“Battlefield B&B THE BEST PLACE TO STAY!” 5 of 5 stars

Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2264 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Sunnyvale California
“Battlefield B&B THE BEST PLACE TO STAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

My sister and I spent a week in Gettysburg this past October. Each night we stayed at a different B&B. Our first night was at the BATTLEFIELD B&B. By far it was the best of all the ones we stayed at throughout the week. When either of us return to Gettysburg we will certainly be spending every night with FlorenceTarbox and her staff at the Battlefield B&B. I plan to go back and take my husband next time. My sister and I had such a packed schedule that we didn't have the time to walk the trails and explore the property, but my next visit we will definately spend more time doing so. Our family is initially from Oklahoma and as soon as we drove up the driveway and saw the "surey with the fringe on top"....we knew we were in the right place!!!!
Both of us highly recommend Battlefield B&B to everyone, families included. Give my regards to Soot and Fredrick the cats.
"I'll be back"!
Kaylin Chandler-Rodriquez
Sunnyvale, California and
Ceresa Chandler-Salter
Orange, California

• Liked — The ambiance, the service, the FOOD, the cleaniness, the beautiful grounds, the friendliness.
  • Disliked — NOTHING!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Eastern Shore of Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We arrived at the inn at about 3pm Saturday afternoon. We were in the holiday spirit... it was cold and a light snow was falling. We were greeted by name with a smile by the inn staff outside as we walked toward the main entrance. Inside we found a warm, friendly atmsosphere, lemonade, and cookies. We were given a tour of the inn and a brief history of the property. We were shown our room and found a bottle of chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us just as I had requested. The room was clean and cozy. The gas fireplace topped it off. Each morning we enjoyed a delicious, homemade breakfast. My wife is vegetarian and her food preferences were respected and honored. We were introduced to the inn's four legged residents - the horses, sheep and goats - and made a few furry friends. We were delighted by the staff's hospitality and generosity. And we certainly appreciated the envirnomental conciousness - LED lights, composting, and recycling. Overall we had a wonderful stay and we are looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

Battlefield B&B hosted our wedding and reception on October 25, 2008. It was everything I'd hoped it would be - the staff is phenomenal; Florence is a gem. Everyone worked to make our day perfect, despite the pouring rain. When I walked into the barn for the reception, it was just as I'd pictured it in my mind for many months. Our wedding was casual, fun and unique - and everyone raved about it. We stayed for a couple of days for our "honeymoon," had a couple of ghostly experiences, and ate some fantastic breakfasts. Battlefield is a great place - and I know that even though we live only a few minutes away, we'll stay there again, just for the heck of it, when we "want to get away from it all."

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — We had some ghostly experiences! but nothing bad .... just exciting
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
almond, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

We have stayed in many B & B's in our travels, but we have made Battlefield B & B a yearly must! Florence and her staff are a joy and the breakfast is scrumptious. We can have a snack for lunch and be ready for the evening meal at one of our favorite restaurants. The morning programs are very informative and Florence's Friday night ghost stories are so wonderfully scary. This year our dog Fawn came with us and she was treated like a person and she felt welcomed, I'm sure. We have already booked our favorite room for November, 2009.
Howard and Susie Chambers, Almond, NC

• Liked — Lovely room, convenient to battlefield, town, restaurants, friendly staff and farm animals.
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Freindly hosts, great grounds for kids to run around on, tasty food. About everything one could want at a B and B. History lesson every morning - firing the musket was great!

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
white plains, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

let's see, where do i begin... in a nutshell, i booked my trip a year in advance, so i could be there for the big 145th reenactement. i booked online, which was my first mistake. the room i booked was online for 175-199$'s per nite, i assumed the price would be the latter due to it being on the weekend, than when i rec'd my invoice, 10 months later, they added on 50$'s per nite because it was the "heritage days"... i didn't even know what that was! they had me caught between a rock and a hard place... they knew there wasn't another place to stay w/in a 50 mile radius of gettysburg at that time of the year... so, i had to stay there and like another reviewer said, the first thing they wanted was my money, barely a hello. the inn itself is ok, very noisy and the decor leaves a bit to the imagination... it could be real nice, if they took the time to display some of their civil war things better. take your shower at nite, than it may be warm. the innkeeper didn't even introduce herself, i actually thought she was just the cook. i will give it kudos for it's breakfast and lemonade, but there are other inns that provide those just as well.

• Liked — breakfast, lemonade
  • Disliked — price gauging
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Renceta, owner at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2008
We reconfirmed with these guests two months before they arrived and made sure that they were aware that holidays and Heritage Days have a surcharge. I wish that the guests had asked for a referral to a less expensive inn because our bed and breakfast association shares availability information. We happily give out this information. There were rooms available at other inns if they had asked. On that weekend, I had made a point to arrange a special tour for my guests to see the Union Cavalry arrive at the Civil War reenactment. I took most of my guests out early and we spent the morning visiting a Revolutionary War cemetery, an 18th Century church, and watching 200 uniformed horsemen march through the farmland north of Gettysburg. It was an amazing sight, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Some of my guests hurried to the reenactment and declined the tour, so I didn't spend as much time with them. If any of our guests want to spend time with me, I would like to encourage them to tell the staff. I enjoy my guests and enjoy spending time with them.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

Our stay at Battlefied B&B was a total emersion into the history of the Civil War and the impact the battle of Gettysburg had on the people, property and the economy of Gettysburg. Where else would one hear an informative lecture in history while sittlng in a cozy B&B? Only at Battlefield B&B.

The food is delicious and the host helped us feel at home. Her depth of knowledge about the battle added to our understaning of the historical significance of the battle of Gettysburg. She offers well constructed themes that drew us into the time and place of the battle.

I highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed February 2008

Been to Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!