“Last min trip. ” 5 of 5 stars

Active Duty Discount
Ranked #13 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
“Last min trip. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Beautiful house, we got to gettysburg with no plan in mind on Memorial Day weekend. Lucked out when a family had to leave and they had an opening. Journals are great we stayed up all night reading them. Staff was amazing. Can't wait to cone back again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Battlefield B, Innkeeping Assistant at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Battlefield B&B. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Gettysburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Naugatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Beautiful house and property! Wonderful staff! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a great B&b in Gettysburg and it's even a civil war house. Love it! They also have amazing cookies :) can't wait to visit there again! Also the innkeeper was wonderful booking my room at the last minute when my plans out of town fell through And staying late to get me in and settled! Thanks so much!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review Battlefield B&B. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I, along with our dog stayed here in early April 2014 and we found a lot to like. Part of the B&B dates to the early 1800's and was a witness to the battle. There are monuments and historic markers on and near the property mostly commemorating the cavalry engagement that occurred here at the southern edge of the battlefield. Additionally, there's a talk most mornings before breakfast covering Gettysburg and Civil War topics. We really enjoyed the talk about the owner of the property at the time of the battle. He was apparently an abolitionist and was actually captured briefly during the battle! Regarding less historical matters, the breakfasts were top notch, the rooms were clean, and you're a short 5-10 minute drive from most of the sites. If there's one quibble with the place it would be that some if it's historical aspects tend to get in the way of modern day comforts, but you can't have it both ways I suppose. Lastly, we were also really pleased with their pet policies. As I mentioned, we stayed with our dog and there were no additional pet fees and there was lots of green space where we could take her for a walk, though there were quite a few outdoor cats which may have intimidated her, but in general she was made to feel like a very welcome guest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Battlefield B&B. We are glad that you (and your dog) enjoyed your stay with us.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a very beautiful and historical B&B located on a beautiful (still working) farm. Everything is beautifully furnished beds are very comfortable, and every morning you are served a lovely breakfast by people in authentic costume followed by a wonderful historical discussion by a "soldier".
When i visited i stayed in their newly renovated "Tack Room" because i was traveling with my Corgi. OMG IT WAS GORGEOUS! Bare walls showing the barn and stone, and a beautiful blue paint with a gorgeous bathroom (wish i cold have utilized the Jacuzzi!). Since the hold weddings this was obviously the brides suite, and boy! Whatever brides get to use this were in heaven!.
I have no complaints regarding this establishment, but i do warn people who are Allergic to animals as there are many (friendly) barn cats running about as well as two horses a donkey, goats, and some other farm animals.
Will be coming here every time i visit!

Room Tip: The tack room is the best room to stay in. Very romantic, secluded and gorgeous.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I decided to surprise my sister with a grand weekend in Gettysburg at the end of February. My husband and I and stayed there back 2006. Since then the inn has added the "Tack room", I cant say enough about this room. It was a magical oasis surrounded in the rich history of Gettysburg. We arrived on February 21, 2014, just after a big snow storm. We had an early check-in and our room was ready and did not disappoint. The tack room was the original barn used during the battle at Gettysburg, the renovations transformed this old barn back to its original glory by incorporating the original beams, trim and post throughout the room. My sister and I explored the grounds and enjoyed our breakfast which was amazing, fresh squeezed orange juice, pancakes, homemade muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, tea.... Oh, Did I mention the never ending coffee/teas and home made cookies (still warm). We are planning our next in the fall. I highly recommend this bed & breakfast. They have so much to offer for families, specials events (family reunion, wedding, anniversaries) and you can even bring your four legged children.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Merrick, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This B&B was a standout due to its proximity to the Gettysburg battlefields and its pet friendliness. Accessed by a bumpy road off the highway, you first see the 19th century barn and quickly find out that this is still a working farm. Our suite was everything we'd hoped for - beautifully furnished and comfortable, with a view to the large pond in the grounds. There is a beautifully furnished living room where we entertained cousins on our second day. The most unique service occurs at 8 AM every day when there is an hour-long history lesson with a local expert before breakfast. Each breakfast was superb and tailored to our dietary needs. Loved it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I truly enjoyed this B&B. I spent three wonderful nights at this place and enjoyed every single moment. Everything went well, from the warm personalized welcome by Bill and Cookie, to Bill’s ghost stories on Friday night, to Gerry´s history lessons before breakfast, to the actual wonderful (and huge) breakfasts by chef Jericca. I stayed at the Graham’s Battery room which is on a back corner of the house. I believe this was the key to quiet nights. The room was adjacent to a sitting area that had two day beds, plenty of children’s toys, the old fashion kind, civil war picture and reading books, and memorabilia. Both my room and the sitting room had their own fireplace; oh, the fireplace in my room…! Gas, very convenient, and clean; it also had a TV with Direct TV service that I could not care for much since I don’t watch TV preferring to read the civil war books which were so interesting. The real fireplace in the sitting room, which was not necessary to lit but ready to go, was also very clean. And by closing the door to the main living room, it made it a private suite.

The main living room was used only for the ghost stories on Friday night and the rest of the time, and although there were several couples and other guests, it was not used so I basically had a whole area of the house to myself, complete privacy and… quietness. So quiet, that I went to bed by 10:00 p.m. on the first night and didn’t wake up until close to 8:00 a.m. Despite years of insomnia and being an awful light sleeper, I didn’t even feel the second night. On the third and last night, I woke up by 9:30 a.m. the next morning, well past the “history lesson” and breakfast, telling to myself “it’s not possible!” But, yes, it was possible. You do hear some footsteps mainly when people retire to their rooms but come on, it’s a 200 year old house! Yet everyone does their best to keep it low; I could not hear anybody past 10:00 p.m. Ahhh, country life.

I could park in the back of the house, in fact, I was the only one parking in the back, which allowed me to come and go as I pleased without disturbing other guests. The property is large enough and I walked my dog throughout the grounds a couple of times each day, it took us at least one hour each time and I don’t think I covered it all; we found deer and rabbits, ducks and geese, the farm’s animals and, plenty of cats. This place must be gorgeous in the spring and summer with flowers and greenery.

Guests are encouraged to play the grand piano. I heard a couple of ladies playing beautiful ballads and songs of the civil war, talk about ambiance… and guests are very friendly. I made new friends who gave me suggestions on places to go and invited me to the Hauser Estate winery to listen to an Irish band.

The service was excellent. Everyone went above the call of duty to make myself and my dog very comfortable; providing me with water and food bowls I forgot to bring (duh), extra blankets I requested to place on the bed in case my dog got muddy, to re-heating my breakfast because, yes, I overslept (thank you, thank you), to calling me on the phone because I had forgotten my dog’s food in the fridge after checking out, to turning a bit of a blind eye when my dog finally pulled away once or twice and chased a couple of them cats.

The location of Battlefield B&B is fantastic as well, close enough to the Battlefield National Historic Site and far enough from the actual town and all kinds of … noise. It is also on the west side of town which is perfect for day trips to Maryland and West Virginia. We made day trips to a couple of vineyards, Harper’s Ferry and Antietam’s battlefields, and the Catoctin Mountain and Cunningham Falls Parks. It snowed on my last day so I was not able to do more sightseeing, but it all sure looked quite pretty.

The only bit of a hiccup would be the cats if your dog has a “thing” for cats, there are 30 of them, it would be a bit hard to restrain him or her. My dog goes ballistic when eyeing cats and wants to chase them so badly, he shakes when I restrain him, but still, I was able to control him and the cats pretty much take care of themselves, they just run up the trees. Another hiccup would be that finding nice dining and pet friendly restaurants in the area during winter is almost impossible despite of what they advertise, so I had to settle for take-out. Oh, well. And yet, they allow you to leave your pet in the room if you prefer, I just didn’t want to leave mine. I will definitely return, with friends and family!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!