. We went on to a website site called Bed and Breakfast.com. We chose the Brafferton because of its location. We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and really didnt know what to expect. Six years later we still stay at the Brafferton and I would not have it any other way. Joan and Brian do absolutely a perfect job from check in to check out and you wont find a breakfast like they make anywhere. We have stayed in serveral different rooms over the six years all are so nice and clean. We have always found Joan, Brian and their staff to be very friendly and more than accommodating. We feel there is just no experiance like the one we always get when staying at the Brafferton. We would not consider staying anywhere else. Each time we leave the Brafferton the first topic of conversation is "when are we going back".

Room Tip: Any room in Brafferton is a good room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words Chris. We have enjoyed hosting you and your wife over the past six years, and hope to host you again soon!!
Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Taneytown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We celebrated my husband's birthday at the Brafferton Inn. The Lincoln Suite was tastefully decorated and very spacious. Our king bed was so comfortable I barely remember pulling up the covers. Our Kuerig coffee went well with Joan's delicious cookies as we read our morning paper. Breakfast was a feast of fruit, pastries, bacon and blueberry pancakes created by Brian and oh so tasty. We live only 18 miles away, but will be back for the relaxing ambiance and yummy treats.

Room Tip: We loved the Lincoln Suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Zion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Can't tell you how much my wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Brafferton Inn. We were lucky enough to get in with last minute reservations and enjoyed our stay so much we extended an extra day.

Pros - Comfortable, quiet room
- Best home-cooked breakfast at a B&B I've ever had
- Staff is OUTSTANDING in all aspects. We think of Joan (the owner) as more of a friend than an Innkeeper.

Cons - Could use a slightly larger TV in the room. Hard to see from the bed.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the Inn are quieter and easy access to parking.
Altoona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a lovely B & B. We stayed in the Garden Room in the Carriage House and it was so lovely. The place is immaculately clean, everything is comfortable, and the food is fantastic. It is in a beautiful setting in downtown Gettysburg, very charming, within walking distance to many restaurants and quaint shops. Joan and other members of the staff (Emily) were absoluately wonderful. We truly enjoyed our time here. Parking in historic downtown is not always readily available, however, and that was not something we really thought about. There was a nice parking garage (paid) behind the inn that had plenty of spaces available and the staff were very helpful about parking information. We would absolutely go back again.

Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I needed to find a unique Christmas present (surprise) that was relaxing, enjoyable and fun too. I found the Inn on BedandBreakfast.com did some research and booked right on their website. Upon arrival we were given a choice in the room we wanted to stay in.. the Lincoln Suite or our original Catherine's Cove. While the Cove was beautiful we decided to stay in the Suite. It was spacious and absolutely beautiful. Joan and her son were so warm and welcoming! Breakfast was delish and I couldn't have asked for anything better.. We will def be back :)

Room Tip: pick whats best for you... they are all amazing!
Mantua, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I along with another couple spent the weekend after Thanksgiving at The Brafferton Inn. We will be going back again in the spring. Extremely relaxing, clean, friendly and phenomenal breakfast. We stayed in the Brafferton Suite and our friends stayed in Dorothy's Hideaway. When we went to check out we were asked if we actually stayed there because they never saw us except for breakfast. Yes, we stayed. Yes, we enjoyed. Yes, close to everything. The only suggestion I would make is if you go to the Inn at Herr for dinner plan on a 4 hour experience. We had planned on dinner and a ghost hunt. Missed the ghost hunt because service is extremely slow there. We will go back. No questions asked.

Room Tip: Parking is extremely difficult unless you have it included with your room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Codori Suite for his birthday weekend. We just got home to Long Island and I'm already missing the Inn. It was the best b&b my husband had stayed in and this was my first. Joan and Brian were so wonderful and we felt very welcomed. The town was decorated beautifully for Christmas and we had the chance to see the Christmas Parade at night from the warmth of our livingroom! The suite was very comfy cozy and beautifully decorated. We felt it was our home away from home. Brian is an AMAAAZING cook!!! I want to live there! Our experience was so great! I had to buy 2 mugs from them so that when I'm at home sipping on my coffee/ hot chocolate, i can remember the absolutely wonderful time we had there. HIGHLY recommend going there!!! Thanks to everyone at the Brafferton Inn especially to Joan and Brian :0)

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Brafferton Inn? Share your experiences!