“Murder Mystery - Second time was twice the fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Active Duty Discount
Ranked #13 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Chambersburg,PA
“Murder Mystery - Second time was twice the fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

After having a great time at the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast during a murder mystery weekend back in 2005, I decided to make reservations for another one and gave the trip to my wife as a Christmas present in 2006. This time we took some friends along to share it with. The experience was as enchanting as the first time we went with some surprises that made it all that much more special. When I stopped in to make the reservation, Van actually remembered us from over a year before. He was as cordial as I remembered and we spent quite awhile just talking about the last time we had visited. Dolores was equally gracious and pleasant making us feel all the more welcome. We had some friends along this time and one of them had some dietary restrictions. They made the accommodations for her without batting an eye. They didn't just throw a waffle and some donuts on a plate either. Her breakfast was just as fancy and gourmet-style as the regular menu items they prepared. And it was delicious too. I can't say enough about the professionalism of the staff and the ambiance of the Battlefield B&B. We've been trying to find time in our hectic schedule to make another trip over there. Now that I think about it as I compose this review, I believe this may have to be the year we throw the schedule out the window and just make it happen. Either way, I'll bet the service will be just as incredible as we remember.

• Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mt. Clemens, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

My husband and I brought our kids and my parents with us to Gettysburg and we wanted somewhere away from town to stay. The Battlefield Bed and Breakfast was perfect! It was nice and quite and the kids enjoyed playing board games in the common area, playing with the cats outside and petting the horse. Breakfast was excellent! We were there the same night as some local ghost hunters and enjoyed their pictures and stories. It's close to town so you are never too far away from shopping or dining. The Inn certainly was an important part of making our stay in Gettysburg enjoyable.

• Liked — The location and the grounds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sunnyvale California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

My sister and I spent a week in Gettysburg this past October. Each night we stayed at a different B&B. Our first night was at the BATTLEFIELD B&B. By far it was the best of all the ones we stayed at throughout the week. When either of us return to Gettysburg we will certainly be spending every night with FlorenceTarbox and her staff at the Battlefield B&B. I plan to go back and take my husband next time. My sister and I had such a packed schedule that we didn't have the time to walk the trails and explore the property, but my next visit we will definately spend more time doing so. Our family is initially from Oklahoma and as soon as we drove up the driveway and saw the "surey with the fringe on top"....we knew we were in the right place!!!!
Both of us highly recommend Battlefield B&B to everyone, families included. Give my regards to Soot and Fredrick the cats.
"I'll be back"!
Kaylin Chandler-Rodriquez
Sunnyvale, California and
Ceresa Chandler-Salter
Orange, California

• Liked — The ambiance, the service, the FOOD, the cleaniness, the beautiful grounds, the friendliness.
  • Disliked — NOTHING!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eastern Shore of Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We arrived at the inn at about 3pm Saturday afternoon. We were in the holiday spirit... it was cold and a light snow was falling. We were greeted by name with a smile by the inn staff outside as we walked toward the main entrance. Inside we found a warm, friendly atmsosphere, lemonade, and cookies. We were given a tour of the inn and a brief history of the property. We were shown our room and found a bottle of chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us just as I had requested. The room was clean and cozy. The gas fireplace topped it off. Each morning we enjoyed a delicious, homemade breakfast. My wife is vegetarian and her food preferences were respected and honored. We were introduced to the inn's four legged residents - the horses, sheep and goats - and made a few furry friends. We were delighted by the staff's hospitality and generosity. And we certainly appreciated the envirnomental conciousness - LED lights, composting, and recycling. Overall we had a wonderful stay and we are looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

Battlefield B&B hosted our wedding and reception on October 25, 2008. It was everything I'd hoped it would be - the staff is phenomenal; Florence is a gem. Everyone worked to make our day perfect, despite the pouring rain. When I walked into the barn for the reception, it was just as I'd pictured it in my mind for many months. Our wedding was casual, fun and unique - and everyone raved about it. We stayed for a couple of days for our "honeymoon," had a couple of ghostly experiences, and ate some fantastic breakfasts. Battlefield is a great place - and I know that even though we live only a few minutes away, we'll stay there again, just for the heck of it, when we "want to get away from it all."

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — We had some ghostly experiences! but nothing bad .... just exciting
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
almond, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

We have stayed in many B & B's in our travels, but we have made Battlefield B & B a yearly must! Florence and her staff are a joy and the breakfast is scrumptious. We can have a snack for lunch and be ready for the evening meal at one of our favorite restaurants. The morning programs are very informative and Florence's Friday night ghost stories are so wonderfully scary. This year our dog Fawn came with us and she was treated like a person and she felt welcomed, I'm sure. We have already booked our favorite room for November, 2009.
Howard and Susie Chambers, Almond, NC

• Liked — Lovely room, convenient to battlefield, town, restaurants, friendly staff and farm animals.
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Freindly hosts, great grounds for kids to run around on, tasty food. About everything one could want at a B and B. History lesson every morning - firing the musket was great!

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!