“the Bad, the okay and the Good” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$130 January Special
Ranked #12 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Prince George, Canada
“the Bad, the okay and the Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Lets start with the bad; don't come here if great bathing facilities are your thing. My friend and I stayed in the Reilly Suite and the bathroom was clean but strictly vintage 1970s. Worse was the pressure issue, my friend was okay at 6:30 am, a weak shower but acceptable. When I got in at 7 am, it was literally a trickle. I settled for evening showers. This is definately an area where the owner could invest in some serious upgrades.

The okay; our suite had a double and two twins in an adjacent room (our reason for staying), butu my friend kindly gave me the double even though I lost the toss because at 5 ft. 9 in. my feet hung off the end. She found the bed hard (nd the room crowded. My bed was a bit soft, but comfortable.

The good. THe decor is nice, not expensive but traditional type furnishings, nice wood floors and a nice diningroom. It is a historical house and the parlour is just very neat with beams and the original stone walls. There is supposed to be a ghost, we saw a bucket move in an unexplained way, but no great hauntings.

The great: the food was excellent, cookies, coffee, tea and water present 24/7 and a tasty substantive brerakfast. An hour before breakfast, there is an hour long lecture on the history of the civil war. Our speaker was a retired park historian and very interesting. And it is a 10 minute drive to the Battlefield (actually the B&B IS part of the Battlefield!) and the town of Gettysburg. There is also a trolley at the end of a 1/4 mile drive to town, but we didn't try it. Very convenient. And the staff were lovely and helpful. The place includes a large number of resident cats (none in the house if you are not cat friendly) some of whom are social and one of which my friend had to carry out from in front of the car so I could park, and a donkey. The B&B allows dogs, so pet friendly. It is out in the country and this made it quite peaceful, rather than the B&Bs in town, which I expect could be quitet noisy.

Room Tip: We never saw it but there is a bridal suite in an adjacent barn that has a jaccuzi tub, and other am...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Battlefield B, Innkeeping Assistant at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We appreciate the detailed account of your stay with us here at Battlefield B&B. We are glad that you had a positive experience with us and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our all-too-brief visit to the Battefield B&B. The morning breakfast was delicious and the preceding history lecture very informative. The staff was very friendly. The place is pet friendly and it was nice to see the other guests who had dogs being treated with such welcome. I would definitely see myself staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Gettysburg.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Beautiful house, we got to gettysburg with no plan in mind on Memorial Day weekend. Lucked out when a family had to leave and they had an opening. Journals are great we stayed up all night reading them. Staff was amazing. Can't wait to cone back again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Battlefield B&B. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Gettysburg.
Naugatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Beautiful house and property! Wonderful staff! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a great B&b in Gettysburg and it's even a civil war house. Love it! They also have amazing cookies :) can't wait to visit there again! Also the innkeeper was wonderful booking my room at the last minute when my plans out of town fell through And staying late to get me in and settled! Thanks so much!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review Battlefield B&B. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I, along with our dog stayed here in early April 2014 and we found a lot to like. Part of the B&B dates to the early 1800's and was a witness to the battle. There are monuments and historic markers on and near the property mostly commemorating the cavalry engagement that occurred here at the southern edge of the battlefield. Additionally, there's a talk most mornings before breakfast covering Gettysburg and Civil War topics. We really enjoyed the talk about the owner of the property at the time of the battle. He was apparently an abolitionist and was actually captured briefly during the battle! Regarding less historical matters, the breakfasts were top notch, the rooms were clean, and you're a short 5-10 minute drive from most of the sites. If there's one quibble with the place it would be that some if it's historical aspects tend to get in the way of modern day comforts, but you can't have it both ways I suppose. Lastly, we were also really pleased with their pet policies. As I mentioned, we stayed with our dog and there were no additional pet fees and there was lots of green space where we could take her for a walk, though there were quite a few outdoor cats which may have intimidated her, but in general she was made to feel like a very welcome guest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Battlefield B&B. We are glad that you (and your dog) enjoyed your stay with us.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a very beautiful and historical B&B located on a beautiful (still working) farm. Everything is beautifully furnished beds are very comfortable, and every morning you are served a lovely breakfast by people in authentic costume followed by a wonderful historical discussion by a "soldier".
When i visited i stayed in their newly renovated "Tack Room" because i was traveling with my Corgi. OMG IT WAS GORGEOUS! Bare walls showing the barn and stone, and a beautiful blue paint with a gorgeous bathroom (wish i cold have utilized the Jacuzzi!). Since the hold weddings this was obviously the brides suite, and boy! Whatever brides get to use this were in heaven!.
I have no complaints regarding this establishment, but i do warn people who are Allergic to animals as there are many (friendly) barn cats running about as well as two horses a donkey, goats, and some other farm animals.
Will be coming here every time i visit!

Room Tip: The tack room is the best room to stay in. Very romantic, secluded and gorgeous.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I decided to surprise my sister with a grand weekend in Gettysburg at the end of February. My husband and I and stayed there back 2006. Since then the inn has added the "Tack room", I cant say enough about this room. It was a magical oasis surrounded in the rich history of Gettysburg. We arrived on February 21, 2014, just after a big snow storm. We had an early check-in and our room was ready and did not disappoint. The tack room was the original barn used during the battle at Gettysburg, the renovations transformed this old barn back to its original glory by incorporating the original beams, trim and post throughout the room. My sister and I explored the grounds and enjoyed our breakfast which was amazing, fresh squeezed orange juice, pancakes, homemade muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, tea.... Oh, Did I mention the never ending coffee/teas and home made cookies (still warm). We are planning our next in the fall. I highly recommend this bed & breakfast. They have so much to offer for families, specials events (family reunion, wedding, anniversaries) and you can even bring your four legged children.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!